Chapter 21

Yn's palms were sweating all the way back to Grandpa Tan's house and Taehyung could see that she was very nervous.

He understood Yn's anticipation and how she must have felt to finally be able to meet someone she thought that she had lost forever.

This was because he had also met someone that he thought he had lost for good.

Taehyung did not allow the driver to speed up as the road was very muddy and slippery from of the heavy rain and he wanted to ensure their safety.

"Taehyung, why haven't we reached Grandpa Tan's house yet? Do you think he would be able to stop my father from leaving before we arrive?"

"Yn, please calm down." Taehyung tried to calm Yn down and stop her from panicking as he hugged her tightly in his arms.

After a short drive, they finally arrived at Grandpa Tan's house. At this time, Yn saw another black car parked in front of the entrance.

At this time, she felt as though her heart was going to jump out of her throat.

"Taehyung..."

Taehyung got off the car before he walked over to the other side of the car, holding an umbrella over Yn's head. He held the umbrella in one hand and pulled Yn closed to him with his other hand to shield her from the strong winds and heavy rain. "Let's go."

At this exact moment in the courtyard, Lee Zhitong had just handed Grandpa Tan a medical report and he was asking for his expert opinion. "Grandpa Tan, these...are there any signs of improvement?"

Grandpa Tan put on his reading glasses as he looked through the medical report. "The illness has been contained and it is not spreading at the moment but there is only so much that my medicine can do as Korean medicine usually plays a supporting role. The most important thing is to listen to the advice given to you by the Western doctors."

"I understand," Lee Zhitong replied. He was overjoyed. "The doctor had already explained the medical report to me earlier today but I wanted to get your opinion too. I am so relieved and happy."

"Since you are already relieved, you might as well take this opportunity to do something else," Grandpa Tan said as he used his chin to signal to Lee Zhitong to look behind him.

Lee Zhitong turned around and he immediately saw Yn and Taehyung walking towards them while holding onto an umbrella. He quickly turned around and used his hands to cover his face. "Don't. Don't look at me."

"Dad...dad..." Yn shouted.

"I am not your father. How am I worthy enough to be called your father?" Lee Zhitong replied, full of shame. "How can your father be someone as hideous as me?"

"You are my father. No matter what happens and no matter what you look like, you will always be my father," Lee Yn replied as she walked slowly towards Lee Zhitong.

Taehyung did not say anything as he walked beside Yn and continued shielding her from the rain.

"Don't come over here...Yn, I beg you..."

"Then...why don't you put on a mask so that you can turn around and talk to me? I beg you too, dad..." Yn replied immediately.

Lee Zhitong could no longer control his emotions that were running wild because his precious daughter was finally standing before him. This was the reason he had never taken the initiative to look for and meet up with his daughter in the past five years. He knew that he would not be able to handle it. Lee Zhitong subsequently put on a face mask before he finally dared to turn around and face Yn.