44

* * * *
Aaron turned back to the group not surprised and not bothered at all of their mouths hung open, Raymond was not part of the group thankfully, "you! You bastard! You... You can walk!" Agnes greeted, making Aaron scoff with a smirk, he was not bothered by the number of guards that were there with him.

"Your highness! The Emperor! I think the Emperor is dead!" a guard yelled running toward the still Emperor, that was the least of their worries.

"But of course stepmother, I can walk, did you think you silly little plan to make I would walk?" he asked and took a seat, Donald frowned at his statement, he had never seen Aaron like this before. He looked sinister, malicious even. Donald did not let it show but his heart pounded faster just looking at his elder brother. Aaron looked like he was just resting, he sat on that chair and crossed his legs, his would occasionally go to his wife that was tied up behind them.

"What is he talking about mother?" Donald asked him, "He... he is a liar Donald you cannot believe what ever is coming out of his mouth..."

"Oh do not lie, Agnes, do not tell your son you have no idea what I am saying, we all very well know you are a chronic liar and you can do without it."

"How could you lie to us? We are family! Why did you pretend to be crippled and unable to do anything when you knew it was all a lie?" Beatrice gritted out.

"Oh shut up woman! You can still talk after what I did to you?" Beatrice's eyes widened, her teeth crashed together and her hands clamped shut, the smile and the look he was giving was scary "you... You were.... You were the one behind my attack?" she stuttered, questioning.

"One of my many little tricks," Aaron titled his head, "well you are surrounded now! You have nowhere to go! You have been captured and you cannot do anything?!" Donald boasted.

"Aw poor little you... Do you think your guards can harm me? Such naivete!" he tsked and turned to Samuel, "I knew you were not loyal to me, Irisa yes but me, never. I thank you for your services but your death I promise will be the most brutal," he promised, sending a chilled shiver down Samuel spine.

"You are a sick individual! What do you think you would achieve by doing all of this? Do you think you could get out of here alive?" Agnes questioned and folded her arms.

"I do not think so Agnes, I know so! you think i would come here unharmed with this traitor? you think I would my wife at risk?"

"We do not care what you think you are doing today but you will not get out of this palace or even this room free."

"The Emperor's last Decree!!!!!!!!" an eunuch shouted and ran into the room, "oh goodie! My little surprise is here!" he smiled like a little child getting his favorite gifts.

"A last decree? why wasn't I informed of it existence?"

"The Emperor is not obligated to inform you of all his decisions."

Everyone turned to him as he opened the scroll, "this is from the Emperor of Kaley! Cassio II Son of Andrew IV, ruler of Kaley, quote: 'this decree is to be carried out immediately after my death, and no power will overrule it. Whoever does not agree or obey the edit shall be killed by public execution.

The first prince of Kaley is to take the throne immediately after my demise, he is to rule as Emperor, with his wife as Empress."

Murmuring echoed throughout the room, "furthermore, the minister of Justice has brought forward evidence against the Empress and the second prince which has made me believe that the Empress is corrupt and has looted huge amounts of money from the national treasury, as of now an investigation will be launched and all powers conferred on her is removed and would be bestowed upon princess Irisa the first princess, who is now heiress to the Empress throne.