Chapter 80: Attitude Change

(The Next Day)

Y/N's POV

So it's the next day and I've just woken up and see Wanda laying next to me.

I get out of bed and go into the bathroom and splash water on my face.

Then I head out and in the corner of my eyes I see Tony sitting on the couch.

Y/N: Jesus Tony. What the hell are you doing?

Tony: Morning. I brought donuts.

Y/N: How'd you get in here?

Tony: The door was wide open. And I have a key. Considering I helped to fix your apartment after what happened.

Y/N: Oh, right. Well what are you doing here?

Tony: Well a little birdy told me you've been acting different.

Y/N: You talked to Cole?

Tony stands up.

Tony: Of course I talked to Cole. You kept it didn't you? The symbiote.

I scoff and go over the fridge and grab a can of soda.

Then I go to the counter and look at Tony.

Tony: You did, didn't you?

Y/N: So what if I did? Huh?

Tony: Jesus, Y/N. Didn't you listen to everything I said about it? That thing changes you.

Y/N: I haven't changed.

Wanda: Y/N, I'm gonna take a shower.

Tony and I turn to see Wanda wearing my shirt.

Y/N: Go ahead. Uh, you gotta really turn the hot water nozzle. It gets stuck.

Wanda: All right.

Wanda then goes into the bathroom.

I turn back to Tony.

Tony: Haven't changed huh?

Y/N: Tony, god. The suit makes me better, stronger, faster than I've ever been.

Tony: But it still changes you.

Y/N: How have I changed? Because I slept with Wanda? She's a nice girl who doesn't use me and then when she's done with me throws me away.

Tony: This is about Felicia?

I walk around the corner and stand in front of Tony.

Y/N: No, it's not about her. I did one thing for me. I kept the suit. So what? I've doing shit for this world for the last five years and I've never even gotten a thank you. So for once I just did what I wanted for myself. Is that so wrong?

Tony: The old Y/N. The guy I know. Would never ever even think for a second that being a hero was about being granted a thank you.

After a moment or so, Tony speaks up.

Tony: I'm not gonna take the suit from you.

Y/N: You're not?

Tony: Of course I'm not. You're a grown man, you can make your own decisions. But for the love of god, Y/N. Don't let it control you. Don't let it turn you into something you're not. Get it under control.

Y/N: I will.

Tony: You promise?

Y/N: Yeah. Yeah, I promise.

Tony: Good now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting to go to. Give Wanda my best.

Tony then walks out of the apartment and closes the door.