Chapter 17 - James

We're 7-2 up and the boys are playing strong.

I've been keeping my gaze between the boys and Liv.

She's been running around like a loony.

She stops in the middle of the stands, and I can't help but stare as she slips her hoodie over her head.

She's wearing an orange top, tight fitting, square neck with thin straps, showing more than enough skin.

Can this woman get anymore beautiful?

She looks directly at me.

Shit.

She knows I was staring, fuck sake.

I smile at her sweetly, trying to ignore the fact I was staring at her stripping.

I look away as I feel the heat rising across my face.

Lord.

For the rest of the final 20, she's been down the front, walking to and from snapping photos of the boys and back up at the crowd.

Her hair has been flicking from around her shoulders back and forth and I can't stop thinking about how stunning she looks.

Buzzer.

The crowd erupts and the boys make their way around the rink, engaging with the crowd.

I step down and make my way back through the corridor towards the changing rooms.

The boys come clambering in and we finish up the night.

I haven't seen Liv, I was hoping to catch her again before she leaves, but she might be tired and have already headed off.

I make my way back through the slowly dispersing crowds and make my way up to my office.

Once I'm inside I set my files and notes down and lay down on my sofa.

Fuck, I'm shattered.

I can still hear the slight crowd chant coming through the window to the rink and laugh to myself.

We do have the best fans.

I lay for a while before I get up to gather my bits.

The boys usually head out for drinks and food after a game, but I rarely join them.

My phone buzzes and I glance at Leo's name lighting up the screen, our team captain.

"Yes Leo," I ask, knowing full well where this is going.

"You coming out coach? We're headed to Joe's Pizza and Beer," he asks.

I could eat.

First social of the season, why not.

"Fine," I mutter as I hear a collective 'yes coach' coming down the phone from the boys.

I hang up the phone and make my way down to the changing rooms to find the boys.

When I walk in, they're finishing up getting dressed and I notice Olivia's bag still hanging on the peg in the corner along with her camera bag.

"Anyone seen Liv?" I ask the boys.

A few of them mutter 'no coach' to me, but my attention is bought to Jimmy, my assistant coach who just walked through the door.

"She's still in the arena coach, just saw her myself," he answers.

I wonder what she's doing still out there, well over 40 minutes since the game finished.

"I'm just going to check on her boys," I state as I make my way through the door to the rink.

I give them a glare as they smirk at me while I walk through.

Pricks.

When I reach the rink I notice Liv, kneeling down snapping photos of the empty stands.

Is she alright?

Has she lost it?