Chapter 25

"I will show you the price that you have to pay for becoming a traitor."

Yin Qingyu sneered as Vera left, but Vera ignored her completely.

After leaving the hotel, Vera then went to Grandpa Tan's house to accompany Yn as Grandpa Tan was going to give Yn an examination on everything that she had learnt from him.

After all, Yn had already been studying and taking lessons from Grandpa Tan for quite some time. The old man wanted to see that she was actually learning from him, instead of him just wasting his time in teaching her.

Although he knew that Yn was only learning Korean medicine and herbs from him because of the upcoming drama, he would not tolerate Yn misleading the audience with any wrong information.

After marking Yn's test paper, the old man nodded as he smiled. "You really are a very intelligent girl. You are much smarter than most of my students. I can see that you have really mastered the basics very well."

"I know that I have only learned the basics but you can be rest assured, Grandpa Tan. If there is anything that I do not understand, I would definitely ask you for help. I will not mislead the audience with any wrong information." Yn quickly assured the old man.

"That is very assuring."

After ensuring that the old man was satisfied, Yn turned around and looked at Vera before she said, "Let's go out to the front yard to talk."

Vera nodded her head slightly.

"I could see that your eyes were swollen and red when you arrived at Grandpa Tan's house earlier today. Did you think that I would not have noticed that?" Yn asked Vera after they walked out to the front yard.

Vera rubbed her nose slightly as she looked at Yn. To be honest, she had already met and come face to face with so many different people in her line of work, but Yn was the only one who had taught her how to be sincere and genuine towards the people around her. Although Yn looked as though she did not understand anything, she really did put in a lot of effort to take care of the people around her.

"Are you still not ready to tell me about what is going on between you and Yin Qingyu? Tell me what happened. Maybe I can help you then."

Vera was silent for a moment before she finally conceded.

"When I was still studying in the university, I was selling liquor and beer in a nightclub because my family was really short of money at that time and I needed to work part-time to help my parents. Although I did not work as a public escort, we dressed very revealingly abroad. One night, my colleagues and I were walking past the night street as usual when we bumped into a very drunk man on the street. The drunken man had bad intentions and he caught hold of me before dragging me to the back alley. I kept struggling to set myself free and that was when he started beating me. In the end, Yin Qingyu passed by and she saw me struggling. She was the one who had called the police on my behalf."

"That is why you have been grateful to her all this while? Just because you think that she was your benefactor?" Yn asked after listening to Vera's story. She had a very strange expression on her face. After a short while she suddenly asked Vera, "Vera, have you ever really thought about the person who had really made the phone call to the police? How can you be so sure that Yin Qingyu was in fact the one who had made the phone call that saved your life? Have you asked your colleagues about this matter before?"

Vera did not understand what Yn was trying to imply. However, she thought really hard about what happened that night before she finally answered Yn. "After the police officers arrived, the first person that I saw was Yin Qingyu. As for my colleagues, I stopped contacting them after that incident because I was so mad at them for abandoning me."