Chapter 63 - Olivia

I step through the coffee shop, glancing around I see Megs waving her hand in my direction.

I weave through the tables towards the booth Megs is perched at.

"Hi," I greet, sitting down opposite.

"Hey, I ordered for you, hope that's alright," she responds.

"Of course it is, I'll get the next round, so tell me," I reply, throwing my coat over my bag.

Megs smiles back at me, "what do you what to know?" she asks.

I roll my eyes, "everything, I have best friend privileges which mean I get all the details."

Megs laughs, "okay, well, he took me to that new Mexican in town-".

"Nice," I interrupt.

"Then we went for a little walk around the gardens, sat by the fountain until we both got cold and then he dropped me off at home," she finishes.

"Home? Mine or your parents?" I ask.

Megs cringes, "my parents, I knew you weren't at home so I went back to mine and tried to sneak out without noticing, but mum had the front door open by the time Con had even parked his car."

"Oh god," I reply.

We pause for a moment, letting the waitress place our coffees and cakes on the table.

"Did they know you had a date?" I ask.

Megs sips her coffee then replies, "yeah, I told them, mum was nervous but she got over it, dad, well, he was on the dark side."

"Of course he will be Megs, especially after what happened with Mark," I reply.

"I know, but I introduced him to Con, mum invited him in for a drink, it was a little awkward but after him and my dad started talking about hockey, the conversation got flowing and it turned out alright in the end," Megs finishes.

"Good, so is there going to be a second date?" I smile.

"Yeah, next Saturday," Megs beams.

"I'm happy for you Megs," I reply just as my phone starts buzzing.

"Hold on," I add.

I fish for my phone in my bag and when I find it, its not my favourite person.

"It's the estate agent," I speak, looking towards Megs.

I push the answer and place it to my ear, "Hello."

I mutter a few responses, keeping the conversation short before finishing and placing the phone on the table.

"Another viewing?" Megs asks.

I shake my head, "no, the couple yesterday put down a deposit."

Megs shoulders slump, "shit, it's really happening."

"Yeah," I reply.

Megs hand reaches across the table and takes mine, "hey, come on, we knew this was happening, what's done is done, now lets eat."

I nod, "let me just text James."

Megs digs into her muffin as I type out a quick text to James, "Hey, just had a call, the couple from yesterday placed a deposit."

Bubbles appear before I even have a chance to place my phone back down.

"You alright?".

"Yeah I'm good, with Megs having coffee, takeaway and movie tonight?".

"Sounds good, love you."