Chapter 7 - James

God I hate seeing her cry. I've known her less than two days and all I want to do is hug her and force her to tell me all her worries and carry every single on of them for her.

I didn't miss the fact she referred to her sister in past tense. 'She was my sister'.

But from the look on her face, I knew in that moment I would not ask any more. She will tell me if she ever feels the need to.

I'm relieved when she takes up my offer and asks to come back later this afternoon, she looks like she needs to sleep.

I was headed out when I bumped into her and was planning to stop by my office at the station before I come back this afternoon.

As soon as I saw her, I knew something wasn't sitting right. The little minx is hungover.

I knew she was as soon as I saw her dazed look.

I wonder what made her want to drink that much last night.

She doesn't look the type to party into the early hours and judging by how apologetic and worried she was about being late; I get the impression she doesn't deal with being hungover too much.

~~

I show her to my truck, and I make my way out of the arena car park and towards her estate.

I also couldn't help but notice the area she said she lives in as one of the nicest areas of the city. How is she and this Megs house sharing in this area? The houses I've seen around there are million pounds.

Most of the ride is silent apart from when she pipes up and thanks me for the drive every few minutes.

She may have fire inside her, but she also has a heart of gold.

I pull up to the house she points out to me and am instantly taken.

"Just you and Megs live here?" I ask as she gathers her belongings.

"Er...yeah," She replies almost embarrassed.

"I must be in the wrong line of business then, you got some secrets to affording this dream house?" I ask as she smiles at me.

God that smile.

"It's my parents," she replies, "don't worry, I'm not selling drugs to afford this house."

I laugh as I watch her unbuckle herself and step out the truck.

"You know I might have to keep an eye on you little one, don't forget I have the authority to look into your background," I add.

She laughs, "I'm sure you do, don't worry James, I'm abiding by every law in the book," she smirks at me and lord if I don't feel my heart beating in my chest.

She is the most beautiful person I have ever come across.

If there is anyone that can pull off a hungover and post-tearful look, it's her.

"Go, get some sleep, drink plenty of water and take some paracetamol Liv," I say as she closes the door and I wind my window down.

"Trust me that's exactly what I plan on doing," she adds rubbing her face and yawning.

"Here," I unlock my phone and click on the contacts icon, "add yourself in, I will text you this afternoon and if you still don't feel well enough to drive later then let me know and I can come and pick you up," I say.

God, I hope I don't seem like I'm coming on too strong.

"Oh, erm, okay," she takes my phone and taps on the screen then hands me back my phone, "there, thank you, I probably should be okay though but thank you for the offer," she adds.

"I mean it, now go, you'll get cold," I say nodding towards the dream house.

I watch her walk up to the house and let herself in, she gives me a small wave before she closes the door behind herself.

Wow, this girl is something.