Chapter 24: Meeting The Team

Tony's POV

After installing the arc reactor and lighting up the new Stark tower I head back to be with Pepper.

But we get interrupted by Coulson who comes in asking for my help with finding the Tesseract.

He also shows me the Avengers initiative, which I didn't even qualify for.

I then call Pepper over to me.

Pepper: So, what is all this?

Tony: Well, it's this.

I open up the file on the S.H.I.E.L.D tablet. And it shows images and videos of the members being recrited for the initiative. Y/N L/N a.k.a The Ultimate Spider-Man, Steve Rogers a.k.a Captain America, Bruce Banner a.k.a Hulk and Thor.

We see video of Captain Rogers fighting in WW2, Thor fighting a giant robot, Ultimate Spider-Man fighting a man named Kingpin on the rosemary bridge, Hulk smashing up cars and fighting tanks.

Pepper: You have homework.

Tony: What if I didn't?

Pepper: You mean when your finished?

Tony: What if I don't have any of this?

Pepper then whispers in my ear that I'd rather not say.

Tony: You got it. Have a safe flight.

Pepper kisses me on the lips.

Pepper: Work hard.

She then walks off with Coulson so she can go to D.C.

I then pick a virtual image of the Tesseract and I wonder exactly why S.H.I.E.L.D. wants it so badly.

(The Next Day)

Y/N's POV

So I've just exited the Quinjet which picked me up and I see that I'm on a helicarrier.

Y/N: Whoa. This is so cool.

Then I start walking until I bump into someone.

I see it's a woman.

???: Who are you?

Y/N: Did Fury not tell anyone about me?

I look around and then back at the woman.

Y/N: I'm Y/N L/N.

I hold my hand out but she doesn't shake it.

???: Natasha. You must be the ultimate Spider-Man.

Y/N: Are you a villain?

She chuckles.

Natasha: What?

Y/N: Well it's just I don't really just give out my identity to anyone. Kinda ruins the purpose of wearing a mask.

Natasha: That doesn't make sense.

Y/N: What?

Natasha: You asked if I was a villain and then you proceed to tell me you don't give out your identity to just anyone. Your literally telling me that your Spider-Man.

Y/N: What? No, no, I didn't.

Natasha: You see and now you can't even me a straight answer without tensing up which if I was someone who didn't know who you were would know that your who you say your not when really you are.

Y/N: Well...It's....Yes, I'm Spider-Man.

Natasha: See that wasn't so hard. Follow me, L/N.

She starts walking and I follow her.