Chapter 6 - Olivia

I open my eyes as I feel the throbbing in my head. Fuck I hate hangovers.

I glance around me and realise I'm lying on one of the three sofas surrounding the fireplace and coffee table. Megs is sprawled out on the other one and I notice the coffee table littered with 3 bottles of wine and pizza boxes.

Fuck.

Who gets pissed on a Tuesday?

Oh wait I'm a student.

This is normal.

I grab my phone and turn it on. 12% battery. Fuck. 855am. DOUBLE FUCK.

"SHIT MEGS," I shout as I throw myself up, trying to put the nausea at bay and focus my dizzy head.

"W—whhattt Liv," Megs mumbles from the sofa cushion stuffed over her face.

"I have work Megs! IN 5 FUCKING MINUTES," I shout as I run up the stairs to get changed "AND IT TAKES ME 10 MINUTES TO GET THERE!".

"Don't worry Liv, just tell him it was payback for being an arse," Megs shouts painfully as I reach the top stairs and run down the hallway to my room.

I throw on some black jeans and a black knitted sweat and make my way to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and look at the mangled mob of a hair sitting half up half down on my head. I grab my hairbrush and thank the lord for dry shampoo.

Once I've finished putting my hair into a pony I run downstairs and see Megs still lying half-conscious on the sofa.

"This is your fault, if I lose this fucking job, I'm going to kill you Megs," I say as I grab my shoes and stuff my camera and laptop from the kitchen table into my bag.

"You'll be fine Liv," she groans, "go kick some hot boy arse."

I roll my eyes and curse under my breath as I make my way out of the house and down to my car.

When I get in, I check the dash and see that it's 910am. TRIPLE FUCK. Now I'm going to be 20 minutes late to my hour shift.

I plug my phone on charge and realisation hits me that I'm about to drive, incredibly hungover.

Shit.

FUCK.

No job is worth driving with even a small amount of alcohol in my veins.

I sure as hell know that.

I grab my phone and order an uber.

10 minutes later I'm sitting in an uber on my way to the arena. Shit I'm not prepared for his wrath.

We pull up to the arena and I get out. Checking my watch, I observe the time that reads 933am.

Shit I may as well should have called in sick for fuck sake.

I grab my bits and head inside.

If they always practice at 9am, then they're probably on the rink so maybe I could play dumb and pretend I've been here the last 30 minutes and have been mulling around the arena.

Good plan Liv.

As I round the corner, I walk into a solid frame.

SERIOUSLY.

AGAIN.

"Fuck," I mutter under my breath, and I hit the solid wall. Despite my slight intoxication I manage to keep on my feet this time.

I look up and see him glaring at me. Oh shit, he's angry.

"We have to stop meeting like this," I say, trying to lighten the mood.