Chapter 59 - James

"Dad," Olivia states.

Dad?

What the fuck.

"What are you doing here?" she replies, and I can sense the trembling in her voice.

I move forward, turning her body into mine, I wrap my arms around her.

I'm glad she doesn't push me away this time, her arm moves around my back, and I feel her fist my t-shirt in her hand.

The man pulls a travel bag onto his shoulder.

"I had some business I needed to come home for," he replies, calmly.

"Shall we go inside?" he adds when no one answers.

I hold onto Liv's shaking body, it's cold, but something tells me she's not shaking from temperature right now.

"Well?" he adds again.

"What are you doing here?" Liv repeats.

"I told you, I would have gone inside but you've changed the locks," he shrugs.

Is this dude serious?

He hasn't seen his daughter in two years, and he expects to just walk back into her life like nothing's happened.

"You need to leave," Liv states firmly.

"Can we go inside and talk Olivia? Like I said, I have some business to deal with and some things to discuss with you," he states.

"It's late," I reply, "why don't you come back tomorrow and then maybe you can talk, that is of course if Olivia wants to talk to you."

The mans eyes meet mine, "Who are you?".

"Olivia's boyfriend," I reply, and I feel Liv stiffen slightly in my hold.

"Really? Well, I'm here to talk to my daughter, so if you wouldn't mind leaving along with your posse," he replies.

"Daughter? She's nothing to you anymore arsehole" Megs pipes up.

"Excuse me," he seethes, "If I'm correct, I believe you're living in my house, so I would show some respect."

"Respect," Liv pushes out of my hold.

"Who the fuck are you to demand respect," she shouts, "you can't show up here in the middle of the night and expect a fucking business meeting," she breaths and I notice the anger in her tone along with the breathlessness.

I need to get her inside.

"Watch your language Olivia," her dad replies.

"You have no right coming here, you mean nothing to me," she replies as I move forward to pull her back to me.

"Very well, I was hoping to speak with you peacefully, but clearly not. I came here to tell you I am selling the house; evaluators will be by this week and the property will be placed on the market by the end of next week," he states.

"What? Where the hell are you expecting me to go?" Liv shouts, tears starting to roll down her face.

I pull her tighter to me, leaning down I whisper in her ear, "Liv calm."

"What the hell man?" Connor replies, "where do you expect them to live?"

Olivia's dad shrugs, "I am no longer living here, I wish to let the property go, so you'll have to find somewhere else to live, I'm sorry Olivia, I was hoping for a more formal conversation about this."

He moves to open the taxi door again; I wonder if he planned on leaving as soon as he broke the news to Olivia?

Then again, with what Henry investigated, this man has money, so he probably paid the taxi to linger just it case it went pear shaped.

Love on IceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara