Chapter 66 - James

~This is a sad chapter, it deals with family death and coming to terms with it, please skip if not for you~

"You've been quiet," I whisper against Liv's neck, pulling her hair to the side and placing a kiss.

"I'm fine," she replies quickly, focusing her attention on her laptop in front of her.

I let out a frustrated sigh.

"You've hardly eaten the last couple of days, you haven't slept, you're in your own mind, and I don't like it," I reply, moving my hands to grip her shoulders, my chest flush to her back.

"I said I'm fine," she shrugs, moving off the breakfast bar and heading round to the fridge.

"Olivia," I start.

"James, just drop it," she replies, slamming the fridge shut.

She turns with the orange juice in her hand as I move from around the island, striding towards her.

I continue walking until her back hits the fridge and my arms rest either side of her head.

Her eyes are glassy, somethings bothering her and I am determined to find out.

"No, you don't shut me out Olivia, I've given you a couple of days, I've waited for you to tell me what's bothering you and you haven't, so now I'm asking, tell me what's on your mind."

She keeps her gaze low, "nothing," she whispers, a sob catching in the middle.

I move my hand down, gliding my thumb under her chin, tilting it back towards me, "Olivia," I reply, shaking my head.

A tear drops down her cheek, "that's not nothing Liv," I whisper, wiping away the drop with my thumb.

She shakes her head gently in my hold, "I need to finish my photos."

I move my body forward as hers moves off the fridge, pushing her back.

"No, talk to me, is it about your mum? about what happened on Saturday?" I asks.

She shakes her head as the other tears fall, "no, it's not."

"Then what Liv, you know I hate seeing you cry," I reply, wrapping my arms around her, pulling her to my chest.

She buries her face in my shirt, "It's nothing, it's stupid."

"If it's bothering you Liv, then it isn't stupid," I add.

She breathes in a deep breath, "It's Ellie's birthday on Friday," she whispers.

I tighten my hold.

Why didn't I think to ask when her birthday was?

Of course she'd be upset when it came to it.

"Okay," I reply, pulling back, cupping her cheeks, "I might have an idea."

Her eyebrows pull together in question.

"One last hurdle," I add.

I don't know how this idea will go down, but it's a good shot at helping her move on.

She remains silent, so I continue.

"Let's spend the day with her," I reply.

Her eyebrows furrow even more, "what?".

"I know I'm asking a lot of you, but I think this could be good, and I'll be there with you the whole time," I add.

"What are you trying to say?" Liv asks quietly.