Chapter 12 - Olivia

As I jump in the uber my phone buzzes just as we pull away.

I look at the message from the unsaved number.

"Don't worry about it. Stop apologising so much, I told you that. Good, message me when you're home."

Jesus, he's blunt and fierce.

Hot.

~~

The Uber ride is quick and I make my way through the front door.

As soon as I step foot inside my phone rings in my hand.

"BFF"  lights up the screen with a photo of me and Megs behind it.

I put the phone to my ear as I make my way through to the kitchen, kicking off my shoes as I walk.

"Hey girl, you alright?" I ask her. 

She never phones me when she's with Mark. Too busy...yeah, I'm not thinking about that.

"Yeah, I just wanted to ask how your evening was? Did James bring up this morning?" she asks.

I walk to the fridge and sigh as I notice there's nothing in the fridge, probably why I had planned to grab food on my way home.

Shit.

Why didn't I do that?

Oh yes. My mind was much to occupied.

"It was fine, I managed to get some decent photos."

"Oh good," she mutters as I continue.

"Yeah, went pretty well, until I was a rude bitch to him."

Megs laughs down the phone, "God, what did you do now?" she asks.

"He got all protective and wanted to drive me home again, but I insisted he didn't need to and then yeah basically told him to suck it," I reply, grabbing the leftover tomato pasta from the back of the fridge.

"Jesus, Liv, maybe he was just trying to be nice to you," she adds.

"Yeah I know and I did tell him I was sorry after."

"Okay, well just remember what you said about putting this job first and not him, don't fuck it up Liv," Megs replies.

I huff at her comment and roll my eyes.

"I won't, anyway enough about me, how was work? Also how long has this tomato pasta been in the fridge?" I ask.

"Oh yeah I totally need to tell you what happened today," she starts, I roll my eyes again in preparation for her rant about a coffee shop customer, "-anddd probably like a day or two? I can't remember when I made it, anyway listen up."

I put my phone between my ear and listen to her full on rant about someone who asked for a black coffee and complained when they were given exactly what they asked for.

I put the pasta in the microwave and grab a glass.

I put the phone down on the side, unable to hear Megs, but knowing full well she is still continuing her rage.

I grab my pasta, fork, water and phone and walk to the sofa.

I flick on some Netflix and dig into my pasta, not realising how hungry I was. Megs still in rage mode.

We continue our conversation for a good 30 more minutes and by this time I'm sprawled out on the sofa wrapped in a blanket.

Once Megs shuts up I hang up and chuck my phone on the other sofa.

She can talk for England.

I can feel my eyes starting to drift and let them close.

I'm too cosy right now to move to my cold bed.

Love on Iceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें