Chapter 65 - James

Walking through the arena, I head up to my office.

I left Liv with Megs and the boys in the changing rooms, I need to grab my bits before we head off for pizza.

I finish up in my office, before heading back down to the changing rooms.

The boys, Megs and Liv are huddled in the corridor when I get down, "ready?" Leo speaks.

"Yep," I reply, tucking Liv under my arm.

We make our way out of the lower level, heading through the corridors.

When we round the corner, I'm distracted from my conversation with Leo when I feel Liv's death grip on my arm.

When I glance down to her, her face is morphed into shock.

We come to a stop as the rest of the boys stop a few steps ahead.

"Liv?" I ask just as Megs speaks loudly.

"You've got to be kidding me."

Megs comes to a stop beside me and Liv, she turns to Liv, grabbing her attention, "seriously? What is it with your parents at the moment?".

I look up, glancing towards the end of the corridor where a woman stands with a handbag hooked on her shoulder, who I can assume after that comment, is potentially Olivia's mother.

She has the same dark hair, and I can see the similar features in her face, even from here.

"Yeah, although I think I bought this upon myself," Liv whispers.

"Who's that?" Connor asks next to Megs.

"Liv's mum."

The boys all glance from between Olivia and the lady.

She hasn't moved from her spot at the end of the corridor, her eyes trained on Liv.

I try and pull Liv closer to me just as she pushes out of my hold and strides forward, a woman on a mission.

"Oh shit," Megs whispers as she jogs to catch up with Liv.

"Fuck," Leo mutters from my side.

Olivia doesn't speak as she approaches her mother, I've never seen such confidence from Liv, but I can tell she's waited for this moment for a long time.

She stops a couple of metres from where her mother hasn't moved, crossing her arms across her chest, she leans on her hip.

I have to hold back the smirk trying to make it's way across my face, I like this fierce Liv.

"Olivia, Megs," her mum greets firmly.

Liv remains quiet.

Megs is the one to fill the silence, "what are you doing here?".

Liv's mum shuffles from foot to foot, "I came to see Liv, I was surprised to receive the letter I got."

Liv lets out a small snigger.

"Is there a reason you are here?" Megs asks.

"Olivia said this was her place of work, I did not know where she was staying so assumed I would find her here, or at least someone to tell me where she would be," she replies.

Liv's silence remains, concerning me slightly.

She doesn't look scared anymore, not like she did with her father, no, I'm more concerned Liv is going to explode right now.

"Is there somewhere we can talk priv-".

"No," Liv states, "why did you leave?".

Wow. Okay.