Chapter 9: The First Challenge

(Two Days Later)

Y/N's POV

So it's been two days since the Hydro-Man surfaced and I haven't been able to find him. He's my first big challenge as Spider-Man and I know I have to find him and stop him.

Right now I'm just web swinging around hoping Hydro-Man shows his face anywhere.

As I'm swinging I hear an alarm and I web swing towards it and see that it's the alarm to a jewelry store.

I land on the ground and my spider sense goes off and I turn around and water comes at me and it hits me and I go flying inside.

Y/N: Ow! That really hurt.

Then I look up and see Hydro-Man walk inside.

Hydro-Man: I knew just enough damage you'd come crawling.

He laughs.

Hydro-Man: Pun intended.

Y/N: Yeah well maybe you shouldn't have.

Hydro-Man: We'll see.

Then I jump at him but I go through him. Then I roll on the ground and he shouts water at me and I crash outside into a car.

Hydro-Man: A hero, huh? You don't look like much. After I take you down, I'm gonna take this city over and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

Knowing that there isn't much I can, I web the fire extinguisher and pull it and the water hits Hydro-Man and the water goes into the sewer.

Then I web swing and go back to my apartment.

(Twenty Minutes Later)

So I'm now at home in my normal clothes and I walk up the stairs and see Liz hanging a poster on her door.

Y/N: Hey Liz.

She turns around and faces me.

Liz: Oh hey Y/N.

Y/N: Hi.

Then I walk past her but I can't help but feel something's wrong so I turn around to her.

Y/N: Are you okay?

Liz: Oh uh no...It's nothing, I'm alright.

Y/N: Are you sure? We can talk about it if you want.

Liz: I'm sure.

Y/N: Okay.

Then I turn around and start to walk to my apartment door.

Liz: Greg left.

I stop and turn around to her.

Y/N: What?

Liz: Greg..he uh finally left.

Y/N: Wow...I'm sorry.

Liz: No your not.

I chuckle.

Y/N: No I'm not. Sorry but was a massive dick.

Liz: I know.

Y/N: So, how's Ben?

Liz: Sad..you know Greg was a lot of things but he was his father.

Y/N: Yeah. I know what it's like to lose a father.

Liz: Well it was good seeing you Y/N. I never see you anymore.

Y/N: Oh you know busy.

Liz: Yeah. Well hey, anytime you wanna stop over for dinner, me and Ben could use the company.