-49-

3RD POV.

Sakura was sitting on a pile of rubble near y/ns body. She was up higher than the actual scenery with neji, tenten, guy, rock Lee, and hinata. They weren't quite sure what to exactly do. 

She had to leave seeing your there, lifeless. It hurt her, a lot. It felt like she was being sliced in the heart right now. She lost her student sibling. Her friend. Her partner.

Sakura had been through quite a bit to be honest. She wasn't sure how she could bare such pain, but it's part of being a shinobi. She just couldn't come to terms with it yet.

"Sakura" a man's voice was heard and Sakura quickly looked up from where she sat. Sasuke stood there, dumbfounded. Everyone else was just letting her deal with that situation.

"Sasuke.....I-" it was hard for Sakura to find the right words. She knew what she had to tell him, but she didn't know if she could.

"What happened"

"Pain happened, he destroyed the village"

"Where's kakashi?"

"He's dead.....he died in battle like the warrior he is- or...was"

"What about-"

"Sasuke....y/n told me to tell you that she loves you. They were her last words" Sakura said as she looked down again. Tears were falling from her eyes once again. "Tsunade said she'd tell you but I guess you found me first"

"S-she's- no. Don't lie to me sakura"

"I-I'm so sorry"

"They weren't supposed to touch her......I told them not to!"

"They're the akatsuki sauske! What do you expect?!" Sakura said, lifting her head up once again. She couldn't believe Sasuke would believe their words.

"Where is she"

"Down in the giant pit near where naruto is fighting pain. I wouldn't recommend going there though. It's not a pretty sight to see"

But Sasuke didn't listen. He ran down the hill and towards your body. He stood there staring down at you before dropping to his knees. He couldn't believe it, even if he was seeing it, it didn't feel real. He propped you up a little and held you close to him as he felt like crying. Tears threatened to fall and he let them. He let them fall down his cheeks and he allowed himself to feel.

"I love you too" Sasuke said before kissing the top of your head and placing you back down. His next thoughts were to find itachi. He needed to see brother so that's where he headed to; the evacuation sight. He quickly wiped his face before heading out.

Sasuke eventually did find itachi where everyone else was, safe and alive. He gritted his teeth thinking how useless people got to live and his woman died. Even if it was her fighting in battle being a shinobi, she died. Y/n was supposed to live in his books and make it past all of this. Perhaps he should have taken her with him, it crossed his mind after all, but he believed Madaras word that she would be left untouched. How much of a fool he was. He was betrayed by the akatsuki.

"Itachi"

"Sasuke....what's the matter"

"S-she's gone" he said and a tear slipped down his cheek. Itachi walked off with Sasuke a little to an area where there weren't so many people.

Sasuke dropped down to his knees and placed his hands upon his thighs as he looked down.

"What do you mean Sasuke?"

"Y/n.....she's dead"

"What?" Itachi was shocked. He felt pain in his chest seeing his little brother so hurt.