39

* * * *
"Beloved," Aaron whispered into her neck, she groaned not wanting to open her eyes, and she fell asleep exhausted from all the activities the night before. Even after walking around the whole day, they found a surge of stamina when Aaron made advances toward her.

"You need to stand up beloved, it is the festival of the Gods, and we have a lot to do," she groaned softly rolling over and pulling him more into her arms.

"Can we just stay in bed all day and rest, it is quite early is not?" Aaron chuckled and pinched her arm causing her eyes to open. It fell straight on Aaron who was staring at her with a smirk on his face.

"Common get up, we have a lot of things to do, we can lay in bed all day even though that would be my wish," he smirked rubbing her arm.

"I am tired Aaron, you made sure of it."

He sat up and stretched, he pulled his garment from the side of the bed and putting it on. He started putting on his clothes making her frown and sit up, "are you not going to bathe?" he looked up and shook his head.

"I cannot as of yet, we have some preparation to still do but please do not come out until the evening, women of the manor are to prepare themselves for the festival. Nancy will help you prepare."

She nodded as he walked toward her side of the bed and gave her a long kiss on her lips, he pulled his jacket on and walked toward the door, "I will come back in some hours and we can attend the festival together, for now, all you need to do is rest."

"I understand but why did you wake me up if I was not going to do anything anyways? I mean why not just let me have my rest?" he smirked and closed the door leaving her frowning.

Soon after, Nancy walked in with some ladies smiling happily, a small smile played on her maid's lips as they help her into a robe. She walked toward the chess they were playing the night before.

"I have all day to prepare, so I want play a quick game with you Nancy, just like old times?" Nancy nodded and sat opposite her.

The maids stood and watched as the princess yelled and laughed hysterically, almost snorting. It was the most uncultured they had ever seen her. She asked them to drop the silver wares and trays they held and ask them to join her. It was the day of the festival after all, they was no reason they had to stand there. It would be cruel of her to do that.

"Your highness I think little siena has a crush on Viron." Siena a maid sitting opposite the princess, just a few years younger than her, blushed furiously, she was a very shy woman in contrast to her beautiful dark skin and lush, thick, curly hair.

"It is true little siena?" Irisa teased making the other maids hoot and holler loudly at her, "stop it." she was forced to say at some point, she sigh and look up even more shyly, "I do not think he likes me back your highness. Besides, he is far older than me and he has more status how could he settle for a maid like me?"

Irisa sighed and placed her hand on the bed, "you can never know until you try. It is the festival today, so why not approach him." she suggested but Siena shook her head, "I cannot do that your highness! That is improper for a lady." she looked down blushing.

"Stop overthinking it and just do."

"Did you hear what happen yesterday?" Another maid questioned changing the subject realizing Siena was getting uncomfortable. Irisa looked to the other maid paying her attention.

"Isabelle quit on the spot yesterday, she was very furious with the princes, nobody can judge. She wants to leave the manor," Irisa frowned. Isabelle was not her friend, but the way her husband talked about her, she was an important person to not only him but his quest as a whole, and to watch that person leave.