Chapter 41

At eight o'clock that night, the sea level had already risen and the sea water was already up to everyone's ankles. At this time, the nine of them had only successfully managed to set up the bamboo platform that could support all of their weights.

Everyone could not wait to get up on the bamboo platform and put all of their resources on top but at this time, Yn suddenly came up with a last-minute suggestion to set up a roof using some of the leaves and weeds because Brother Zhuang had predicted that it would definitely rain soon.

"Forget it, Sister Yn. It's already good enough that we have a table so that we would not get wet. Let's hurry up and get on top of the platform already. The tide is already rising," Jin Mingchen replied immediately. This young boy had been busy swimming and fishing all day. He was extremely sunburned and the skins on his hands were already wrinkled.

"So, if it really rains, do you really want the nine of us to be drenched the entire night? Since we can already start setting up the walls, then let's just work a little harder to set up the roof too. If you are tired, you can just sit down and rest for a short while," Yn replied as she pointed at the platform.

At this time, one of the producers suddenly spoke to the nine participants using the loudspeaker. "The mission that you have been given this time is for you to build a complete house within twelve hours. You have another one and a half hours left to complete your task. Otherwise, all of you will be deemed to have failed the mission."

"Aren't you guys too cruel?" Jin Mingchen, who had just made his way up the bamboo platform, started complaining.

"How would we be able to finish building the house on time? We've barely managed to set up the bamboo platform and the surrounding walls are still bare wooden frames."

"Stop complaining already. We can definitely do it if we all put in effort together. Those who are tired can just sit or lie down on the floor and rest for ten minutes before getting up to continues building with everyone else. We have to persevere and prove to the production team that as long as the nine of us are working together, there is nothing that we cannot do!" At this time, Qi Mo suddenly spoke up as he patted Jin Mingchen gently on his shoulder.

"I really don't think I can move anymore. I will rest for a short while then." Jin Mingchen was feeling a little sick and uncomfortable because he had been soaking in the sea water all day.

"Okay, go and rest."

The rest of the participants then continued rushing out their work in an orderly manner. The men stepped into the water to start placing the bamboo in place, whilst supporting it with the rocks that they had collected earlier in the day. Yn and Kim Beishen were preparing all the dried leaves and weeds for the rooftop.

The remaining participants continued working hard and they only lay down and rested for ten minutes whenever they were really too exhausted. After the ten minutes was up, they would get up automatically to continue working.

After seeing this, Jin Mingchen could not sleep anymore. He sat up on the bamboo platform and said, "I am not going to sleep anymore. I am going to help too."

This time, all nine participants gave their best effort to try and complete building the house.

Time flew by really quickly and the bamboo house was slowly perfected bit by bit. At eight o'clock sharp, the little bamboo house finally had a decent thatched roof over it.

However, at this moment, a sound of something falling into the water was heard. Everyone was startled and as they looked around them, they suddenly realized that Jin Mingchen had already disappeared.

"Where is Mingchen?"

"Was he up on the roof to fix it? Did he fall into the water?" The crowd of people looked into the water immediately to search for Jin Mingchen and at this time, Jin Mingchen suddenly emerged from the water.