Chapter 35

Yn had suddenly become an internet sensation thanks to her role in <Desert Island Rescue>.

After the television station's rating for the first episode of <Desert Island Rescue> was released, the producers of several other variety shows were suddenly very keen to offer Yn a spot on their programs. They immediately contacted Vera to express their sincerity in inviting Yn to appear on the various programs.

Vera could not help but snort because some of these variety shows had in fact turned Yn down when she had approached them in the past. So, had they finally realized how amazing Yn really was?

But too bad for them...

Vera smirked because everything was recorded in her diary now. Since the other producers had looked down on Yn and despised her in the past, then she would definitely not allow them to cast Yn in their shows so easily.

Moreover, according to the announcement and notice released by the producers, it seemed as though Yn's popularity would greatly increase after the broadcast of all twelve episodes of the program. This was especially so because of the passers-by who had finally noticed Yn because of this program. Although Yn's skin had gotten a few shades darker due to the filming in the jungle and desert, it seemed as though her reputation had gotten a few shades better instead!

This was the power of the passers-by.

When Vera saw all the publicity and positive reviews surrounding Yn, she quickly took the opportunity to liaise and communicate with X Society and Kim Li.

After all, there were also a few other young artistes who belonged in the same category as Yn. Since Yn was now garnering a lot of attention because of her top rank in the variety show genre, it would be easier for fan fights to break out and also for some of her competitors to resort to creating or stirring up some rumors to bring her down.

"Even though Yn is doing very well, make sure that the fans do not go out to brag and show off too much." Vera advised Kim Li to take control of all the Ginger Candies.

Vera also sent Kim Li many pictures of Yn while she was filming the program. It was so Kim Li could upload a new picture to the fan page every now and then to appease and calm all of the Ginger Candies down.

After that, Vera gave Yn a call. "I am sorry to disturb you now. I know that I told you to rest at home for the time being, but we would never have expected the variety show to be such a hit amongst the audience. Therefore, I have discussed this matter with Director Shen and we both feel that the best step to take right now is to arrange for an exclusive interview later today so that we can debunk any of the netizens' baseless assumptions."

"Okay then," Yn replied immediately. "But I am a little too tanned right now."

"That is even better."

After all, in the entertainment industry, most of the female artistes were constantly paying a lot of attention to how they looked. Many times, they would refuse to participate in certain programs because they did not want to look ugly or get any darker. These female artistes usually had an extensive amount of makeup on their faces and they would always be dressed in the most glamorous clothing.

As for Yn, she did not really care about her image anyway. Therefore, Vera felt that if Yn was more natural, she might be able to establish a better rapport and chemistry with the reporter if she looked more approachable.

However, after Vera thought about all the artistes that were represented under Park Media, she quickly shook her head and said, "No, no, no. I think it would be better if you dressed up nicely and come here tomorrow afternoon. I will arrange for a makeup artist for you."