Chapter 49 - Olivia

"Hey, only one more home match until Christmas," Leo says, coming to stand in front of me in the changing rooms.

"Yeah, I'm excited for the boxing day game as well," I reply, packing my camera away.

"What are you doing for Christmas?" he asks.

"Probably just the normal, me and Megs make Christmas dinner, drink wine and watch Christmas movies all day, what about you?" I smile.

"Family, I have two younger brothers, so we get together at my parents' house."

"That's sweet, will they be coming to the boxing day match?" I ask.

Leo nods, "yeah, most of the families do, it's a nice boxing day tradition."

I smile back again, "I like having traditions, think I might have to make that a tradition for me and Megs as well."

Leo nods, "That would be good, see you later Liv."

"Bye."

I eye James from the other side of the changing rooms.

I wait until the boys have cleared out before walking over, he's finishing up wiping the white board down.

"Hey, so," I start, coming to stand next to him.

"What are you plans for Christmas?" I ask.

James looks my way and smiles, "usually spent it with Henry, probably going to do that again this year, what about you and Megs?".

"I think it will be me and Megs again, we usually go and see her parents on Boxing Day, but I think I might suggest going Christmas day this year, and we can come to the game, of course I'll be there anyway."

James nods, "sounds nice."

We make our way out of the changing rooms and part ways, promising to text or call each other later.

I make my way home and join Megs on the sofa.

"I need help finding a present for James," I sigh.

"Hmm, what sort of thing were you thinking?" Megs replies, dipping Doritos in dip.

"I have no idea; I mean what the hell would I get him."

"Something personalised, he loves you Liv, what about something with your name on, that would be cute."

I nod and grab my phone from my back pocket, searching Google for personalised gifts.

I scroll the selection of gifts and come across a keychain; it pops open to reveal a collection of photos.

"Hey what about something cute like this, I could put some photos of me and James in," I reply, showing Megs my phone.

"That's cute, yeah, you could get that and something else."

"Let me see what else they've got," I reply, screenshotting the keyring and scrolling through the other selection of gifts.

Most of it is personalised jewellery and women's accessories.

I come across a men's silver 'secret message' ring.

"Hey what about like a promise ring? Or this, a secret message ring."

"That's so cute, he would like that, what message would you put?" Megs asks.

"I don't know, maybe just our names?".

Megs nods, "That's sweet, simple but meaningful, do it."

I click on the ring, type in 'Olivia & James' in the personalised message box and add it to the basket.