Chapter 64 - Olivia

~Sorry, short chapter~

I wait quietly while James reads the short letter I put together.

He places my laptop down on the coffee table, "seems alright."

"Alright?" I ask.

"What do you want me to say Liv, I'm still not sure about this," he replies.

I shuffle closer to him, "I'm only asking if she wants to reach out to me, she might completely ignore it, but she might also try and get in contact with me, and then I can talk to her."

James lets out a deep breath, I know he's against this, but he won't stop me from doing it, and I know he'd rather be by my side if I do.

"Okay, if you're sure," he replies.

I nod, "yeah, I'll print it out and post it."

I wrote only a short letter, saying that I hope this letter finds her well, I want to reach out to have a discussion, I'm not looking for anything other than a chat, I told her about my job, how I plan on staying in the city after I graduate and how dad sold the house so I'm living with my boyfriend.

I kept no details out, she is one of the reasons I'm in this situation, so I'm prepared to ignore any judgements she may have of me.

"Liv, can I ask you a question," James shifts as I close my laptop.

When I look towards him, he looks uncomfortable.

"Yeah?" I reply hesitantly.

"It's about Ellie," he adds.

I shuffle in my seat, "oh, okay, yeah."

"Was she buried?" James asks and I can hear the concern in his voice, concern he's bringing up bad memories.

I place my hand over his, "yeah, she was, I never go though, it was too much to think about, let alone visit her grave, I know that sounds crazy, it's probably so neglected and overgrown now," I reply.

"I'm sorry for asking, you've just never mentioned it before. Would you like to go at some point?" he asks.

I shrug softly, "I don't know, I guess."

James's lips meet my temple, "sorry I bought it up, I just wondered, shall we go for a walk? Stop for a coffee at Belle's?".

I smile and nod, "yeah, sounds good."

~~

"It feels so weird not seeing you everyday," Megs says from the passenger seat in my car.

"I know, it's so strange, I miss you," I add, pulling into the arena.

"At least I have even more reason to crash practice and games, you AND Con," she smiles.

"Not that that ever stopped you before," I laugh.

"True," she replies, "did you send the letter?".

I park my car and turn to her, "yeah, sent it off yesterday when me and James went for a walk."

"Shit, I can't believe you did that, but I'm proud of you, you got balls girl."

"I really doubt she's going to reach out, yesterday was Sunday so she probably won't receive it for another couple of days, I sent it second class, she ain't worth a first class stamp," I shake my head.

Megs laughs, "no she isn't, anyway, lets go find our men."

"You coming to Saturday's game?" I ask as we exit my car.

"Yeah, I have my date with Con in the morning and then we're coming straight to the game," Megs replies.

"Nice, I'll see you there."

~~

"What do you think so far?" I ask as James flicks through my portfolio. I need to submit it in less than a month.

"Liv, this is incredible," James replies, carefully turning each page.

"Yeah?" I reply.

James looks towards me, "Are you kidding me? These photos are great, there's no doubt you'll pass, and then you can graduate," he smiles.

I smile back, "yeah, and then I can look for a job," I clap.

"Hmm," James replies.

"What?" I frown.

"Nothing," he replies, eyes fixed on the scrapbook.

I narrow my eyes at him, "James, we've talked about this, I contribute nothing towards rent, I hardly have an income as it is, I can't just mooch around doing nothing."

"We'll talk about it nearer the time," he replies.

I roll my eyes, "you are an impossible man, you know that."

James looks towards me and smirks, "yep, but you love me".

I roll my eyes again, "I suppose so."

James leans sideways on the sofa, hands dropping either side of my thighs, caging me in.

"You suppose so? That's not what it felt like this morning when you were suc-".

I crash my lips on his, before pulling back, "don't embarrass me."

James laughs, "embarrass you? There's no one here to be embarrassed in front of, especially not me, and especially seen as it was my cock you had in your mouth."

The heat rises in my cheeks as my mouth opens in shock.

James lifts his hand up, gliding his thumb over my bottom lip and pushing it inside my mouth, "yep, just like that."

"James," I whisper, pulling back.

"I love it when you blush for me," he whispers as he leans closer, kissing me fiercely.