Chapter sixteen

Novas POV

Scarlett dragged me out of the room
And smiled wide " we were right" she said pulling me into her again and I felt a little happier " my girl, I'm so happy I have you back"
She said and I smiled but I don't think she knows how hard I'm taking it like. " I have to live with you don't I?" And she frowned " ofcourse peach I can't leave you here when  I just got you back" and I nodded she had a point there I give her that. " I have to leave my family"
I said and she was looking sad  now " I don't wanna leave Peter or his family" and she pulled me closer " you won't baby. But you have a new family" and I shook my head and pulled back " it's not the same" and I walked off. She doesn't get it it's not the same thing. Those asshole parents of mine were shit heads  but peters family have loved  and looked after me all my life I can't just go. I walked right past Lizzie and Chris and headed outside. Fuck. I wanted to scream I didn't know what to do. " okay if you're gonna leave don't go without me I don't know where I'm going" Lizzie said behind me and I turned to look at her " then stay here" but she wasn't gonna back down " and let my god daughter walk off without an adult nope. So if you're gonna go,walk slow so I can keep up these shoes hurt" and I looked down to see she's wearing boots. I shook my head and sighed " come on cowboy let's go for a walk" and she smiled and nodded getting her phone out. I have her a questioning look and she raised an eyebrow " we can't just disappear unless you wanna put Scarlett in a early grave" and i scrunched my face " why would she care you're a grown adult" and she looked at me trying to see if I was messing or not. " it's not me it's you. She cares about you and she's just  got you back I don't think she wants to lose you. I know you don't notice but she always keeps an eye on you" and I hadn't . I didn't know that. " why?" And she frowned " the last time she didn't you were taken from her nova" and I sighed I'm a horrible person. We were down the street now " are you not happy about it?" And I just kept looking ahead " what I say can that stay between us?"
And she nodded but that's not enough so I pulled out my pinky which she smiled at and took " promise" and I nodded " I'm scared. Actually that's an understatement. I don't know what to do because yes I'm her kid but that's not changing the fact she didn't raise me. It doesn't change what happened with those people when I was younger. And she has her kids. She's raised them ive seen it first hand how it works." And she asked " what do you mean?" And I sighed " I can't be loved. I don't get the happy family. I don't get parents that care. And I came to terms with that and now" and she finished it of for me " it's all changing?and I nodded " or maybe it isn't. And that seems to feel a lot worse." I had taken us only around the block and we came back to the street we started on " you can't tell her any of that" I said and she nodded " I know a promise is a promise. But when you wanna rant just tell me" and I nodded that's all I could do. I had to trust whe because if I moving I need someone. I know that person should be Scarlett but I don't know how I can talk about her to her.

Scarlett's POV

She walked away from me and I had no clue where she'd gone. I walked after her in the same direction but all I saw was Lizzie and Chris Looking worried " what did he say?" And I smiled " she's mine" and Lizzie looked confused " so why has she just walked out?" And I went wide eyed. That fear of losing her again is strong and I wanted to go after her " I'll go you stay here" Lizzie said walking out. She's gonna keep her safe. " hey Lizzie won't let her leave her sight" and I nodded he's right " what happened?" I didn't know how to answer him " she asked if she'd have to go back with us and I said yes. But then she said she didn't wanna leave her family and I said she has a new one. And then she said it's not the same and left." And he nodded listening. We got into the car when Lizzie texted me that they're in a walk and they'd be back to the car shortly. That's fine at least they are close. " seems like she's just taking it all in scar. It's a lot for her remember. As happy as we all are she's still adjusting to it all" and I nodded he's got a point " I got my little girl back" I said and I smiled wide I just felt happy. It's be nice if she was here with me but she needs her time. And that's when I saw her and Lizzie walking towards the car. They were talking and it's nice to see them get along I just kinda wish she was talking to me about what's bothering her.

They both got into the car and I looked back at them. Nova wasn't really loooking at me which made me sad but Lizzie smiled and spoke " so we're gonna need that house address kiddo" and she didn't even look up she just said it while Chris typed it into the gps. I didn't know what to say honestly I went from having 2 kids to now having a fully grown teenager. How do I raise a teen? I didn't think I'd have to think about any of this for so long yet here I am. With my little girl one minutes she's an hour old the next she's a grown women. I just closed my eyes I can't get upset here. This is a happy day for us and I'm gonna make sure I'm happy. We pulled up outside a house that looks like a decent sized house. Nova got out the car and she headed for the door. She pulled the flower pot and got a key out. I really thought it was just a American thing. She walked in I could see her tense yet she walked around more freely. Like this was familiar to her. " you guys can wait here I'm just gonna" she said waking upstairs she didn't even finsih her sentence she just went. There weren't any photos around the house. And the ones that were were off who I assume is the youngest daughter. But there was one that I picked up. It was definitely my nova when she was about 3. It's the only one of her and she smiling into the camera. She's on her own so i opened the frame and took the photo out. " should you be taking that?" Chris asked and I smiled " my child I can do what I like" and he shook his head walking into the other room.

____________________________

Remember to drink water
Eat a full meal
Get a good sleep

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️