-14-

When we got to the hospital, we were all examined to make sure we were alright. Naruto had very serious injuries, but thankfully they weren't life threatening.

Me: dad, can I go find Tsunade.

Kakashi: how come?

Me: I wanna go see how the others are. I guess you could say I've gone soft.

Kakashi: it's okay to have friends. You haven't gone soft.

Me: I feel like it, but anyhow, I'll be back soon.

Kakashi: I'm heading out as well.

I left narutos room and my dad just disappeared like the cool jonin he is. I ended up leaving sasukes headband in the room as well. I then managed to bump into the shikamaru in the hallway.

Shikamaru: how's naruto?

Me: he's alright. He's gonna be just fine, he's awake if you wanna go see him.

Shikamaru: I will. How are you? I heard you were there.

Me: I'm perfectly okay. To be honest, I felt so useless during that fight. I didn't do anything.

Shikamaru: I know how that feels.

Sakura: hey you guys.

Tsunade: he's awake?

Me: yea. Am I allowed to visit the others?

Tsunade: yes. They're all doing well. You can't visit choji though, Ino is waiting outside with his father if you'd like.

Me: it's okay, I'll go check on kiba and neji.

Sakura: cya.

Me: alright, go help cheer up naruto. I honestly don't know how to since I'm as close to him as you guys are.

Shikamaru: you can count on us.

Sakura: we got this.

Me: alright.

I walked passed them as they went in to enter the room together. I just walked down the halls until I had found kibas room. I knocked on the door thrice before entering inside.

Me: can I come in?

Kiba: oh, hey. Sure.

Me: I know we dont really know each other, but why don't we give it a shot?

Kiba: sure.

Me: so, how are ya?

I ended up taking a seat on his bed near the end of it. I saw the pup was sleeping on a pillow on the ground.

Poor little guy.

Kiba: definitely hurt. I thought I was gonna die.

Me: I'm glad ya didn't. Today really seemed messed up. So, what even happened?

Kiba: as we were following Sasuke, some of orochimarus ninja came after us. We each fought one and I guess rock Lee took over for naruto by the sounds of it.

Me: yea, I seen the sand ninja showed up to help. I ended up meeting gaara.

Kiba: yea, they did. That's how I managed to live.

Me: they seem like they're good people, well, now they are at least.

Kiba: yea.

Me: so, how's the little pup.

Kiba: he's pretty hurt and won't be going for walks any time soon.

Me: poor guy, he's really cute.

Kiba: so you said the first time we ever met. His names akamaru by the way.