Chapter 7

Now that both Taehyung and Eunji were standing on Yn's side and speaking on her behalf, Kim Shutong was naturally unhappy. However, she had to silently endure it as not to jeopardize Kim Suho's wedding.

"If that is the case, then it would be better to set another date for the elders to sit down and discuss the wedding. We will just treat tonight as a family making time to sit down and catch up with one another," Kim Shutong said as she looked at Eunji.

"That is fine with me," Eunji replied. She had not expected that Kim Suho would have no position in the family at all.

Yn was happily enjoying her dinner as the rest of them spoke. Although everyone was targeting her and making life difficult for her, she was still happy because someone was taking care of her and looking out for her.

After she had finished her dinner, Yn secretly texted Taehyung under the table "Oppa, I want to go home soon."

Taehyung's cell phone vibrated and he stared at the text message with a straight face as he typed out his reply to Yn's text message. "Wait for me. I will go back with you."

"!!!"

He wanted to go back with her?

But how was he going to explain it to them?

Yn coughed a little, but then decided that she should not worry about it. After all, this was Taehyung. He would know exactly what to do.

As everyone was about to finish their dinner, Yami suddenly turned around and whispered quietly to Kim Suho, "I am feeling a little hungry."

"I will bring you out to eat." After that, Kim Suho put down his cutlery and then said to Kim Shutong, "Mom, Yami is not feeling well. I will take her out for a walk."

"Okay, go." Kim Shutong then stared at Yami's stomach before saying, "You are pregnant now so you have to be careful with what you eat. Do you understand? Be especially careful when it comes to eating lamb meat."

Yn was amazed after listening to Kim Shutong's words.

Kim Shutong had been staying at the Kim family mansion for such a long time. How could she not be influenced by the culture of the Kim family but still remain so unreasonably superstitious about everything?

"Mom, I am going to go home now too," Yn said to Eunji as she put down the napkin that she had just used.

"Alright, go. Where are you staying now?" Eunji casually asked.

"Jin Hui Won," Yn cautiously replied.

"It is on the way for me. If you want to, I can give you a ride home," Taehyung quickly added to the conversation.

"Then...sorry to trouble you, Oppa," Yn replied as she hurriedly grabbed her silver purse from the sofa.

As the both of them were very awkward around one another, Eunji did not suspect that anything was going on between the two of them. All Eunji knew was that Taehyung was the future heir of the Kim family with a bright future ahead of him, and that Yn was merely a passer-by in his life. Furthermore, the both of them had always been so polite and courteous to one another ever since they were young. She felt that the reason that Taehyung helped Yn was because he felt bad for her due to what Kim Suho had done.

It was not only Taehyung—even Eunji herself was disappointed at Kim Suho and his mother.

Kim Shutong was originally from a lower-class family and therefore, even though she pretended to be from the upper class, anyone could easily tell from her actions and speech that she was from a lower-class family. All Kim Shutong cared about was calculating the gains and benefits that she could reap out of the Kim family. Eunji knew that there would be more drama in future after becoming in-laws with Kim Shutong. She just had to wait and see what drama would unfold.