-9-

We were running through the trees altogether, barely even having a conversation. We were already quite close to the village we were supposed to go to, the thing was, Tsunade said he would be near the village, she didn't say he would be in it. This could make the job more tricky, unless he came to us....

     I was confident that we could take him down. I didn't even think I would need back up, but I did tell them I would bring them on one of my missions some day, so this was a perfect opportunity. Plus, I can't be a lone wolf forever.

As we were just minutes away from the village, I stopped and crouched down on a branch. The two boys noticed and came to my side while raising a brow.

Sasuke: why did you stop?

Me: shh.

Naruto: huh?

Me: chakra....someone else is here. So let me focus.

Naruto: well okay.

I closed my eyes and tried to pinpoint on where I was feeling this chakra from, but I couldn't, until something was thrown towards us and I felt it coming...

Me: down!

They just have felt something coming as well since they were already beginning to duck as i yelled.

Me: looks like he found us first.

Sasuke: seems like it. So what's the plan?

Me: I don't do plans.

I jumped down from the tree and ran towards where the weapon had came from, and sure enough, there stood the rogue ninja.

The two boys took my side, one on each side, and took a fighting stance. While they were talking to each other about god knows what, I had already began to run at him to fight.

I took my kunai knives out along with my ninja stars just holding them in between my fingers just in case.

Naruto: y/n be careful!

Sasuke: she's fine.

The combat began, one jutsu to another, one fist colliding with another. I could block and copy his moves like it was nothing, it seemed to aggravate him enough to get a cheap shot to my knee than a punch to the gut sending me flying.

I didn't hit the ground though, instead I was caught in Sasukes arms.....it was odd. I was perfectly fine so why would he catch me? It's like the time where he asked if I trusted him....

Sasuke: you alright?

Me: this is nothing. I'm fine.

I got back to my feet making sure I was still holding on to my weapons, and I was thankfully. I sprinted towards him, this time using a different jutsu he wouldn't know, I believed that anyways.

Quite thankful my knee isn't dislocated, that was close.

Me: shadow clone Jutsu...

I made 5 of my clones and let them attack him, while I jumped up in the air sending up weapons towards him. Out of all 8, 4 managed to hit him and he dodged the other four.

I landed back on my feet and stood back with the boys, seeing as my clones were now gone. Perished into nothing like they are.

Sasuke: at least you got him.

Naruto: can we help?

Me: I never said you couldn't help. I brought you here didn't I? So do something.

Naruto: right!

Sasuke: yes ma'am.

Then, it was all three of us attacking at once. You'd think it'd be easier, but it really wasn't. Whoever this rogue ninja was, was one strong man.