-27-

I ran through the trees only for a few moments before skidding on my heels to turn myself to the side. I ran a little more until I seen the ninja with neji on the other side, he was approaching as I was. Just as planned.

     Neji and I were just looking at each other and he sent a nod, that was the cue. I charged forwards putting kunais in between all my fingers.

Me: shadow clone jutsu!

     Making five other me's pop up seemed to throw the target off guard. I- or we- launched all the kunais at him at once. It would be a good distraction for him to try and dodge while neji would come up behind him, jump infront and then use gentle fist.

     As the rogue ninja attempted to block my kunai, out of all 36 thrown, he got hit with 12 in the arms, legs, and on his torso. He was quick I'd give him that, but he wasn't quick enough. Nor was he that smart since neji landed his gentle fist on him, sending him straight down. I was surprised he was still alive, but we weren't told to kill him anyhow.

Me: neji, is he out cold?

Neji: hm. I think so. His chakra network is screwed now anyhow, he's useless. Especially with all those kunai.

Me: alright. Let's take him in then. He doesn't seem to have any village headband on him, probably a smart move.

Neji: indeed it is, especially if you're attacking your own village.

Me: let's take this asshole in.

Neji: alright. Let's go, you're helping me drag him in.

Me: aww can't do it yourself.

Neji: tch. I can too.

Me: relax, I was gonna help anyways.

     We each lifted up one arm, placing it over our shoulders, then began walking. If he were to awaken, we may be screwed depending on how good his taijutsu was. Or if he had any secret jutsu, but and again, his chakra network is completely down. Well, I hope so anyways.

—————

     Neji and I walked out of the leaders office and were heading to where we were staying to retrieve out things. Turns out my theory was right, it was someone from the village just trying to cause havoc. For what reason? We don't know that, but they're going to find out themselves. Our mission was over here and now we're to head back home to the hidden leaf.

     We carried our stuff throughout the village waving goodbye to the people since they knew of our victory for them. I was surprised seeing so many people knew, also on how light my stuff felt again. It only felt heavy since I was carrying it for a good while, but not anymore, for now at least.

     Travelling was always the annoying part when on a mission. I enjoyed seeing the sights and the nature of it all, it was just that sometimes it could take so long to get back. When heading towards the the village, if felt like a breeze, but heading back always felt like the opposite. It was quite weird on how it worked like that.

     I really shouldn't complain too much since this a short travelling distance to what I've done before. I've travelled for three days before, one way. Not both. So this wasn't even too bad, yet here I was wanting to complain my ass off for no reason. I was probably just tired....or hungry..... maybe both. I didn't really feel like those things, but half the time I don't until I literally pass out or began to feel like I'm dying of starvation. I usually just get too focused that I forget that I do need to eat and sleep. It wouldn't be my first rodeo if it happened again.