Chapter twenty one

Scarlett's POV

I woke up and I just felt happy. I looked down to see my little girl asleep in my arms. I knew she wouldn't be waking up any time soon so I decided I'd go answer my emails and talk to Colin before she wakes up. I want her to have my full attention before we go to New York. I mean I have two kids under 10 one being a baby under 1. They take up a lot of my time and attention. It's just how it is I mean I haven't worked properly since cosmo has been Born but I'm also getting back into that. I'm a mother I can do it all.

I started to go through and reply to emails while I face timed Colin . He answered straight away and I smiled. It was night for him and he was in bed. " you wanna see who's with me?" He asked and I nodded and it was cosmo asleep on his chest. "  my loves" I cooed softly at the camera. He put the camera back on his face " how's nova?" He asked me and I smiled " she's sleeping upstairs I just wanted to get some work done" and he nodded " and Lizzie and Chris?" Which made me remember that I had my friends here too. I looked at the clock and I realised where they were. " they have gone on there morning walk" Colin nodded we talked until I got a new email from my lawyer. Novas birth certificate had been needed to change her schools and well I had Colin send a copy of it to my lawyer. I also needed it to legally change her name. Which I had now been told was done and her new passport would be with me when we got back to New York. I didn't wanna put her into a school after her progress with everything she's learned here. That's not fair because of how different it all is. So I'm setting her up with an online school that teaches the same as what she's been learning her whole life. Because it's unfair of me to expect her to do well in something she knows nothing about in little time.

We were leaving tomorrow and well I honestly can't wait. I did have a few things to sign before I could take her out of the country for good. But those were ready for me to do today while I was emailing back my lawyer. He's just sent me them all over and I signed them digitally with my saved signature.

I heard movement and well it was lighter steps so that ruled out Chris. And Lizzie was with him so it was my little girl. Colin was still on the phone and I didn't want them meeting over the phone. " love  I'll call you later" and he smiled " okay I'll let you go sweetheart have a lovely day" and I smiled he's honestly so sweet.

Novas POV

I woke up to a empty bed. I can't say I didn't feel a little sad waking up without Scarlett. I mean I can't expect actually I don't know what I expect.

I just felt her side of the bed and it was still a little warm so she hadn't been gone long at least. I got up and cleaned myself up. I also made the bed which I never do but because I'm sharing with her I feel like I should. If I was alone I'd have left it. I was however thirsty and this isn't my old room so I don't have a water bottle in here. So I knew it was time to go down. I could hear Scarlett talking but I'd assumed it was Chris or Lizzie. I didn't think anything of it till I got downstairs and I heard her say good bye to Colin. That's strange im pretty sure you could hear me coming. Maybe she didn't want me talking to him? Maybe he doesn't know about me? Okay that one's stupid because im going home with her. Unless she changed her mind then I can freak out. But when I walked in I saw her smiling at me and I didn't know what to say. Why do I have to be so hurt over nothing.

" what do you wanna eat peach?" Ans I just shrugged " I don't want anything thanks" I saw her smile drop but she didn't say anything so I walked to the Tap and grabbed a glass to drink some water. I did hear her moving around and then I turned to see her getting ingredients out " It's a good thing my pancakes are gluten free for you" and I stopped and I realised she's making me her pancakes. Even though I said I didn't want anything she's still making them. " I said I didn't want anything" I spoke quietly but she turned to me with a more determined look " and I told you that things would change when I got proved right. And I did you're my daughter so that means I can make sure you're fed without you whining" and I scoffed " I don't whine" and she raised an eyebrow at me which made me scoff again " whatever" I said leaving the room. What the fuck just happened?

Scarlett POV

Oh crap that didn't come out how it was supposed to. I don't know who's in the wrong all I know is she's not happy with me. God damn it. Maybe I need to give her space? I don't know how to raise a teenager. I don't know her that well as much as I'm trying to pretend I do. Yes I'm her mom but she's grown up and I don't know what's best for her. All I know is what I would of raised her as and I guess that's just what I'm gonna have to go off. My mom would let me figure things out on my own when we had arguments so that's what I'll do here. But she needs to eat so I'm making these pancakes.  I don't care how mad she is my first priority is making sure she's fed and healthy not starving and on deaths door.

Novas POV

Gosh darn is was I over reacting? Was that my fault? Oh she can come apologise to me because I told her I didn't want to eat and she didn't listen. Although I am a little hungry but that didn't matter. And I don't whine I tell the truth. shes the one pretending like it's all okay. Okay novs calm the fuck down this isn't helping you. I can't do this it's so much. Like I just urghhhhhh

How do I fucking  just change everything's bout my life? Like is no one thinking how am I supposed to just switch to this perfect child. This idea of this long lost daughter I'm not that! I just I feel bad for Scarlett because she's not getting what she wants and we'll I know she's not  because it's me.

Maybe I need to just clear my head.

__________________________

I didn't do that

And yes I wrote that because this is a story I care about

Remember to drink water
Eat a full meal
My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️