Chapter 38 - Olivia

I close the door behind me and see Megs walking from the kitchen.

"Hey, I was just about to text you, I wondered where you were," she says my way.

"Sorry, didn't realise you would be home this early," I reply and she rolls her eyes and shakes her head, "what happened?".

"Mark, he was being an arse so I left early," she replies.

"Oh for fuck sake, what the prick do now?" I ask.

"Nothing don't worry, erm, please tell me you didn't dress in that orange hoodie to go out this morning?" she asks.

"It doesn't look that bad Jesus," I reply pulling the bottom out, "I didn't actually sleep here last night," I reply, waiting for Megs to register.

"Oh, where did you..." she stops.

I turn to her and see her staring at my back, she walks over to me and grabs my shoulder, turning me to face my back to her.

"Why does this say 'coach' on it?" she asks.

What?

Does it?

I didn't even realise.

"What? Does it?" I reply, trying to turn my head like an owl and pulling the hoodie round.

"Yeah, why are you wearing the coach's hoodie? And anyway, why did you not sleep here...OH MY GOD," she screams.

"STOP!" I hold my hand over her mouth, "It's not what you think, I can explain."

"Are you doing a walk of shame?" she replies pulling me into the array of sofas.

"No! Let me explain," I reply.

We sit while I explain every little detail from the last 12 hours, from me needing hoodie, to Tommy's incident, to the hospital, driving James's home, the movie, the sleepover, and breakfast.

"Oh and I think I might have a date on Wednesday," I add.

"What, with who?" Megs asks.

"Who do you think," I reply throwing my hands in the air.

"Oh my god, are you two like a couple or something, you might as well bloody be," she replies.

"No, Megs, no, he's taking things slow and I'm kind of glad for it."

"I can't believe you Livy, sleeping at his house, going for breakfast and now you have a bloody date with the guy! A month ago, you hated his guts," she laughs.

I laugh too.

I did hate his guts.

He made me angry.

Furious in fact.

He's stubborn.

And rude.

Like me.

But he's also so caring.

And kind.

And gives up everything to put me first.

That what I lov...

Nope.

I didn't just think that word.

What I meant to say was, that's what I like about him.

Yep.

Like.

"Megs."

"Yeah?" she replies.

"I saw something in his office, a photo."