Chapter thirteen

Novas POV

I just sat there with Scarlett just staring at the view. It's a nice view. And it's a warm day I don't think it's much of a difference for her but for me it is. We usually don't see the sun for months and we'll it should still be cold but it's nice and warm. " what do you wanna eat for breakfast peach?" And I looked at her " I don't eat breakfast" I mumbled I mean no one ever made me it. And at the house I got told since I was working if I wanted to use there milk or cereal I had to pay. So I just never did. I only used it when they would feel like it or when they weren't there. They never kept track of any of it. Just couldn't eat it infornt of them. Even evil spawn would feel bad and sneak me food. " what do you mean? Breakfast is important" and I sighed she's not gonna let it go " well since I work I have to pay for my own food. So I just skip breakfast" and she looked at me with wide eyes " you work? And they made you pay for you're own food?!" She looked angry so I just reacted " I'm sorry I-" and she shushed me " peach I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at them. You're only 15 I mean I know independent and everything but why do you work?" And I shrugged " I have been since I was 14. Erm it's only weekend and school holidays. I needed revision books and they didn't wanna pay for them so I got a job to pay myself. And we'll when I wanna go out or new clothes I needed money" she looked so sad and yet so angry " and they made you pay for everything?" And I shook my head " not bills. Just my own stuff. I don't get paid much and we'll it all goes by the end of the month. But I have saved. I only pay extra if I use extra." And she looked confused so I elaborated " so if I spent to much time using the gas. Or if I left my light on over night. Or if I use the hot water up" and she nodded she was trying to understand " novalie you do not have to pay for anything okay? And you're job are you working today?" And I shook my head " I told my manager what's going on. And I handed in my notice. Just in case. But I can get my job back after the results come back and tell us what I keep saying" and she rolled her eyes at me which I smiled at " you ever need money I'm here. You're not paying or working till you're older. I can set up an allowance for you. That way you still have that independence." And I shook my head " no no I'm not taking money from you" and she smiled " okay missy if these results turn out like I know they will. You have to let me treat you like my child. So yes I'm putting you on a allowances it's my money and I earn for my kids to have everything they want. And as for paying  for anything you're not going to. It's mine and Colin's house and we pay for it all. You're job is just to be a kid" and I didn't know what to say to her. I've never been told that. I always get told I have to be more mature.

" nova come on im gonna make you're pancakes" and I actually smiled wide " you like them?" And I nodded very fast " can we have chocolate chip ones?" I asked slowly, she nodded clearly happy I was happy. She was smiling because I wanted pancakes. That's not something I thought I'd say. " anything you want" and I smiled as we went insides Chris and Lizzie were stood with the ingredients set out and smiling sheepishly " we figured you'd make pancakes" Lizzie said and Scarlett shook her head " nova you're mother makes the best chocolate chip pancakes" and I smiled I was very excited. " really?" And Scarlett nodded " well I learnt if from you're Grammy. She is a master in the kitchen and well I picked up some things growing up" and I nodded " I love cooking" and it was Scarlett's turn to look excited " really?"ans I nodded " peters mum taught me how to cook some things. But more traditional foods. Like curry's and things like that" and she nodded " you're going to have to teach me then peach" and I nodded " only if you teach me how to make pancakes like these" and she giggled "I can do that." Lizzie and Chris were just watching with amused smiles.

Scarlett started to wash her hands and looked at me with a smirk. I wanted to let her do her thing so I took a seat and watched her start. She looked so calm while cooking. I guess that's another thing that we have in common.

She played the pancakes and I looked to
My side to See Lizzie and Chris sat with there forks waiting like kids. " okay these must taste like heaven" I said and they both nodded very fast at me. Scarlett looked unsure and I smiled " well there making them seem like there heaven but I don't know if there that good" okay why I think she's bull shitting  is because she knows there good. But I get why she's saying that because if I don't like
Them she doesn't wanna have me expect the best and then get something different. I took a bite and they were all watching me while I did. It was like pure heaven in my mouth. My taste buds were tingling and I don't know how to describe how I just felt happier and lighter.  " these are good" I said taking another bite and what I didn't notice was Scarlett looking at me in utter adoration. But the other two did. They started to eat with me and I ended up getting a call from Peter so I answered while I was still at the table.

" how's my favourite child?" He said and i glared at him " I'm 3 months younger you ding dong" and he started to laugh. " wait you had pancakes!" He said when he saw my plate and I nodded " they were amazing and I'm not sorry one bit" and he scoffed " I thought I was like you're brother. And you do this to me?" I heard the other three laugh and that shut Peter up " you could of told me you weren't alone nova" and I giggled " now what fun would that be" and he smirked " oh you want fun" and that made my face drop " don't you dare" and he smiled wide "  I think Scarlett would love to hear all about her little girl wouldn't you" and that's when Scarlett spoke " I would Peter what do you wanna share" she said coming into view of the camera and smiling very sweetly " nope no" I said and Peter stopped me " oh but yes. Our dear nova here wanted to be a zoo keeper when she was younger" and I groaned " that doesn't seem bad" Lizzie said and I looked at her " oh but it gets worse. You see we went to a zoo and there was a tiger. Hard to miss right. We'll miss nova here somehow thought it was a monkey" and I buried my face in my hands " I was 8 and had better things to think of them monkeys and tigers!" And they all laughed at me which made me pout at Scarlett who pulled me into her " oh my baby it's an easy mistake" and thats when Chris spoke " no it's not" and Peter was still cackling so I turned the tables " oh mr Peter don't forget when you gave that presentation to the class and you were so nervous you couldn't stop burping" and that made him go red " why did you have to say that In front of famous people!" And I grinned wide now he can feel the pain. He looked of yo the side and smirked " wait novs mum wants to talk" he said quickly and I went wide eyed. Oh crap.

______________________________

It's gotten long so I cut it short

Remember to drink water
Eat a full meal

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️