Chapter 47 - James

I'm sitting in the meeting room with Henry, Megs, Olivia and two court representatives while Megs finishes filling out her restraining order.

Me and Olivia managed to convince Megs to report assault, harassment from the tracking and file for a restraining order.

She was granted it due to Mark's history.

Mark was informed of the order and has agreed to leave Megs.

The girls have been staying with me for the last three days and I'm glad we were able to come to an agreement on how to deal with this.

I have to admit, I'm going to miss having them in my house, and waking up next to Liv, but I know this was only temporary and can tell the girls are eager to get back home and to their regular lives.

They've been in the house for the last three days, only coming with me to practice, I haven't let them out to the shop or uni, I couldn't be sure Mark wouldn't find them.

Now I can rest assured that Mark shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Once the court representatives give the final nod, we all stand and shake hands.

"See you at the game tomorrow Liv, Megs feel free to come with if you don't want to be home alone," I state as the girls exit my office.

"I think I might take you up on that offer," she nods.

"I'll have a ticket reserved for you," I nod back.

I lean into Liv and place a quick kiss on her lips, when I pull back Megs is glaring at me.

"Can you two not rub your perfect little romance in my face," she says sternly but I can tell she's not really angry.

I hold my hands up in defence, "sorry."

"Don't worry Megs, I'll get you back in the game soon enough," Liv replies.

Megs scoffs, "because you have tonnes of experience don't you."

Liv taps Megs shoulder, "I'm going to ignore your digs and drive you to McDonalds, are you hangry?".

I shake my head at the two and watch them walk to Liv's car, throwing shade at each other as they go.

~~

I'm talking with Leo when Liv and Megs walk in the changing rooms.

Liv's eyes instantly search me out and she smiles when they land on me.

I smile back and turn back to Leo.

The girls head out just as we make our way to the rink.

When I'm in the game box I look up and eye Megs sitting on one of the edge seats and Liv stood next to her, camera in hand.

She nods her head to something Megs says before jogging down the steps and bringing her camera up to her eye.

I turn to the boys.

We bag the win as expected and the boys make their usual ego boosted runs around the rink, cheering on the crowd.

I look back to Megs to find her stood with Liv both starting to head down the stairs.

We make our way to the changing rooms and ten minutes later the girls walk in.

Liv is busy packing her camera away while Megs is deep in conversation with Connor.

I think he has a thing for her, and I need to make sure his intentions are good.

I trust him, I trust all my boys, but I feel the need to protect Megs as much as I would Olivia.