-37-

The next day had come along which meant I had to get out of bed today and go out. That's what I said I'd do anyways, so I have to stick to my word. I couldn't just keep moping around in bed. My brain would start to hurt if I kept thinking on.

I sat up and stretched before getting out of bed. I made my way over to my closet and began to scavenge through my clothes until I found what I wanted to wear.

Once I was changed, I left the closet and seen Sasuke wasn't there. His presence wasn't even in the house. That's when I noticed the note left on the bedside table.

     I made my way over and picked up the note to read it. It was short and simple.

Hey y/n. I have left on a mission, a personal one. I should be back within a few days so don't worry about me leaving again. I got a lead from a certain someone on where itachi may be. I'm going to settle this for once and for all. I shall see you soon.

Love,
Sasuke.

     I placed the note back down and quickly ran to get my shoes on and left the house. I ran through the village and ignored everyone who was trying to get my attention. My friends yelled at me since my face was flooded with worry, but I had no time to stop and answer questions.

When did Sasuke even leave?!

How did I not notice....

Itachi could kill him. He should know that....

     I arrived at the hokages office and barged inside, sending shizune flying back a little.

Me: lady Tsunade!

Tsunade: y/n? Are you alright? Can't you see I'm busy though?!

Kakashi: hey kid....I'm back.

Me: hi, and I don't care. Sasuke left again.

Tsunade: huh?

Me: he went to find itachi.....he's gonna get himself killed.

Tsunade: oh boy.....he's a runaway that's for sure.

Kakashi: when did he leave?

Me: I don't know.

Kakashi: you don't know?

Me: he must've left when I was asleep. I only noticed this morning and he left a note saying he went to go kill itachi and he would return soon.

Kakashi: that's if he can kill itachi.

Me: that's my point! I don't know if he can....what if he gets killed.

Tsunade: kakashi....get a team ready to head out and find sasuke. Looks like the retrieval team is back.

Me: do we really need a whole team? Just let me go!

Tsunade: he's going against itachi, an akatsuki member. This battle could get ugly and dirty real fast. It's better off to have back up.

Me: alright, fine.

Kakashi: let's go get ourselves a team y/n.

Me: right.

Tsunade: take as many shinobi as you'd like. We're heading into a battle field after all.

Kakashi: right.

Shizune: you can't take everyone though-

Tsunade: shizune butt out!

Shizune: sorry m'lady!

Kakashi: let's go then.

     My father and I sprung out of the office and gathered up a team separately and met up at the gates. I grabbed Sai, naruto, and Sakura. My dad got hinata, shinso, Yamato, and kiba with Akamaru.