-41-

Naruto had left the office and I followed after him. The others tried to stop him, but Tsunade told them to let him go, but I couldn't let him go alone.

     I caught up with him and walked along side of him. There was no joy in his eyes. No smile on his face anymore.

Me: naruto.....I can imagine what you're going through-

Naruto: no, you really can't y/n.

Me: I'm really sorry-

Naruto: stop saying that!

Me: I'm your friend naruto! I'm trying to help! Look.....I don't know how to comfort people. I only had my father to comfort me and that was in silence as he held me as I cried and cried for days. I lost my mother naruto.....I know what you're going through.

Naruto: you....lost your mom?

Me: I know how it feels to lose someone who you held so close to you....so close to your heart.

Naruto: I'm sorry....

Me: you don't have to be....but if you want me to comfort you I will. Even if it's in silence and you crying on my shoulder. I don't care, but let me be a good friend. Let me try.

Naruto: I just wanna go home.

Me: then I'm coming with. I will not let you be alone right now.....it's the worse feeling with grief.......you can tell me memories and anything you want, or we can be silent. Anything you want.

     He only nodded as he began to softly cry. I seen the tears slowly brim and fall down his cheeks.

     As we walked, I held his hand and led him in a different way. I decided to go to my place instead and he didn't say anything about me changing the direction. He must've known the way by now to my place anyways.

     We got to my place and we got inside. We both slipped our shoes off and headed up the stairs and down to my bedroom. We sat beside each other and he rested his head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and held him close. I brought him into a side hug and rested my head atop of his. I just let him cry as we sat in silence.

     If silence is what he wanted, then silence is what he would get. But silence didn't last for long since I heard knocking at my bedroom window. I looked over and saw Sai there. I gave him a nod and he opened up the window and came inside.

Me: what is it Sai?

Sai: your father and I got told to leave the office, but we have one of the sixth bodies of pain.

Me: really?

Sai: yes. Tsunade wants you to come see it so you know what he looks like.

Me: now?

Sai: whenever you're able to. Shizune, Sakura, and Tsunade want to study it.

Me: thank you Sai, but do you mind leaving?

Sai: of course. I'll see you later.

Me: hey....if I miss my shift-

Sai: I understand. Goodbye y/n.

Me: cya.

     He gave me a small smile before leaving out the window. Now it was back to being silent. I could feel the grief and sadness radiating off of him. I couldn't even imagine what Tsunade is feeling. She had known him for all her life basically, she lost someone she cared about...someone she loved. I wanted to check up on her as well, she was my master after all and I wanted to comfort her as well, but I couldn't.

She's the type who'd want to be alone anyhow.

Me: hey naruto-

Naruto: I'm gonna go home.

Me: huh?

Naruto: it's gonna get late soon and I don't want to bother you anymore.

Me: don't talk like that. I was gonna say you'll have to eat some time soon. It's like dinner time.

Naruto: not hungry.

Me: alright....well, you're not leaving here.

Naruto: huh?

Me: you're gonna stay here with me. Jiraiya.... Was someone who you admired. He will always watch over you, he still is. He would want you to become yourself and not cry and be sad. So let me help you get back to being yourself. Let me take care of you and boost you back up.

Naruto: you think he's still there.... With me?

Me: you were his student, his pupil. Of course he is.

Naruto: thanks.....you sure I can stay?

Me: of course. Dad and I don't care, we're here to help.

Naruto: thanks.....but, do you have anything I can wear?

Me: I'll be back.

     I slid off the bed and left the room. I went into my fathers room to steal a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

     I then entered back inside my room and handed Naruto the clothes. He headed inside the bathroom connected to my room. I took the opportunity to quickly change into a pair of baggy pants and tank top before naruto came back out.

Naruto: you sure I can sleep in the same bed?

Me: yeah....it's alright. Don't worry about it.

     We both then got into the bed and under the covers. I laid close to naruto as our faces were facing each other. He had his eyes closed and I soon closed mine as well once I was comfortable in the bed.

     It wasn't long until I had fallen asleep.

Kakashis pov

     I had gotten home pretty late and the house was quiet, no surprise there.

     I assumed that y/n had stayed with naruto and didn't go out with Sai tonight for her shift. But Sai was a good kid and would understand of course.

     As I walked up the stairs, I heard snoring from her room. I made my way down the hallways and stopped in her doorway seeing her and naruto peacefully sleeping. It made me smile seeing them together, true friends.

     I quietly closed the bedroom door and headed down to my own room. I assumed y/n had taken a pair of my clothing for naruto to wear, she did the same thing with Sasuke before. I hope he comes back soon, y/n will be hurt again if he had missed her birthday that was coming up soon. He missed last years because he left, she would be bummed if it were to happen again this year for her eighteenth birthday.

     I sighed as I changed into a pair of pyjamas and slid into bed. I had an early morning ahead of me and needed as much sleep as possible. The akatsuki thing was becoming even more bigger now that we had a code from jiraiya along with a body of the sixth paths of pain. There was definitely a journey ahead of us.

—————

First chapter of a Dazai fanfic is being published!!!!