-35-

Sasuke and I were outside in the backyard just laying down on the grass, looking up at the clouds. I hadn't done cloud watching in awhile and Sasuke had never done it, so I had to show him the relaxing experience of cloud watching.

Sasuke: didn't you want to practice with Tsunade today?

Me: Mhm, but it can be held off for now. It's not like I need the practice anymore.

Sasuke: I'd like to see what you got.

Me: I'm not destroying my backyard sasuke, but for your information, I'm going to be her successor.

Sasuke: you best Sakura then?

Me: I beat her, but she's also really good. She's very determined I noticed, we have a friendly competition going now. We're gonna kick ass together some day.

Sasuke: seems like you two could be best friends.

Me: hm, maybe so. I would like to get closer to her, but we drift here and there. I should actually get to practice with her too.

Sasuke: well isn't that nice of you.

Me: guess I've grown a soft spot for these people in konoha.

Sasuke: I guess so....does Sakura still like me?

Me: I believe she was actually in love with you, but I'm not sure how she feels anymore. She doesn't talk much about her interests, but I also don't talk to her too often. I'm mainly stuck with your stupid ass.

Sasuke: I'm not keeping you here.

Me: yea I know, which is why today I will be going out.

Sasuke: hm? You already said you weren't training today.

Me: yea, but I have friends ya know.

Sasuke: hm I see.

Me: you have friends here now too it seems like. Suigetsu seems fun.

Sasuke: he's alright.

Me: I think you should reconnect with naruto..... that bond you two had was important.

Sasuke: No it wasn't.

Me: yes it was. Don't try to deny it Sasuke. You two were destined to be best friends who stick by each other's side. You screwed up before, here's your chance to change that for good.

Sasuke: if I say yes will it shut you up?

Me: I'm being serious Sasuke.

Sasuke: so am I y/n.

Me: tch. I'll be leaving now....just think about seeing naruto.

Sasuke: are you hanging with him today.

Me: no, I'm going out to see kiba, Sai, and maybe neji and tenten. Whoever I find. Choji, Ino, and shikamaru have been out on a mission.

Sasuke: hm.

Me: cya later. Alright?

Sasuke: yea.

     I kissed his forehead before standing up and then my dad came out to the backyard.....he looked upset.

Me: dad....is everything alright?

Kakashi: I think you should sit down...something happened.

Me: oh no.

Kakashi: the squads sent out have returned....The ones looking for the akatuski.

Me: don't you say-

Kakashi: asuma was killed.