Chapter 37 - James

I open my eyes and am greeted by crisp light coming through the cracks in the blinds.

I glance back towards the sofa I'm sat on and see a still sleeping Liv, curled into my side.

Zeus is at the bottom, spread between her legs.

I smile and bring my hand to her cheek, pushing the stray piece of hair behind her ear.

She's so peaceful when she sleeps.

I hope she won't be mad she slept here.

Small mumbles come from her as she binks her eyes up at me.

As they clear, they become wider as she glares at me, around the room, and back at me.

"James?" she asks.

"Morning."

"Shit, did I fall asleep? Sorry, shit, sorry," she replies, bringing herself slightly upright.

"It's fine Liv, honestly, I don't mind at all," I reply.

She rubs her eyes and yawns, the cutest yawn ever.

"Hungry?" I ask and she glances back towards me.

"Yeah," she nods her head.

I bring her to stand, holding onto her hips to bring her to her feet and then glide her into the hallway.

I move in front of her and point up the stairs, "bathroom up the stairs, first door on the right," I reply.

"Oh perfect, thank you," she replies walking up.

I walk to the kitchen and open the sliding doors for Zeus to go outside, I grab his dog bowl and empty some food for him before setting it down.

I walk up the stairs and into my room, changing my clothes.

I walk out my room just as Liv walks out the bathroom opposite.

She smiles up to me, then down at my clothes and shoes.

"Going somewhere?" she asks.

"Thought we could grab some breakfast?" I reply.

Her smile widens, "mmm sounds good to me, I'll meet you downstairs."

I finish up in the bathroom and make my way downstairs, I hear shuffling in the front room and poke my head round.

The sofa has been plumped, the blanket folded and placed back where it was.

She's sat on the floor, playing tug-of-war with Zeus.

"Ready?"

She glances my way before turning back to Zeus and giving him a big cuddle and kiss, "see you later buddy."

We walk down the driveway and Liv gets to her car, but I carry on walking the other way.

"Er James? Where are you going?" she shouts to me.

I turn around, now walking backwards, "breakfast, come on," I hold my hand out to her.

She jogs towards me and grabs my hand in hers, "where are we going?" she asks.

"You'll see," I reply.

~~

We walk hand in hand, keeping each other warm from the cold November air.

5 minutes later we come to a small café on the corner of the street.

'Belle's Bakes' pink with fake flowers decorating the outside.

I look towards Liv as I open the door for her.

She looks up at the entrance and flowers, "this is so beautiful, I didn't even know it was here."