Chapter 31 - Olivia

It's been a week since the events of that night and things have shifted between me and James.

He stayed the whole night, and I was able to wake in his arms.

We spent the morning eating pancakes which Megs had made before James left for work.

He reassured me that I wasn't fired, and I thanked him profusely for staying.

For once I've started to feel happy again.

Although James still didn't know the whole story, he had stuck by my side.

I just hoped that he still would, even when he knew the truth.

~~

"Come on Liv, pleaseeeee," Megs begged.

"No, Megs, I don't want a night out, I don't even have anything to wear," I reply, "anyway, I have a game tonight."

"I know but we can go out straight after, come on Liv, we haven't been out in agessss."

I sighed as I bring the sofa cushion in front of me to hug.

"What would I wear?" I ask.

"I can find you something, come on, let's go start getting ready," she responds giddily as she pulls my arm.

"Okay...I will agree to this on one condition," I respond, holding my one finger up to her.

"...Yes Liv, we will go to Peaches and Pears," she replies, rolling her eyes.

"Anddd," I state as I get up from the sofa and raise my eyebrows at Megs.

"And I will buy the first round of Pornstar Martinis," she replies crossing her arms over her chest.

She knows that will get me out.

Can't say no to a Pornstar Martini.

"Deal," I reply.

Megs jumps up and down excitedly as she makes her way to the stairs.

~~

Once I'm happy with my choice of clothing, black of course, we grab our bits and head out to the arena, Megs bought a ticket for the game so we can go out straight after.

I wouldn't admit it to her, but I am actually excited for tonight.

I'm wearing a long sleeve black bodysuit, with a drop back, black ripped jeans, and heels. Although right now it's trainers.

Definitely won't be able to run around the arena in heels.

Lord no.

Megs did my make-up, much to my obligations, and she went full out.

"Megs are you sure this isn't a little over the top," I ask, looking at myself in my visor mirror.

"No, you look fucking hot, thanks to me of course," she replies.

Megs also curled my hair, which now lays bouncily around my shoulders and back.

"You do also realise that I'm going to look a mess by the end of the game," I say as I pull out of the driveway.

Megs eyes me from the side, "a hot mess."

"Fuck sake," I reply, smiling.

~~

I make my way to the changing rooms, once I helped Megs find her seat.

I walk in and greet the boys, James doesn't reply.

Just stares.

Whatever that's about.

Instead of a respectable response from the boys I am greeted by wolf whistles and 'damn's.'