19

* * * *
"We should get to bed, it is quite late." Irisa nodded looking at the four-poster bed and stood to her feet sluggishly leaving the warm embrace.

"You have all this and you made Nancy and I suffer in that old small room?" Irisa questioned wondering how this room could be this luxurious in a manor that was practically falling apart.

"I wasn't sure if you were a spy for the Empress, I had to protect myself." Irisa nodded and pulled the huge duvet that covered the bed.

"I apologize for that," Aaron said seriously, she nodded and sank into the soft bed. This was even softer than the one she had back in Hasten.

"Wow!" she exclaimed as he joined her, sinking into the soft comfort. "This is very comfortable," she tapped on the side of the bed and threw Aaron a glance who was staring at her.

"It is."

"Well, I am going to go to sleep, we have much more to discuss tomorrow." he nodded watching her close and open her eyes.

"You are still not forgiven, Aaron," Aaron scoffed

"I understand," he closed his eyes, a smile on his lips. "Goodnight princess."

"Good night Aaron," she mumbled, the drowsiness overpowering her.

* * * *
Irisa opened her eyes slowly, the bright light. She turned to see Aaron staring at her, "good morning," she said softly and sat up. "Good morning princess, you seem well rested," He pulled the duvet off and stood to his feet.

"This bed is very comfortable, the softest I have ever had the opportunity of laying on." He took his shirt and his mask off. He turned toward her and smiled, "well, you can stay here for the rest of your days." she laughed courteously and nodded.

"This is the first I am seeing the face of the man I am married to, isn't it strange?" she asked amused.

She sat up, watching him, as he prepared a cup of tea for both of them, and opened the window wider. She squinted and frowned, it was a bright day. She had a lot to do, the celebration was today even though she felt it was necessary.

He walked back with a tray and sank next to her, shifting the tray toward her. She smiled, "thank you..." she appreciated making him nod. He took a cup and a biscuit shoving them in his mouth. They sat in silence eating and enjoying their tea.

"You need to start the preparation early, we have to have lunch with your family. I think that the Empress wants to announce princess Beatrice's engagement to the crown prince.

"That good! I will finally see my brothers! I am sure they wouldn't want to miss their sister's engagement."

"You seem close to your brothers," she nodded her head eagerly.

"Yes, they have treated me not only like their father's bastard child but as a sister, they have been good to me."

"Which of them would you say is the closest to you?" he asked curiously.

"Well, I will say, Benedict, he is my best friend. We have been close since we were kids." Irisa sighed, "it is just so sad that I don't see much anymore." Aaron placed his hands on her shoulder giving her a reassuring smile.

"But you will see him today, that would be good for both of you." Irisa nodded and looked away.

"I am so delighted, after months. He must miss me so much and he must be dying to see me as I am him,"

"He must."

"I must go and take my bath, I will have to dress in my best Harriton garment." he nodded watching her, she dropped the tea cup and moved out of the bed. She picked up her headpiece, she bowed slowly and courtesy, "I will see you later, my prince."