Chapter twenty four

Novas POV

Hey Scarlett I'm done here so whenever you're ready to pick me up just let me know.  Is what I texted her an hour ago but she still hasn't replied to me so I was starting to worry. Now it's me for Christ sake I can only be patient for so long  and we'll give me an inch and I can over think anything. It's like my superpower. I always did want my own powers but ofcourse that's made up and it real. It was really real though in my head but again magic like what I wanted was not real.

" she's not answered me" I said looking at aunt Maria who only said " she's probably busy just wait" and I nodded I don't believe her.

Scarlett's POV

I had gotten everything I needed and I was having to follow the directions because unfortunately I don't have a clue. I was making enchiladas and with no help but I was struggling so here what I do. I step back and let the cooking expert do her thing. And when that didn't work Because she's in another country so good old face time. Yet she didn't pick up so lizard it is.

It's funny how certain people remember certain things and how we all struggle with things. Right now I can't remember what to put in what but I know let's just prep because I've been reading the back of the box 4 times and I feel like I still don't have a clue. So yeh I asked for help and Lizzie who's amazing at everything may I add made it look so easy while helping me make more. The way that I can't even do something so simple is irritating me. " you're just over thinking it" Lizzie said to me and I rolled my eyes she's rubbing salt in the wound. I had to peel potatoes and make them in oil which was fun because I almost burnt myself. Really struggling here. As if that all isn't enough I had to ask what her favourite dessert was and well she loves brownies which I can make. Thank god for that one. I was so hoping that I was told she loves some kind of complicated English thing. But she likes her brownies goes with a hard too so thank gosh I know what I'm doing. We'd been cooking for hours and when I'd put the brownies in I took a minutes to check my phone. Omg novs texted me and missed called me twice. Two hours ago oh shit. I completely forgot I was picking her up. Hey peach I'm on my way now and I turned to Lizzie " I'm going to get nova will you be okay?" And she nodded she's making the rest of the chips and the enchiladas and the brownies are in the ovens so yes it's all okay. " you going to get nova?" And I nodded at her grabbing my keys I had to get out I feel so bad for forgetting about her.

Novas POV

She's probably busy my ass she can't have gone this long without checking her phone. She's the one who said she'd pick me up I could of taken the bus back. But no now aunt Maria won't let me leave because she still thinks Scarlett is gonna turn up. Which seems sto not be happening she's probably going to have to drop me of herlsef because Scarlett seems to have forgotten about me. Img she's forgotten about me. Like if it's this easy to just forget me here how is it going to be there? I'm not important enough to remember.

" novalie" aunt Maria said and I groaned she is gonna get killed by me. " what" and she frowned at me " she's going to come get you" and I rolled my eyes " yes well it's been that long that I know she's either ignored me or better yet forgotten about me. Take you're pick because it just proves I'm not important to her" and I walked away I snapped I know I did but it hurt. And this is what I was avoiding why am I setting myself up? Like I don't get what I'm doing to myself yet here we are with me not changing a thing. Why you may ask because I can't she has custody and that's not helpful. I'll be fine just not yet.

I left my phone somewhere in the kitchen I was so sleepy I just curled up on the arm chair. If I shut my eyes for a moment it won't hurt.

Scarlett's POV

I got to the house and nova handy read my message still I think she's ignoring me. Which I deserve because I kinda ignored her. Actually I did worse I forgot but I'm here and we can't change what happened only what's going too. I knocked on the door and I saw Maria sigh in relief " oh thank god I really was thinking you weren't coming" and I frowned " I didn't check my phone I was cooking I completely forgot I was picking her up" and she nodded " it's okay novs is through here" she said taking me into the living room where I saw my baby curled into a ball hugging a blanket asleep. Oh my little baby. " she fell asleep about 20 minutes ago" and I smiled I wanted to just watched her sleep which sounds so creepy " my baby" i cooed I don't think I've seen anything so cute. I swear I make the cutest babies. " was she upset?" And Maria turned away from me I guess that answers it " she kept saying that you'd either ignored her or forgotten her" and I nodded great so I did upset my baby. Jesus Scarlett you're doing great at this aren't you. I'm doing what I need to do and that's just trying to help her. Yet somehow I make that worse.

I went over and I slightly shook her. I moved her hair from her face and kissed her forehead " novie baby come on let's go" I whispered and I saw her eyes scrunch and she started to shift " baby wake up" and that caused her to wake up but she did it slowly and when she opened her eyes she looked half asleep until she looked at me and went slightly wide eyed. Oh great so she really doesn't wanna see me " why are you here" she asked and I smiled " to get you come in dinners waiting" she just nodded not even looking at me yes it stung but again I deserve everything that's coming. At least she spoke to me. I got her phone from Maria and said goodbye. Nova had said her goodbyes and sat in the car waiting for me. They'll say a proper goodbye tomorrow.

___________________________

Remember to drink water
Eat a full meal

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️