Chapter 1 - Olivia

"Megs! Seriously I'm leaving without you, get your arse down here now," I shout.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," she says running down the stairs, pulling her books into her bag and grabbing her shoes. "We have plenty of time Liv, why are we rushing?".

"It's my first day Megs, I want to make a good impression. This is massive and if it works out my career will take off and I'm still in uni! I am not going to risk giving it up because your arse made me late."

"Oh Liv come on you'll be fine. As soon as they see your photos, they will adore you," she tells me.

"Why are you even coming with me to this? You're not the one being paid," I ask, very curiously actually.

Megs has a boyfriend who she's been with since the start of uni. She grew up here and I met her in uni on my first day. Of course, I walked into her, and she dropped her coffee all over herself. I apologised so much and told her to come back to my house so I can clean her up to say sorry. She immediately fitted in with us girls, we soon because the four musketeers and she became my best friend.

God it was incredible. New house. Family. Uni. New chapters. And a new best friend.

I remember how happy everything felt that year.

But Megs was that typical party animal. She moved in with me in our second year of uni. It was just me living in the house by then and I offered it to her at half the price of uni accommodation. She immediately accepted; I mean who wouldn't? This house is incredible. Or it was. Now its just that. A house. Not a home.

She would stay over at her boyfriends some days of the week and worked at a local café as a barista. My father paid the mortgage still, thank God. So, we didn't have to worry about that, and I soon let her off the rent payments, assuring her my father can pay for what he did. But we both didn't have an income so had to get part time jobs. I worked at a local photography agency through my second and third year at uni. It didn't pay well but it helped me with food, clothes and all the essentials to life. I quit when I got a job as the official photographer for the city's ice hockey team. Massive. I know.

"I know I'm not being paid Liv, but the thought of you being surrounded by numerous hot hockey players makes my ovaries burst with jealousy, so I plan on making just as good of a first impression as you do," she states, full on smirk on her face.

I laugh as we step out the house and make our way to my car.

We drive the 10 minutes to the arena, and park up.

Suddenly I feel the nerves creeping up on me. Fuck. Don't freak out now Liv. You're wearing mascara for once in your life and I don't know if its waterproof.

Fuck. What kind of panic-attack prone, emotionally unstable person doesn't buy waterproof mascara?

"Liv....Liv...hey, it's going to be okay, you can do this girl and I'm right here with you," Megs reassures me.

"Thanks Megs, yeah, I'm fine, I just hate new people and new beginnings."

"Come on, lets go get some dick," I gasp at her as she starts bursting out laughing. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding," she says, belly laughing as we exit the car.

"What would Mark say if he heard you say that Megs, you wouldn't like it if he was off ogling other women."

"Oh shh, he couldn't care less. He knows I like to ogle and he trusts me to do just that and nothing more," she adds.

"God you two are like a true Romeo and Juliet aren't you, just without the depressing ending," I state.

"We are, come on," she says opening the arena door for me "Lets find you your Romeo."