Chapter 32 - James

We're sitting in Joe's Pizza and Beer.

It's late, very late.

"Anyone for a club?" Connor shouts.

"You just want to get in Megs knickers," Leo adds, downing the rest of his beer.

Connor smirks, "can you blame me, she's hot," he replies as he pulls out his phone.

Leo rolls his eyes.

Connor puts his phone to his ear, "let's see where our ladies are at, shall we," he adds.

"Megs?" he replies a few seconds later, "Megs I can't hear you."

"That's better, where you at, some of us are going to come into town," he adds, "okay, cool, stay there we will come to you."

He puts the phone down, "they're at Club 52," he adds, "who's coming?" he looks around to the boys.

Leo, Sam, Ben and Mikey all agree while the rest call it a night.

Leo looks to me, "coach? You in?" he asks.

"I'm sure Liv would enjoy it," Connor adds.

Prick.

"Shut your mouth Con, I'm coming for a drink and for the drink only," I add as I grab my jacket.

"Yeah, sure, nothing to do with the pretty brunette who happens to be there already," Connor adds.

"Connor, I will make your life a living hell if you don't shut up," I reply, "might even bench you if you really piss me off," I smirk at him.

He looks genuinely concerned, "you wouldn't coach," he adds hesitantly.

I laugh as I make my way towards him, "keep talking and you'll find out," I reply.

We make our way out of Joe's and start the 10-minute walk into town.

It's Saturday so it's full of party goers and already late so full of drunk party goers.

~~

We make our way into the club.

"Right, Megs said they're at the bar," Connor shouts as he looks up from his phone.

We make our way towards the bar where I see Megs and Liv.

And two other guys, hovering above them.

Liv has her back to me and Megs sits opposite her.

"Oh," Connor starts as he looks towards me.

"Don't," I cut him off before he can make any more fucking comments.

We make our way to the girls just as the one standing by Liv leans down to her ear, pushing her hair off her shoulder and whispering close to her neck.

I feel the anger raging in me.

Fucking touch her again.

"Girls," Connor announces loudly as we approach them.

They all turn and face us; the men's smiles drop off their faces.

"Don't worry gentlemen," the man next to Liv speaks, "we've got these girls pretty tied up here, jog on," he replies.

Well if that hasn't fuelled the fire raging inside of me.

Connor laughs out loud, "yeah, right, I think it's you boys that need to jog on," he replies.

The man next to Megs moves towards Connor, slightly towering over him and squaring his shoulders.

Megs moves up from her seat, "woah there boys, lets take it down a notch okay," she says as she moves between Connor and the man standing in front of him.

"We did say we were meeting some people," Megs says towards the men, "sorry."

The grab their jackets and start walking away.

The one next to Liv leans down towards her, "have a good night beautiful, hopefully I will see you around soon," he replies, before going to plant a kiss on her cheek.

Thankfully, she pulls away and pushes his chest.

She ducks under his arm, "yeah, no, thanks though," she replies as she jogs a few steps towards me.

The flames inside of me subside when she comes to stand in front of me and the men walk away.

"Come on, let's get drinks," Sam adds as they shuffle back towards the bar.

"You came?" Liv asks as she smiles up to me.

She's shuffling like a giddy little kid, and I can't help but smile to her.

She's definitely had a drink.

"Yeah, is that alright?" I reply.

The music picks up.

"Yeah of course, I just didn't expect you to want to come," she adds.

"I wanted to," I reply as I lean down to her ear so she can hear me over the music, "I wanted to see you."

I move back and look at her expression, she has her bottom lip tucked under the teeth.

Fuck.

"Liv!" Megs shouting snaps us from our trance, "come on, your drinks here," she gestures towards Liv.

We both make our way towards the bar.

I can't help but place my hand on Liv's back.