Chapter 54 - Olivia

Hmm, content, that's how I feel right now, content.

Warmth surrounds me, not too hot, but not too cold.

Just perfect.

Everything is perfect.

I breathe in a deep breath, relishing in this calm.

A sharp pain slices through my chest and my calm inhale hitches.

And as quick as the serenity was given to me, it's taken away.

Now I see a vision.

A vision of Amy, standing in front of me.

The crowds, the arena, the boys.

Her words, the confusion, the anger, the pain.

The rain, the coldness, James.

James.

Amy.

Fiancé.

Together.

The look on his face, those feelings inside of me.

The hurt, the anger.

The betrayal.

The memories from last night are coming back like a bomb being dropped on top of me.

I take in a smaller breath and open my eyes slowly.

I feel like I've been hit by a bus.

My eyes are burning, and my head is pounding, my whole body feels like I ran a marathon.

"Liv. Oh thank god, Liv, you're awake," I hear Megs voice as I glance up towards the direction the sound is coming from.

She appears in front of me. "How are you feeling? Do you need a drink? Do you need any of your medication?" she asks as I bring myself slowly into a half sitting, half lying position propped on my elbow.

"Liv?" She speaks.

"What?" I respond.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"Oh, yeah, fuck my head is killing me," I reply, rubbing my hand over my forehead.

"Here," she hands me some paracetamol and a glass of water.

What's with the shit on the coffee table?

"You scared the shit out of us Liv," Megs says as I down the paracetamol both at the same time.

Why isn't this stuff instant? I wonder squinting at the bright lights glowing around me.

It must be morning or maybe even afternoon I don't know.

"Us?" I add, realising what she just said.

"Yeah," she says, sheepishly as she looks around my head.

I crane my neck around to see James, standing in grey joggers and a black tee with a glass of water in hand.

"Yeah, you gave us quite the scare last night Liv," James adds. Just a little bit too calm for my liking.

I bring myself into a full sitting position, "thanks to you," I say glaring at him, my voice hoarse.

How can he stand there all smug when he was the cause of all this? Does he think I forgot? I didn't bang my head dipshit.

"Right. Yes. So, I take it you remember most of last night," James says, shuffling on his feet.

"Unfortunately, I remember all of it James," I say, crossing my arms across my chest "I appreciate your help last night, but I think you should leave."

"Olivia plea-".