Chapter 16 - Olivia

Once I've left the boys, I head out to the arena corridors and push my way through the hundreds of people around me.

All dressed like giant traffic cones.

I find my way to an open space and start snapping away.

I walk through one of the entrances to the arena and notice how busy and loud it is.

Its electric.

There're so many people here.

I could do with a higher view.

I make my way back through the arena and head to the escalators.

Jogging my way through the people to make sure I don't miss anything; I exit one of the doors and am blown away by how incredible the arena looks from this high up.

I spend most of the first third up here, snapping down on the crowd and players.

I glance at James a couple of times.

He's hot when he's in game mode.

Barking orders and getting angry.

He's glanced around the arena a couple of times, I wonder what he's looking at?

Probably taking in the arena like I have been.

Once the buzzer goes, I make my way back down to the bottom level.

I notice the toilets and run in before the hordes of women make their way to the bathroom.

It took me longer than I expected to get from the top to the bottom of the arena.

Most of the crowd is has now retaken their seats and I make my way down the never-ending steps.

The boys are doing laps and practicing before the buzzer sounds.

I try and snap as many photos as I can as I descend.

Just as I'm about to reach the bottom step, I feel like the floor has been ripped from underneath me.

I gasp and grab hold of the rail.

Thank God I didn't just faceplant or buttplant in front of thousands of spectators.

I let out a giggle to myself and glance straight down to my left, to the team box.

James is standing there, arms crossed over his chest, laughing to himself, at me.

This man must think I'm the clumsiest person on this planet.

Probably because I am.

I can't help but smile as I regain my posture and return to my snapping.

~~

I've spent the second quarter and the break running up and down, and along the stands, snapping photos and talking to the fans who occasionally ask me questions, mostly 'are you the new photographer?' and any conversations where I've asked them if I can take their photo.

The final 20 minutes are in full swing, and wow do I feel tired, and hot.

Shit, I'm hot.

I realise I'm still wearing my hoodie and decide now is probably a good time to join the human traffic cones.

I put my camera between my legs and hike my hoodie over my head.

Just as I finish patting my hair back down, I see James glaring at me from the box.

Does this man ever look elsewhere?

Now I am hot.