Chapter ten

Novas POV

I must admit the sandwich was top notch. Worth the pain I'd be feeling after but I can hide it. Just gotta sit in the bathroom that way no one knows I'm dying.

" so Are you still going back tonight?" Chris asked Lizzie and I was trying to pretend I wasn't listening but well I'm so
Close they have to know I am. " nope you?" And he shook his head " got everything moved. Scarlett's probably cancelling her flight too" and I frowned " why?" And Chris smiled and tilted his head " well nova I don't know if you've been asleep the whole day" and I stopped him " you guys didn't just cancel you're flights because of me?" And he turned to Lizzie and then back at me " ofcourse we did kiddo" and I just stared at him why?' They really didn't need to and there gonna regret it that's when they realise I'm not her kid. If I believe them then I'll just end up hurt and disappointed when I find out I'm not. Can't get hurt if I didn't have hope in the first place.

That's how I learnt to deal with things anyway. Even if I was she didn't need to stay. If she does it's just her tending to whatever guilt she has. She has her little girl and her baby boy what do I compare to that. Im a mentally damaged teenager she doesn't need me. I know she doesn't. I'm a good kid I know that but it's better for me to keep my distance.

Scarlett walked in and smiled at me " have you eaten?" And I nodded she nodded too and looked at Chris and Lizzie " I called and they let me rent this place longer" and Lizzie and Chris nodded " you guys don't have to stay,any of you" I said again and Chris and Lizzie looked at Scarlett and she nodded in the direction of the door. They both left just faster and Scarlett came close to me " novie I'm not leaving you. And neither are those two dummy's. I know you've got you're doubts but I know you my little girl." And I shook my head " yous shouldn't cancel flights and meeting because of me." Ans she raised an eyebrow " I'm you're mother of course I can" and I mumbled " we don't know that yet" and she smirked at me " you are stubborn, definitely my child." And I looked at her frowning " you're definitely stubborn Scarlett" and she smiled wide. " what did Colin say?" I asked in a small voice and she smiled " he's excited to meet you. He was concerned at first he wanted to know you were okay" and I blinked again " why? He's never met me" and she sighed " novalie he cares. We all do." And I nodded. " what about you're kids?" And she frowned " why do I feel like when you say that you're saying you're not mine in a Different way" and I smiled because that's what I was doing " don't have a clue" I faked innocence but she didn't look convinced. " rose knows she has an older sister. Cosmos too young to know anything yet he's just a baby" and I was very confused " his names cosmo? Like fairy odd parents? Or this alcoholic drink?" And she giggled " neither we just like the name" and I nodded " wow that's different" and she smirked " well so is novalie how many novalie's have you met?" And I smiled " none well I've met another nova but not novalie" and she smiled wide but before she could say anything I felt my stomach pains start. Crap. I put my hand over my tummy and sighed. " what's wrong baby?" She asked coming close but I shook my head " nothing it's normal" and she shook her head clearly not believing me but I stopped her again " Scarlett im okay" and she looked at me with disbelief " you're bent over in pain and you're saying it's normal" and I nodded I got up and went to the living room to lay down on my stomach. " im calling a doctor" and I shot up " no it happens all the time. Just get me water please" I asked and she nodded leaving the room. Chris and Lizzie had walked in and they both looked at me " what's wrong?" And that's when Scarlett walked in " she's in pain and won't let me call a doctor" and I sighed the pain was getting worse which meant it'll be over soon. " it'll be done soon" and they all looked at me waiting for me to explain more " I have a minor intolerance to gluten" and Scarlett gave me this motherly look " how minor" and I groaned out in pain " not very much by the sound of it" Lizzie said looking at me with the same look. Why they look so scary. and I tried to get up but it wasn't working very when Scarlett got me back down. "It's never this bad when I control how much I eat. But I've had a sandwich already and then that grilled cheese on top wasn't my best idea" and Scarlett gave me a very disapproving look. " I'm sorry" Chris said looking guilty. I felt the pain was easing so I sat up " no it's my fault I know what I'm doing to myself. You didn't. But I'm okay now look" I said standing but I was getting very disappointing looks from all three of them " sorry?" I shrugged and then Lizzie spoke " anything else we should know novalie?" And I shrugged " I don't think so" and she nodded " well I am just a fussy eater but nothing serious" and Scarlett nodded telling me to carry on " erm I don't like veg expect potatoes but I don't like mash." And they all nodded " anything else?" And I shook my head there wasn't anything else that they needed to know right now. " okay now we have that covered how about we do something?" And I slowly nodded I didn't wanna agree to something I was gonna regret later. Not that I would but I didn't wanna. " let's watch a movie" and I nodded " okay"
That doesn't sound bad so I agreed . " can we watch pirates of the Caribbean" and they all nodded agreeing I thought it was my safe bet.

_____________________________

It's a safe bet

Remember to drink water
Eat a good meal
Get a good sleep

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️