28

* * * *
"M'lady!" Nancy shouted, making Irisa jump up, she looked around and found a violently beast charging at her, her eyes widened feeling disoriented, she yelped jumping to the left side of the tree barrier escaping the beast.

Irisa shook as the beast stood and turned aiming to charge at them again, "we need to leave Nancy!" Irisa shouted, Nancy, looked toward the horse as Irisa drew her sword, taking a defensive ready to slay the beast.

It screeched and charged again, Nancy shook as her lady slammed the sword unto its head. She pulled it out before the animal stomped and charged at Irisa angrily, she slammed her sword once more but before the monster could turn back, she slammed her sword into its back earning another screech.

Irisa panted feeling a sharp pain radiating throughout her back. She collapsed next to the barely moving animal. Nancy ran toward her, "m'lady! M'lady!" Nancy shook her, she was unconscious and was barely breathing.

"Irisa! Irisa! What will I do?" she swallowed as she started feeling blood gush from her back. Tears fell from her eyes as she looked around, it was barely dawn and her lady was bleeding seriously and she did not know how to ride the horse.

"Please m'lady! I am pleading with you, just open your eyes. I am begging you! We need to save his highness remember! I am begging you, just please!" Nancy continued begging, looking around, but nobody to help her.

She swallowed and ran towards her medicine, she remember asking what the bottle she had tied to the horse was and the princess told her it was her medicine. She ran back to her falling to the ground and opened her mouth pouring all the content into her mouth praying to the gods that she opened her eyes so they could leave the place they were.

Tears rushed from her eyes as she broke into a bitter sob, she swallowed feeling as though she was going to lose the only person she had. "M'lady!" Irisa opened her eyes slowly, earning a relieved sigh from her maid. She fell to the side as Irisa slowly sat up looking at the dead beast next to her and her crying maid.

"What happened?" she asked quietly, and Nancy took in a deep breath, thanking the gods that she was alive. Irisa groaned feeling pain radiating from her back, she reached out to it before flinching at the pain.

"You... You passed out! M'lady, you are bleeding! You collapsed after killing the beast!" she explained, Irisa stood to her feet and glanced at the beast that was bleeding out.

She stumbled making Nancy's anxiety heighten, she moved toward the horse and grabbed it, rubbed the horse's hair, and pulled its reins, "we need to leave, we get to Venusa before noon."

"M'lady, let us stop, eat and at least take some rest in the village. It will help if you rest."

"We... I do not have the time for that Nancy! We need to get to Venusa!"

"M'lady you are sick! You need to get your help!"

"This is not why I have asked you to follow me on this journey Nancy!"

"M'lady you can not continue this pattern, you will not reach Venusa, if you do."

"Spare me the lecture and get on the horse, Nancy."

"I will not because you seem to be acting like a petulant child!"

"I will not repeat my command, Nancy!"

"Is it the guilt?" Nancy suddenly asked making Irisa frown, "I do not know what you speak of?"

"You do not want him to die because you think! No, you know that you have done him wrong and you do not want to live with yourself knowing someone you might have potentially loved will die without you apologizing and making it right!"