Chapter 28: Loki's Plan

Natasha's POV

I walk into the room where Loki is currently at in the cell.

Loki: There's not many who can sneak up on me.

Loki turns around and he faces me.

Natasha: But you figured I'd come.

Loki: After....After whatever tortures, Fury can concoct, you come as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate.

Natasha: I want to know what you've done to Agent Barton.

Loki: I would say I've expanded his mind.

I started to walk closer.

Natasha: And once you've won, once your king of the mountain, what happens to his mind?

Loki: Oh....is this love, Agent Romanoff?

Natasha: Love is for children. I owe him a debt.

Loki: Tell me.

I then tells Loki how I have a very specific skill set and Clint was sent to kill me but he instead brought me to S.H.I.E.L.D. and now I want to wipe the slate clean.

Loki: And what will you do if I vow to spare him?

Natasha: Not let you out.

Loki: No, but I like this. Your world hanging in the balance, and you bargain for one man.

Natasha: Regimes fall everyday. I tend not to weep over that. I'm Russian. Or at least I was.

Loki: And what are now?

Natasha: It's really not that complicated. I got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out.

Loki: Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Dreykov's daughter, São Paulo, the hospital fire? Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's gushing red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything?

Loki gets closer to the glass.

Loki: This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer. Pathetic! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are apart of you. And they will never go away.

Loki slams on the glass door and I back up.

Loki: I won't touch Barton, not until I make him you. Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear. And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull.

I turn away from Loki.

Loki: This is my bargain, you mewling quim.

Natasha: Your a monster.

Loki: (Chuckles) Oh no, you brought the monster.

I looks up in realization of what Loki said and then I turn back to him.

Natasha: So, Banner, that's your play.

Loki: What?

I start to head down to the lab.

Natasha: Loki means to unleash the hulk. Keep Banner in the lab. I'm on my way. Send Thor as well.

I turn back to Loki.

Natasha: Thank you for your cooperation.

Y/N's POV

We're now scanning for the cube and Tony has just broken into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secure files.

Tony and I are sitting on the work table looking through the files as Fury walks into the lab.

Nick: What are you doing, Mr. Stark?