Chapter 51

“I got it.”
“You should also explain this matter to Sister Vera personally,” Qing Yan replied as he frowned. “We should teach a valuable lesson to these people who are trying to pull you down and destroy your reputation in the entertainment circle. Let them know that a person who is strong and has achieved everything out of their own ability would never be taken out so easily.”
“You can go and get busy with your work now. You don’t have to worry about me,” Xiao Chennan replied before he took out his cell phone and sent a text message to Vera. He did not know if she was already asleep or if she was still awake at this moment.
“The rumors circulating the Internet are not true at all. Trust me and don’t worry about me. I will solve this matter really soon.”
At this time, Vera was in a daze as she sat at the edge of her bed.
X Society had always received first hand news twenty-four hours a day and that was the reason why she received a phone call from the young paparazzo early in the morning.
However, she did not know how she could ask Xiao Chennan about this matter.
It was at this instant that her cell phone suddenly vibrated because of the incoming text message from Xiao Chennan. Vera took a deep breath because she felt extremely helpless and powerless at this moment. She felt that she was only a burden to Xiao Chennan and she had caused harm to his career and future progress just because she was in a relationship with him.
She had already been in the entertainment industry for such a long time. Therefore, she already knew that the rumors must have been started by someone who was trying to take this opportunity to get rid of Xiao Chennan once and for all.
This could only be because Xiao Chennan currently had the highest chance of winning the best actor of the year award.
But what about the truth?
Should she really believe Xiao Chennan without questioning or doubting him?
After the rumors had circulated on the Internet for an entire day, things had gotten more complicated as the various media outlets came up with their own speculations and theories about the incident.
[I am really curious right now! Will Yn be coming online to ask for a scolding today so that she can take some of the pressure off Xiao Chennan’s back?]
[Xiao Chennan’s reputation has already gone down the drain. I heard that Xiao Chennan’s parents are high-ranking officials who could get anything done if they want to. I hope that the police will conduct a thorough investigation on Xiao Chennan and his family!]
[Does Xiao Chennan really think that he owns this world? How could his family send his brother overseas to escape punishment after causing so much harm to others?]
[If Yn dares to come online to ask for a scolding today, I will really kneel down and call her my father!]
[Xiao Chennan is just a scumbag who is wasting resources in this society.]
[Xiao Chennan’s whole family are scumbags! Especially his younger brother!]
Yn did not even have the chance to drink her milk and eat her Korean cruller today as she quickly Went online as soon as she saw the news about Xiao Chennan.
@LeeLeelovestheScenery: “I will not be asking for a scolding today. I am her to support my friend today. I trust Xiao Chennan because I know what kind of person he truly is. Even if the fans who have followed him for a long time do not believe him and even if fans who proclaim that they love him do not believe him, I will still believe in him.”
What kind of situation was this?
Was Yn under a spell?
Did Yn understand the severity of this matter? How could she have the guts to step up and show her support to Xiao Chennan at this time?
Xiao Chennan’s agency did not even have the courage to express their stand on this matter but Yn actually dared to do so?
Moreover, she had only known him for a few months. How could she have so much trust in him?
Wasn’t she afraid of getting beaten up?
[Yn, are you in love with the film emperor? How can you come forward and declare your support for Xiao Chennan? Do you know what kind of evidence the victims have come up with?]
[Everyone else is already trying their best to steer clear of Xiao Chennan and draw a clear line between them so that they will not get implicated in this matter. However, Yn amazes us once again because she is coming out to publicly express her support and faith in Xiao Chennan.]
[Why can’t she support him? Is it wrong for her to choose to support him? We all know and understand Empress Lee’s personality and character very well. Nobody should stop her from believing in her own friends!]
[I am here to fulfil my promise, daddy!]
The reason Yn chose to trust Xiao Chennan was very simple. After spending some time with him while filming, she noticed that Xiao Chennan had a really good personality and he was really good at building and maintaining a good friendship with everyone around him.
Although his emotions could get the better of him sometimes, he was still a very righteous person.
Even though he knew that Ling Fei liked him, he had never taken advantage of her or given her any false hopes at all. He also made it clear that he was not interested in her at all.
When he found out that the investors wanted to withdraw their investment in <Nameless Orphan>, Xiao Chennan immediately offered to invest more than ten million wan out of his own pocket just so that Director Mong could retain his dignity.
When he knew that there were people who were secretly instigating Director Mong to replace Yn as the first female lead because of the number of NGs during the filming of the first scene, he stood up for her and defended her immediately. This prevented the villain from succeeding in his cause.
Therefore, Yn had complete trust in this person.
She did not have any doubts at all.
However, as the scandal got more and more out of hand, Director Mong was placed under tremendous pressure from the media and the public. Yn could tell that Director Mong was struggling when she arrived at the filming location to film her scene for that day.
After she was done filming her scene, Yn walked over to Director Mong and asked, “Director Mong, is something troubling you?”
Director Mong pulled his jacket and wrapped it tightly around him before he said, “The scandal involving Chennan is getting more and more complicated. The national broadcast station has just called me to ask me to consider replacing Chennan with another actor. They believe that we will be able to mitigate the losses this way.”
“But you also believe in Xiao Chennan, right?” Yn replied as she smiled. “Otherwise, you will not be at a loss right now.”
“What about you, young girl? Why are you so confident that Chennan did not do such a thing?”
Yn was seated right next to Director Mong and she looked at him before she replied in a serious manner, “Director Mong, if you want to determine a person’s character, you have to observe his conduct and his behaviour when he is around others. This is especially so for artistes in the entertainment industry. Their personality and character can be easily determined from the number of times they change their personal assistants throughout their career. Qing Yan has willingly stuck by Brother Nan’s side ever since his debut. This proves that Brother Nan has a good personality and he is a righteous person. You can see it in his eyes.”
“You can be really convincing, young girl.” After listening to Yn’s words, Director Mong suddenly felt very comforted and confident with his decision to trust Xiao Chennan. This was because Yn’s positive attitude made him realize that his decision to support Xiao Chennan was in fact the right decision.
“Do you feel relieved now?”
“Continue filming your scenes!” Director Mong yelled as he patted his thighs. “Young girl, sometimes I think you are really courageous. You dare to do anything and you do not have any fear at all.”
“I am not courageous. I just want to be an open-hearted and righteous person because that will make me unstoppable.”
Xiao Chennan was standing right behind both of them, not too far away, Initially, he had intended to have a good conversation with Director Mong, but he felt that it would be unnecessary now.
Yn…
It was no wonder why Vera was so loyal to Yn.
However, Yn got scolded even more terribly than how she had been the past few days because she spoked up and declared her support for Xiao Chennan.
At this time, Taehyung was still waiting in the hotel room and when he turned on his cell phone, he saw that Yn was getting scolded again.
Therefore, the Taehyung who always wanted to protect his wife logged into his online account, @Scenery, before he posted: “I really don’t know what to do with you.”
After all, no one would ever find out that the account belonged to him since anyone could create an ID named @Scenery. Therefore, Taehyung’s comment was quickly drowned out by all the other comments on the Internet.
After the incident escalated further, the family was interviewed once again and this time, they even presented the certificate issued by the hospital five years ago. They were very haughty and arrogant as they stood before the reporters and media.
One of the reporters asked, “Why are you only coming out to demand justice now after waiting for more than five years?”
The man who lost an arm replied, “He is the one who has been trying to subdue this news for the past few years. That is the reason why we are so mad and frustrated! Moreover, we have been asking around for the past few years and we have even approached the media a couple of times, but no one would pay any attention to us at all.”
The reporter then asked once again, “So, what do you intend to achieve this time?”
The woman who was standing beside the man brazenly replied, “A compensation of thirty million and not a cent less. He must also be punished under the law so that justice can finally be served!”
At this time, the reporter continued questioning the couple, “Aren’t you afraid that they would bribe the police again this time?”
The couple then took turns to reply, one after the other. “We are in the age of technology nowadays. Everything can be easily searched and referred to on the Internet. We believe in justice and we believe that the law will give us the justice that we deserve! As for Xiao Chennan, we feel that this kind of garbage should not be allowed to exist in this world! We sincerely hope that he will get the punishment he deserves.”
Don’t you have a guilty conscience at all?
Even though the matter continued to spread like wild fire over the Internet and even though the matter was escalating really quickly, Xiao Chennan’s agency did not come out to deal with public relations matters at all. It seemed as though they had given up on Xiao Chennan and they wanted to teach him a lesson.
This was because the agency believed that as long as they cut off Xiao Chennan’s resources, he would definitely turn around and come back to beg them for mercy…
He might even agree to become the vice chairman’s pet.
Therefore, the vice chairman decided to make a second phone call to Xiao Chennan in private. This time, Xiao Chennan took Qing Yan’s advice and he put the phone on speaker mode as soon as he answered the call. After that, he quickly turned on the recording function on the cell phone.
“Chennan, did you put any thought into what I told you the other night? Things are already becoming more and more complicated and unpredictable now. If you continue to act like a tough guy and allow the situation to develop any further, then not even the agency would be able to save you from the predicament you are in when things really get out of hand.”
“It’s okay. I don’t need the agency’s help,” Xiao Chennan was indifferent and he refused the vice chairman’s offer.
“Xiao Chennan! Do you really think that you are still the high-profile film emperor that you used to be? The agency has been the one to help you achieve everything that you have, and that is how you have become who you are today! As long as you promise me that you will break up with Vera and move into my house obediently, then I promise you that everything will definitely be as it was in the past. You will continue to be the dashing and happy film emperor with a successful career ahead of him. I promise to sort everything out for you.”
“I really don’t need your help, vice chairman. Moreover, I have already prepared the cancellation letter and liquidated damages to terminate my contract with the agency with immediate effect,” Xiao Chennan replied in a calm manner. “I know that the company has treated me very well all these years, but I would also like to remind you that the company has also received many perks and benefits because of me. Furthermore, I earned my status as the film emperor based on my own hard work and ability. Since the company can no longer support and accommodate me, I believe that terminating the contract would be the right move to make as we will not be able to work together in a happy or pleasant manner.”
“Xiao Chennan! You have the audacity to tell me that you want to cancel the contract?”
“No matter what happens, I am definitely terminating this contract!”
After he was done speaking, Xiao Chennan hung up the phone without waiting for the vice chairman to reply. Xiao Chennan was just about to save the voice recording of their conversation in his phone when he suddenly heard a soft knock on his door.
Xiao Chennan initially thought that it was Qing Yan, but as soon as he opened the door, he saw Vera panting and trying to catch her breath in front of his hotel door.
“Why are you…”
Vera jumped into Xiao Chennan’s arms and hugged him before he could finish his sentence. “If Yn can trust you and show her support for you in public despite all of the criticism, then do you really think that I will have a peace of mind if I were to remain in Seoul by myself? Brother Nan, I will accompany you.”
Xiao Chennan had originally intended for Vera to wait for him in Seoul as he kept her updated about the matter. However, since Vera was already here in person, then everything was perfect at this time.
So, he dragged Vera into the hotel toom before he pressed her against the wall and started kissing her affectionately on her lips. The both of them were so caught up in the moment and when they finally pulled apart from one another, Vera’s lipstick was already smudged.
“Will you stay here with me tonight then?”
“I will not be able to stay over at Yn’s room today anyway. Second Young Master Kim is here too,” Vera replied as she blushed while resting her head against Xiao Chennan’s chest.
Since their relationship had already been made known to the public, since they have already received countless insults and criticism, then why should they continue escaping or living in secret?
Vera finally realized that she had lost.
She really liked Xiao Chennan.
She really liked him very much.
She would stop thinking about the challenges and difficulties that she would face in the future. That was not important at all. What was most important was that they were both together at this very moment.
Very soon, rumors started going around stating that Xiao Chennan’s agency had already decided to give him the cold treatment.
Those people who used to call themselves Xiao Chennan’s friends had already disappeared and they avoided any form of contact with Xiao Chennan out of fear that they would be implicated into the matter.
Aside from Yn, no one else in the entertainment industry dared to publicly show any support for Xiao Chennan.
Even fans who had already been following Xiao Chennan for years felt confused at this time because they did not know if they should believe him.
In the end, the Ginger Candies were the one to speak up for Xiao Chennan and defend his reputation when they came across any passers-by insulting and criticizing him on the internet.
[If Empress Lee chooses to show her love and support for Xiao Chennan, then the Ginger Candies will definitely do the same! Are Xiao Chennan’s fans blind? You have already been supporting and following him for seven or eight years since his debut. So, how could you not know what kind of person Xiao Chennan truly is? Ah! All these fake fans!]
[In other words, isn’t it obvious that someone is manipulating and making use of that couple to deal with Xiao Chennan? All I can see is the arrogance and greed of the couple. I don’t see any truth to whatever they are saying to the media.]
[I believe in Xiao Chennan because I believe in Empress Lee.]
At this time, one of the passers-by suddenly commented.
[It seems as though Yn’s fans are all as ridiculous as she is.]
[Ridiculous? Our Empress Lee is only standing firm in her beliefs and we support her because we believe in her judgment!]
[Exactly! We do not believe in anything, but the only thing that we believe in is Yn!]
In fact, some of the fans who had been following Xiao Chennan loyally for the past eight years, felt very emotional after reading these comments. Xiao Chennan’s own fans had failed to defend and protect him. Instead, some other artiste’s fans had to be the ones to defend and support their idol. That shouldn’t be the way.
Because Xiao Chennan had not stepped forward to express his position on this matter yet.
As long as the police did not express their position and as long as their brother did not admit to the crime, then why couldn’t they trust in him?
At this time, one of Xiao Chennan’s fans who had already been supporting him for the past eight years suddenly recalled something.
[Does anyone else remember that Brother Nan actually attended a funeral five years ago? I think I still have pictures of him that was taken when he attended that funeral. Do you guys think that Brother Nan’s younger brother is really dead?]
[You are right! I also remember that Brother Nan had attended a funeral dressed in a full black suit. At that time, he had a very solemn and distressed expression on his face.]
[Start taking action now, everybody! Look for any pictures that you can find of Brother Nan attending the funeral.]
Xiao Chennan’s fans finally started to show their support towards their idol.
[If even Yn’s fans can trust Brother Nan, then we should not just give up on him so easily!]
[Yes! We have already been supporting him for the past eight years! We should have more faith in him than people who have barely known him for a few months.]
Xiao Chennan’s fans started looking through the archive on his social media account and from their own accounts to look for all the evidence and proof they need.
At this time, it was not an exaggeration to say that Xiao Chennan was at a low point in his life because he only had a few loyal friends who would defend him and trust in him left by his side.
After searching through many different social media accounts, one of the fans finally found a picture of Xiao Chennan attending the funeral five years ago.
Furthermore, the funeral was held about two weeks after his younger brother was involved in the fight.
Subsequently, there was a turning point in the news.
This was because the sanitization worker who was involved in the incident five years ago had contacted the media and police after finding out about the news.
“I was the man who had been beaten up by the couple five years ago. What the couple said is not true at all. They have distorted the entire story to their own benefit. They have no humanity or dignity at all!”
“Five years ago, I was responsible for the sanitization work of a certain street. That evening, I was sitting by the roadside halfway through work so I could eat my dinner before I continued working. At this time, this drunk couple started harassing me and telling me that I was too dirty and that I was an eyesore to them. They walked over to me and overturned my lunchbox before they started beating me up for absolutely no reason. At this time, a young boy who was volunteering for a blood drive donation nearby came to my aid but unexpectedly, the couple started attacking him too.”
“When the young boy saw me lying on the ground and vomiting blood, he could no longer watch on without taking any action. Therefore, he started to fight back as the couple continued attacking him aggressively. The fight was broken up when the police finally arrived at the scene.”
“As I was really worried about the young boy’s injuries after the incident, I contacted the police to help me locate the young man. However, one week later, I received news that the young boy had passed away due to severe intracranial haemorrhage. The doctor had tried his best but there was nothing more he could do to save him.”
“I really hated myself at that time. I could not accept the fact that a young boy who had just started attending university had lost his life at such a young age just because he was trying to protect an old man like me,” the old man said as he started wiping the tears off his face. “I felt very sorry towards the young boy and his family. In fact, I have already paid several visits to the young boy’s family because I wanted to apologize and offer them anything that I could do for them. However, the young boy’s mother is really very kind and understanding. She comforted me and told me not to feel too burdened because it is not my fault…but I really…”
The old man broke down and he started crying as he thought about the young boy.
“I attended the young boy’s funeral about two weeks after the incident and I found out then that he was just eighteen years old. He was such a good boy. Unexpectedly, this evil couple who took his life are actually trying to change the story and make him out to be the villain instead. Do you know how bad I feel right now? Do you know that my heart is really aching?”
“If you do not believe me, you can do your investigation and verify the authenticity of my story. The couple were the ones who had started the fight as they started beating both of us up. The young boy only fought back because he was trying to protect me and defend himself. If you do not believe me, you can go to the police station and verify that what I am saying is the truth.”
“That inhumane couple! Why did they omit the fact that both of them were imprisoned for manslaughter? Why didn’t they mention anything about that? Moreover, I heard that the young boy’s father fell ill and passed away not long after the incident because he was so depressed about the unexpected death of his youngest son. The couple have already taken two lives and they still have the audacity to slander an innocent man? Aren’t they afraid of karma? Don’t they have a conscience at all?”
“What is even worse is that the media and the reporters are sharing the news and information without even verifying whether the story checks out. Are you telling me that the information provided by the police will not be credible?”
“That couple will definitely go to hell soon!”
The old man had a heavy heart as he agreed to be interviewed by the reporter.
This was because he was really distressed.
He felt so distressed that he felt as though he had lost his will to live…
How could anyone slander and incriminate his benefactor for something that he did not do?
“I am really disappointed with the younger generation. How can you smear the reputation of an innocent man like this?”
“His younger brother has already passed away and he still has to put up with all these baseless rumors and slander.”
“You are spreading rumors that his family bribed the police and some high-ranking officials just so that his younger brother could be let off the hook? Xiao Chennan’s family are just ordinary people, like every one of us here!”
Subsequently, the old man also took out a letter that was given to him by the court five years ago. This was a court order, sentencing the couple to pay the old man a total of fifty six thousand wan for his medical bills and expenses.
“All of you can take a good look at this now. You can also drop by the police station to request for a transcript of the incident that took place five years ago. All these evidence can prove that I am not lying and everything that I said is true.”
Soon, the video of the old man’s interview was shared online.
The old man criticized the current trend of cyber violence and cyber bullying.
“If any of you continues slandering and defaming my benefactor’s family, then I will start a lawsuit against you! I will sue you until you get your just punishment. I will perish with you if that’s what I have to do to get you to stop!”
[Oh my god. Is this true?]
[The old man is so sad and he is crying so miserably. He also brought out the court order from five years ago to prove that his story is true. That couple was just misleading us and feeding a fake story to the media.]
[I have already checked out what the old man said. Xiao Chennan’s mother was working as a middle school teacher and his father was a factory worker until the day he died. Furthermore, Xiao Chennan’s father really passed away just a short while after his younger brother’s death. I think that the old man is really telling us the truth.]
[I feel like crying when I see the old man crying so pitifully. If the old man’s side of the story is true, then the scumbag couple really slandered Xiao Chennan and his family!]
[I have a friend who works in the crematorium. He told me that Xiao Chennan personally cremated his younger brother five years ago. When he told this story to his own friends initially, everyone refused to believe him.]
[The scumbag couple really deserves to be condemned and punished for doing this and causing so much pain to Xiao Chennan’s family after everything that they have already gone through.]
A short while later, Qing Yan also arrived at the police station to ask for some assistance.
At the moment, Qing Yan had Xiao Chennan’s brother’s death certificate, his cremation certificate, the transcript drafted by the police officer five years ago, and also the court judgment of the couple’s sentencing in his hands.
That scumbag couple were a gone case!
Even though the scandals involving Xiao Chennan had already turned around, his agency was still staying silent and refusing to give any response.
This was not the kind of treatment that a film emperor should be receiving. Xiao Chennan was currently facing a lot of criticism and his fans were also turning their backs on him, but it seemed as though his agency was refusing to come to his defense at all.
When Vera saw what was happening, she got increasingly anxious. Therefore, she quickly created a second social media account before she asked Qing Yan to add her into Xiao Chennan’s official fan support page. After that, she launched a control and anti-defamation evaluation initiative to gather all of Xiao Chennan’s fans to continue cheering and fighting for him. However, since Xiao Chennan’s fan base was currently in an extremely chaotic situation, Vera did not receive many responses on the fan page.
Therefore, Vera quickly gathered the information and data before she sent the link to the group chat that Yn had for her friends and family.
Vera: “Please sacrifice a minute of your time and help me to show your support to this celebrity.”
Lost all four pants: “…”
CEO Park is the super invincible and handsome man: “…”
Tycoon Kim: “…”
Bei Sheng Sheng Bei: “…”
Wow. Was she really asking a group of social elites to show their support for her man? Was this for real?
At this time, Lee Lee loves the Scenery replied: “Already did!”
Besides that, Yn also sent another text message to the group: “It is a very sunny day and the weather is perfect for us to show some love and support to @XiaoChennan! Let’s do this!”
As soon as the Ginger Candies got the news, they started acting immediately because Empress Lee’s friend was their friend.
Therefore, the Ginger Candies also showed some support for Xiao Chennan as they continued to root for Yn.
Sure enough, because of the Ginger Candies, Xiao Chennan’s fans finally responded to Vera’s post. They finally recovered and decided to organize a large support movement for their beloved idol.
The Ginger Candies started rejoicing when they saw that they have finally moved the hearts of Xiao Chennan’s fans. However, no matter what it was, their Empress Lee would always be on the top of the list.
Therefore, they started mocking Xiao Chennan’s fans.
[Are you guys zombies? You need someone to trigger you before you can start any movement for your own idol?]
[Exactly! Xiao Chennan’s agency is also very useless. Thankfully, his fans have already woken up from the dead. Otherwise, Xiao Chennan would be very unlucky if he has to deal with that scumbag couple all by himself.]
[Hahaha. Okay, we will not bully you guys anymore. Anyway, our Empress Lee will always be on top! Who asked the film emperor to collaborate with our Empress Lee?]
Xiao Chennan’s fans were enraged and they finally came out to fight the battle for their idol.
At this time, the scumbag couple were still firmly insisting that they had never hit Xiao Chennan’s younger brother in the head. They claimed that Xiao Chennan was making up all the stories and doing so many despicable things just to protect his brother’s image.
Even though the old man had already stepped forward to clarify the situation, the scumbag couple was still shamelessly denying everything.
[Who knows if Xiao Chennan paid this old man to make up this story?]
[Moreover, his brother was the one who came and provoke us in the first place. Who said that we started attacking him first? Where is your proof? We are law-abiding citizens and all our friends and colleagues can testify on our behalf!]
[Do you know what the most despicable thing about Xiao Chennan’s brother is? It is already bad enough that he attacked me, but as a man, I can accept it. However, what I cannot accept is the fact that he actually dared to hit my wife! What kind of person would hit a woman? There is not a single good person in the Xiao family!]
Even though there was a court order to prove the old man’s story, the couple had the guts to continue arguing and defending themselves.
At this time, Xiao Chennan could no longer tolerate it.
This was because Xiao Chennan had received a phone call from his mother and she was seriously distressed. Her life had been seriously affected and she was constantly disturbed by strangers because of the shameless couple. Xiao Chennan’s mother had no choice but to return to her mother’s house to avoid the limelight.
Xiao Chennan made a phone call to his lawyer later that night. He wanted his lawyer to help him file a lawsuit against the scumbag couple, demanding compensation for all the financial and pecuniary losses that he had suffered throughout this period. He would do whatever it takes to make sure that the couple goes bankrupt and lose everything that they had.
Moreover, Xiao Chennan also instructed his lawyer to find out who was the person who was using this incident to make waves.
At eight o’clock that night, Xiao Chennan finally Went online to publish all the information and evidence that he had gathered on the Internet.
These included his parents’ letter of employment, his father and younger brother’s death and cremation certificates, the transcript issued by the police officer, the court order and the court’s final judgment five years ago, and a doctor’s letter from when his younger brother had gone abroad for critical illness treatment five years ago. The doctor’s letter contained a diagnosis and a list of treatments used to treat the injury suffered by Xiao Chennan’s brother. Xiao Chennan had also published several photos of the fight online.
Hit a woman?
Judging from the photos, it was as clear as crystal that the woman had pinned the old man and a young teenage boy firmly to the ground.
This woman might even be able to win against a muscular man who weighed three hundred pounds man in a fight.
How could they still ask such a shameless question?
After uploading the photos, Xiao Chennan wrote a caption in his post: “Garbage belongs in the trash can.”
[Is the film emperor declaring war?]
[The scumbag couple has no humanity or morals at all! How could they continue lying and blackmailing after slandering the dead? Please catch them and imprison them for life!]
[They blackmailed and threaten Xiao Chennan, they insulted Xiao Chennan’s deceased younger brother and they kept harassing Xiao Chennan’s mother. This scumbag couple took two lives because of their actions. Why were they only sentenced to three years in prison? Is this even justified at all?]
[I will give one hundred thousand wan to anyone who can make that scumbag couple disappear!]
[This is really too sickening. I just want to slap that couple when I look at their faces now.]
[The film emperor is really very pitiful. He lost both his father and his younger brother because of that scumbag couple and now he has to continue suffering because of them. I heard that Xiao Chennan had already lost many first-line resources in the last three days.]
[Furthermore, almost all of his fans had abandoned him initially. They only returned to join the fight after the Ginger Candies provoked and prompted them to do so.]
[I really hope that the court will re-examine this case. They should be given a life sentence instead of being sentenced to prison for three years, for causing the deaths of two innocent victims.
[I already found out the identity of the scumbag and his wife. The man’s name is Lin XX. His ID number is: XXX and the couple is currently staying at Xinghe Community 302. That woman…]
[The film emperor is really very miserable. As the film emperor, his agency is not doing anything for him and he has to come out and handle his public relations matter on his own.]
The scandal took a one hundred and eighty degree turn after Xiao Chennan uploaded the evidences online.
Some of the netizens and fans who had scolded and reprimanded Xiao Chennan prior to this quickly came forward to apologize to him and his younger brother because of their guilty conscience. Some of the netizens were even more extreme because they paid a visit to the scumbag couple’s house and left all sorts of things at their front door. This included a bucket of pig’s blood, paper money, and wreaths. The scumbag couple was so afraid that they did not even dare to step out of the house.
Could they continue having a filthy mouth?
Did they have the courage to continue spreading rumors in public?
Now, they would finally have a taste of their own medicine.
There was no need to pity people like them even if they died in their own homes.
Xiao Chennan subsequently released a second post on his social media account: “The police officers and my lawyer are already on the way to arrest the couple. I assure you that they will definitely pay for their actions and be sent to prison.”
However, the netizens were still not contented.
[I just wish that someone can beat that scumbag couple up to teach them a lesson!]
However, no one knew if this was karma or retribution. When the couple heard the sound of the police car sirens, the were too afraid to run out of the main entrance of the house. Therefore, they decided to jump out of their windows from the sixth floor to escape through the lawn.
Since the man was already disabled, he would never have been able to make a perfect landing on one leg. Therefore, he caused serious injuries to his only remaining leg because he did not land on the ground properly.
Neither of them had a good ending because the woman ended up hitting her face in the flower bed when she landed on the ground. When she stood up eventually, her entire face was covered in blood as she had broken her nose in the process. She would definitely be disfigured after this.
But even if that was the case, there were no excuses and the police officers arrested the couple anyway.
Of course, it went without saying that the scumbag couple kept struggling and yelling, “Let go of me! Let me go. You have caught the wrong person. I did not break the law.”
The woman was especially loud as she kept screaming in her high and pitchy voice, “Don’t come near me. Let go of me. Help! Someone is going to get killed!”
The residents in the community could not stand by idly as they watched the police apprehending the couple and they started pouring a bucket of water downstairs onto the couple. Some of them also threw some items at the couple and both of them were hit in the head until they began feeling dizzy.
At this time, there were also some children who were shouting out loud. “Uncle police, please take these two bad people away already! They are too noisy. I can’t focus on my studies because of this noise disturbance!”
“Can the two scumbags downstairs stop yelling and screaming already? Scumbags like you should be left to rot and die in prison!”
After that, the couple received a lot of ‘love and care’ from the residents and they could no longer open their mouths as the residents kept throwing things at them.
After some time, the police officers finally stepped up and stopped the residents because they were afraid that the scumbags would be slashed to death. They called the hospital to send an ambulance over to pick the scumbag couple up so that they could receive medical care before they would be dealt with under the law.
However, the police officers had to admit that they really enjoyed watching the residents throwing things at the couple because they deserved it.
Some of the residents in the community who had witnessed the entire scene took the opportunity to take pictures and videos of the couple before posting them on the Internet.
[These two fools tried to escape from police officers by jumping down from the sixth floor. They ended up sustaining some serious injuries and they were ultimately arrested by the police anyway! They really deserved it!]
[It felt like garbage was falling from the sky when both of them jumped off the sixth floor. Today is the day that justice is finally served!]
[I hope that the police officer will not let the couple off so easily this time. They are a risk to society!]
[I wish that both of them would just die already. They should kneel down and beg for forgiveness from the Xiao family!]
[I hope that this couple will go to hell soon.]
[The residents in this community are really amazing! Like! I want to give them thirty-two likes!]
[The film emperor is really pitiful. He suffered so much and he lost so many first-line endorsements and contracts just because of these two scumbags!]
[Sob. Sob. Sorry, Brother Nan. We were wrong. We should not have believed in the rumors. We should have trusted you instead. We are really sorry!]
[Brother Nan, if we want to become your fans again…will you accept us?]
It did not matter to Xiao Chennan anymore.
After all that he had gone through and endured during this time, Xiao Chennan learned that only the fans who were truly loyal to him would choose to trust him, stick by him, and support him through all the difficulties. Therefore, he no longer cared about the fans who could just abandon him and perceive him as a villain simply because of some baseless rumor.
After the storm passed, Xiao Chennan’s fan base became a little more stable.
Although Brother Nan had found them a sister-in-law whom they did not like, he was already thirty years old and it was an appropriate time for him to fall in love and have a girlfriend. They should not have reacted so negatively when he announced his relationship.
However, they did not know that the person who had contributed most significantly to turning the situation around for Xiao Chennan was in fact the sister-in-law whom they did not like.
As soon as the situation was under control, Xiao Chennan also won a wave of sympathy from the passers-by. It was at this moment that Xiao Chennan finally received a phone call from his agency. This time, it was the chairman who was calling him personally, instead of the vice chairman.
“Chennan, you have already gained back some of your resources today. I received a lot of calls earlier in the afternoon. Don’t worry too much about the resources that you have lost. I will definitely try my best to help you to get back every single resource belonging to you.”
“You don’t need to anymore…” Xiao Chennan replied indifferently, as though he was talking to a complete stranger. “I will send someone over to the agency tomorrow to discuss the termination of my contract with the company.”
“Chennan, you are just kidding right? Aren’t you taking this joke a little too far? The company…”
“I have already decided on what my next step would be,” Xiao Chennan replied without leaving room for any negotiation at all. “I believe that you of all people should know very well that the vice chairman had been threatening me and coercing me to succumb to his will. However, even if I chose to keep quiet without retaliating, it does not mean that I do not have a temper!”
“Chennan…it is not entirely impossible to deal with the vice chairman…”
“I will not return to the agency anymore whether you deal with him or otherwise. It does not matter to me,” Xiao Chennan replied directly. “I have always been very grateful towards the company for cultivating and supporting me throughout the years. However, I believe that there is a time for everything.”
The chairman could not help but sigh out loud as soon as he heard Xiao Chennan’s words. This was because he knew that the vice chairman was in fact the one who had prevented the agency from helping Xiao Chennan and handling the public relations issues on his behalf when things got out of hand.
Was this the way that a film emperor should be treated?
“Chennan…”
“Let’s put it this way. I will not budge or give in unless the company makes a decision to fire the vice chairman. Otherwise, my decision is fixed.”
The chairman was stunned.
How would that be possible? The vice chairman was the chairman’s own biological brother.
Of course, the chairman knew that Xiao Chennan was deliberately putting him in a tough spot by making things difficult for him. Therefore, after a short pause, the chairman could only sigh as he replied, “Okay, I understand.”
When the news of the conversation between Xiao Chennan and the chairman reached the vice chairman’s ears, he was so enraged that he slammed his hands on the table immediately. “Aren’t we giving him too much face? Does he really think that this matter has already been resolved just like this? I want to continue controlling him! He is dissatisfied with me and the company? Very well. Let’s see how tough he can be and we will finally know what he is made up of then. Release a statement to the media and state that Xiao Chennan broke the terms of his contract when he disclosed his relationship without consulting the agency. The agency will now start a lawsuit against him!”
“Vice chairman…isn’t that a little too much?”
“I can do much worse.”
However, the vice chairman did not know the evidence that Xiao Chennan currently had on hand.
What else did Xiao Chennan had to fear?
Very soon, all the malicious comments and topics about Xiao Chennan disappeared and those topics were eventually replaced with other hot topics such as #Xiao Chennan, we support you# and #The friendship between Xiao Chennan and Yn#.
In fact, the friendship between Yn and Xiao Chennan gained the most attention.
This was because Yn was the only person who was courageous and sporting enough to stand by Xiao Chennan’s side and publicly declare her support for him when he was going through the scandal. She firmly believed in him and trusted his personality and character. Besides that, Yn had also helped to fight back against the criticism and insults thrown at Xiao Chennan.
Of course, there were some netizens who came up with the idea that Yn was only supportive of Xiao Chennan because she already knew about his family status and his family affairs before the scandal had broken out.
[Don’t forget that Empress Lee is very meticulous and tactical. She always lures in her enemies and garners hatred first before she finally wins over the sympathy of the netizens and public. That is her strategy.]
[I am certain that Yn definitely knows about Xiao Chennan’s family background. After all, Vera is his girlfriend.]
[Yn must have planned and strategized before she made her move. Everything was strategically planned and calculated.]
[Sigh. I actually thought that Yn was sincere.]
[Are you guys insane? What are you talking about? Even if Yn really knew about Xiao Chennan’s background and family situation, do you see anyone else who would have spoken up and show any support for him like she did?]
The netizens were amazing because they could even come up with this sort of conspiracy theory. When Qing Yan saw the netizens’ dispute over this matter, he informed Xiao Chennan about this matter immediately.
“Brother Nan, you should take a look at this.”
When Xiao Chennan saw the rumors that were starting to circulate online, he logged into his official social media account before he replied to the comments, “I have never told anyone about my family before. Yn did not know anything.”
[Hahaha. Brother Nan personally came online to slap them in their faces.]
[Some people will always think the worst of others no matter what they do.]
[In other words, Yn was supporting Xiao Chennan unconditionally despite not knowing about his actual family history? She is really a genuine friend.]
[The incident broke out early in the morning and Yn already showed her support for Xiao Chennan later that morning. How would she have the time to find out about Brother Nan’s family affairs within that short timespan?]
[So, those people who came up with all those conspiracy theories can just go home already. The kind of friendship that Xiao Chennan and Yn have is really precious and priceless.]
[Yn dared to do what everyone else dares to, but Yn also dared to do everything else that no one dares to.]
Later that night, Vera came out of the bathroom after taking a shower and she sat down next to Xiao Chennan as she dried her hair. “It’s finally sunshine after the rain.”
“Not yet.”
This was because Xiao Chennan knew that there was more to come from his agency. However, he was not afraid at all because he was holding onto a trump card that he could use against his company and the vice chairman.
“We also have to find out the identity of the person who tried to set you up,” Vera said in a bitter manner. “I am really very relieved and happy that both you and Yn could survive this difficulty without getting affected.”
After that, Vera patted her chest gently as she sighed in relief.
“Speaking of this, shouldn’t we be celebrating a little? Second Young Master Kim will be flying back to Seoul in the afternoon. Yn will definitely be lonely tonight.”
“Then, you can go over to her room to keep her company tonight,” Xiao Chennan replied in an assuring manner as he held Vera’s hand.
“Then…what about you?” Vera’s complexion was a little pinkish at this time. in fact, Vera was already ready to take the next step but it seemed as though Xiao Chennan did not catch the hint.
“I…” Xiao Chennan slowly leaned forward towards Vera before he kissed her lips. “I will let you go only after spending quality time with you…”
On the other hand, Yn was learning how to sing the ending theme song for <Mysteries of Heaven> at the moment. She did not feel lonely or bored at all. Although she had been really upset when Taehyung left in the afternoon, she had to deal with it and be strong. This was because she had already set a goal to make as much money as she can within the year so that she could prove her ability to Grandpa Kim. Now that she was so engrossed with work, it seemed as though it was not that difficult for her to be separated from Taehyung.
This was also the reason why Taehyung felt very dissatisfied and discontented.
At this time, the young paparazzo was sitting on the chair directly opposite Yn and he was eating his instant noodles as he listened to Yn humming the song. “Sister Yn, I really think that you sing the song way better than the original singer.”
“Are you trying to get me blacklisted and hated on again?” Yn asked as she glared at the young paparazzo. “Are you a fake fan?”
The young paparazzo was about to answer Yn’s question when he suddenly received an incoming phone call from Jhope.
“ho…Brother Jhope?”
“I could not get through to Vera. I just wanted to inform you that the person who started the rumor about Xiao Chennan is Zheng Zeyang.”
After he was done speaking, Jhope hung up the phone immediately. He was very indifferent and emotionless, and there were no differences between him and a reporting machine.
The young paparazzo hung up the phone before he looked at Yn and said, “Sister Yn, do you know of this guy called Zheng Zeyang? I believe that he has also been selected as one of the contestants vying for the best actor award of the year. However, this is the first time that he has ever been nominated for the award and I think he felt threatened by Brother Nan’s status in the entertainment circle. Perhaps this is the reason why he decided to frame Brother Nan?”
“Does that make him right then?” Yn asked as she sneered. “Pass this information on to Brother Nan. He will know how to handle it on his own. He has already been nominated for every important award ceremony every year. He is probably used to handling such situations.”
“Sister Yn, will you also be facing this kind of situations in future?”
“I have only won the popular artiste award and you are also putting me so high up a pedestal?” Yn replied as she rolled her eyes. The young paparazzo really had a big sense of humor.
Why would Yn not be worthy of a top actress award?
If she wanted to, there was always a possibility.
Seriously…
At this time, the young paparazzo was suddenly curious to find out what Yn was doing since she was so focused on her laptop screen. Therefore, he put down his instant noodles before he walked behind Yn. The young paparazzo was speechless when he saw Yn using a fake social media account to check on the love line between the male and female lead for the gaming version of <Yan Huasu>.
“Since you have already decided to accept the role of the first female lead for the drama, can you have some self-respect?”
“I have self-respect for myself…but that does not mean that I cannot become their fan,” Yn replied immediately.
“It is no wonder that Brother-in-Law’s face is so black nowadays. Sister Yn, don’t you think that you should take some time off to reflect on your attitude? Just the other day, Brother-in-Law travelled thousands of miles just to come and accompany you, and what happened in the end? You were busy filming throughout the entire day and night! If I was Brother-in-Law, I would just disown you immediately.”
“Really?” Yn suddenly felt a little guilty. “Hold on. Director Shen just sent me a job proposal.”
As Vera had recently been preoccupied with Xiao Chennan’s matters, Shen Yichen had offered to help Vera to handle some of the work related to Yn.
Yn opened the email that Shen Yichen sent to her and she immediately forgot that the young paparazzo was talking to her about Taehyung.
“Recently, some of your fans pointed out that you have a pair of very straight and white teeth. Therefore, this has captured the attention of a big automatic toothbrush brand and they have already decided to name you as the ambassador for their new toothbrush collection. Congratulations on your new endorsement contract!”
“Moreover, one of the big brands in the market has recently released a new eye cream. You can also take a look at this endorsement.”
Yn: “If I remember correctly, this brand actually specializes in making hemorrhoid creams?”
“You said that you were short of money!” Shen Yichen replied as he laughed. “Well, I have to tell you that the endorsement fee for this project is almost eight figures!”
Yn was in a dilemma as she was placed in an extremely tough spot.
Taehyung returned to the Kim family mansion as soon as he landed in Seoul.
This was because Grandpa Kim would already be leaving the Kim family mansion and going back to his own private residence in two days’ time. This was the reason why Taehyung decided to spend more time at the Kim family mansion to keep his grandfather company. Anyway, someone had been really busy recently and she did not seem to be missing him a lot these days.
Later that night, Chen Lee saw that Taehyung had a very upset and annoyed frustration expression on his face. Therefore, she approached him slowly before she asked, “Taehyung oppa, did you just come back from T City?”
“Yeah,” Taehyung replied indifferently.
“Yn must be very happy.”
“I don’t think she looked that happy anyway,” Taehyung muttered to himself.
Although he spoke in a very soft voice, Chen Lee could still hear what he just said.
“Yn…must be very poor lately, right? Did she complain about being poor to you?” Chen Lee asked as she looked at Taehyung.
“Poor?” Taehyung replied as he frowned. How could Yn be poor?
“To be honest, Yn and Grandpa had already made a promise to keep this matter between both of them. However, I feel that it would not be such a bad idea to tell you about this. In fact, I think you do not know what she did when she came here for the New Year Eve’s reunion dinner the other night. Yn took the opportunity to talk to Grandpa in private when you were on the second floor on that day.”
At this time, Taehyung widened his eyes in surprised. He was shocked.
“She knelt down before Grandpa and begged him to consider her when he makes any arrangements for another blind date for you in the future. She told him that she had already been in love with you for many years and that she really wanted to be with you. Grandpa was so infuriated that I could hear him yelling at her even though I was not in the room with them. Grandpa also reprimanded her for making such a shameless request.”
“Grandpa was very angry. He said that it would not be morally right for Yn to be involved with you considering the fact that she used to be Kim Suho’s fiancée. Grandpa does not think that Yn is good enough for you but she begged him to give her a chance to prove herself to him. She told him that she really loves you and she will do anything for you. Although I am not sure how she eventually managed to convince Grandpa, I know for certain that Grandpa has not objected to or rejected her at the moment.”
“While you were still asleep the next morning, Grandpa called Sister-in-Law to meet him in the courtyard. Grandpa gave her three conditions that she has to fulfill before he would even consider giving her the chance to be with you. In addition to the three conditions, Yn also have to give all the shares and dividends that she owns in Xiya Hotel and SM Enterprise to Grandpa. Yn agreed to all of Grandpa’s terms because she understands his temper very well. She knew that he would definitely reject the idea and give both of you a hard time if she had refused to do what he had asked her to. That is why she decided to give in and compromise just so she could win over his heart, slowly but surely.”
“Yn has always been a very intelligent girl and sometimes, it feels as though she has the ability to read other people’s minds. That is why she is willing to go all in and sacrifice all that she has to prove her sincerity to Grandpa.”
“oppa, I hope that you will pretend not to know of this matter. I am afraid that Yn will scold me for telling you about it.”
“In fact, this is the reason why she has been so busy with work lately. She has to think of all the possible ways that she could earn more money to prove her ability to Grandpa. So, don’t blame her for not spending a lot of time with you.”
After she was done speaking, Chen Lee could see that the expression in Taehyung’s eyes had already softened. She could not help but smile because she knew that Taehyung would definitely understand the pain and trouble that Yn was going through because of him. Therefore, she turned her wheelchair around and headed to her room so that Taehyung could have some space and private time to think.
At this time, Taehyung suddenly recalled that the little descendant had indeed been acting rather strangely that night.
No wonder.
Although Second Young Master Kim had felt abandoned and lonely for the past few days, he suddenly felt very satisfied and loved at the moment.
It wasn’t that she did not love him but she loved him very much.
Taehyung then received a text message from Yn in the middle of the night: “Taehyung, Taehyung…I received an invitation to become the brand ambassador for a company specializing in hemorrhoid creams. Do you think that I should accept the job offer? Hahaha…”
Taehyung felt very distressed after reading her text message.
He knew that Yn was only texting him because she wanted to test the waters. She wanted to see whether he was still upset at her.
“Accept it!”
“Ah! Ah! You think that I should accept it? I feel that I should accept it too! After all, the endorsement fee is close to eight figures! However, I just feel that I am already starting to itch because it’s a hemorrhoid cream.”
Taehyung was speechless.
“Hehehe. Taehyung, why aren’t you sleeping yet? By the way, I just want you to know that I have not been deliberately ignoring you for the past few days…I feel really bad about it. I was just busy thinking about how I can make more money since I am thinking of enrolling in acting school during the second half of next year.”
She was really good at making up excuses.
“Do you want to see my abs?” Taehyung suddenly suggested out of the blue.
“Yes! Yes! Oh my god. Is this a form of charity?”
“Silly girl.” Only a fool would choose to face his grandfather on her own.
He wondered what his grandfather would feel if he found out that he had already been in love with Yn ever since he was sixteen. Moreover, he loved her so deeply, with all of his heart.
Of course, since the little descendant had already laid out the foundation for both of them, he could start expressing his feelings and intentions to his grandfather then, little by little. He knew that the old man would definitely flip and have a heart attack if he confessed his love for Yn immediately. After all, she was supposed to be his younger sister-in-law…how could his grandfather accept the fact that she would become Taehyung’s wife instead?
Furthermore, Taehyung was the heir and only hope of the Kim family. Therefore, the old man had very high expectations of him.
However, he would never let his little descendant down.
“Hurry up! I want to see your abs. Abs!” Yn quickly urged him.
“Wait for it.” Taehyung got up from the sofa in the living room of the Kim family mansion before he Went into his bedroom. After that, he took off his coat and sweater, leaving only a thin white shirt on himself.
After unbuttoning the top two buttons of his shirt, Taehyung picked up his cell phone before sending Yn a video call request.
At this time, Yn was waiting excitedly and she was already drooling all over her pillow…
Aside from money, the only thing or person that could provide any comfort or solace to Yn right not was none other than Taehyung.
Yn felt that her Taehyung’s abs could attract anyone who caught a glimpse of it.
“Taehyung, cover up and hide your abdominal muscles after showing it to me. I don’t want anyone else to see it. It’s my precious.”
Taehyung could only sigh helplessly as soon as he saw the perverted expression on Yn’s face through the video call. “No one else but you would actually dare to look at my abs.”
Yn could not stop herself from laughing out loud as soon as she heard Taehyung’s words and her laughter sounded so sweet to Taehyung.
“Just wait for me a little longer, Taehyung. I will be able to go back to Seoul during the Spring Lantern Festival.”
“Okay.”
“My dearest Taehyung, it’s time for you to go to bed now. I miss you.” Yn waved reluctantly at Taehyung before she hung up the video call. However, she started to feel an overwhelming sense of loneliness as soon as she hung up.
Yn woke up early the next morning and she got her makeup ready so that she could film her morning scenes alongside Xiao Chennan. As they were both filming their scenes, Xiao Chennan received news that he was once again on the headlines of the entertainment news.
“Hongxin Entertainment, which was the agency in charge of Xiao Chennan, released an article early in the morning today accusing Xiao Chennan of committing ten major crimes during his contractual period…”
Yn felt really anxious and worried for Xiao Chennan when she saw the title of the article. After all, it was not uncommon for an entertainment agency to release this kind of information to keep their artistes under control, in order to ensure their obedience and loyalty to the agency. However, if the information released by the agency proved to be true, it could bring about plenty of damage to the artiste’s reputation and career. Yn had never expected Xiao Chennan’s agency to take things this far.
However, she could not stop herself from laughing as soon as she saw the contents in the article.
Arriving late, leaving early, being out of control, not abiding by all the arrangements made by the company and the biggest ‘crime’ listed in the article was Xiao Chennan’s decision to be in a relationship, which was against the company’s will.
“Does Hongxin Entertainment really take you as an elementary student? Why are they even trying to control your love life?”
“Sister Yn, don’t you know that Brother Nan had always been very disciplined and that he has always maintained a good and clean reputation for the past few years that he has been with the agency? He rarely attends any parties or any events and therefore, it must have been very difficult for the company to find fault with Brother Nan’s attitude and character,” Qing Yan quickly explained. “When the agency realized that they had nothing on Brother Nan, they had to resort to this kind of childish accusations just to get their point across.”
“I believe that all the netizens know about Brother Nan’s entire family history now. He must be the most non-secretive and open celebrity in the entire history of the entertainment industry. It would not be easy for the agency to find anything that they could use against Brother Nan,” Yn replied cheerfully. “Hongxin Entertainment is really stupid. Brother Nan already has the support and the sympathy of the netizens at this time and they are still trying so hard to turn the tides against him. To be honest, Brother Nan does not even need to respond to those accusations at all. He could just wait it out.”
“Hongxin Entertainment is not the stupid one. There is only one person who is particularly stupid in the agency.”
Qing Yan naturally knew who Xiao Chennan was referring to.
Xiao Chennan had originally intended to keep the dirty recording that he had of his conversation with the vice chairman of Hongxin Entertainment to prevent something like this from occurring today. It seemed as though the public relations department had really worked hard to pick out any mistakes that they could find so that they could release that article to condemn him. Wasn’t it clear that the vice chairman was trying to vent his anger and pick on him?
Since this was the case, then there was no need for Xiao Chennan to be polite or gracious anymore. He could just send a copy of the recording to the chairman of Hongxin Entertainment.
Xiao Chennan had also attached his own terms and conditions alongside the recording of the conversation. “Firstly, I will not pursue this matter if you dismiss the vice chairman from his position with immediate effect. Secondly, the agency will let me go as long as I pay double the penalty for breaking the employment contract.”
When the chairman of Hongxin Entertainment heard the voice recording later that morning, his face was flushed red with anger and he rushed into the vice chairman’s office immediately. The chairman gave the vice chairman a tight slap across his face in front of the vice chairman’s secretary before he yelled at him to get lost three times!
After all, what was more important? Xiao Chennan or the company’s reputation?
The chairman of Hongxin Entertainment subsequently withdrew the article that had been released by the public relations department and he agreed to Xiao Chennan’s terms for the immediate termination of his employment contract.
However, the chairman could not stop Hongxin Entertainment from becoming a laughing stock because of its actions against Xiao Chennan.
Xiao Chennan also expressed his idea and dream of establishing his own agency but he did not have a reliable team to rely on after leaving Hongxin Entertainment.
At this time, Yn suddenly thought of an amazing idea. “Brother Nan, you can ask Vera to approach Park Media to request for a collaboration on your behalf. This way, you can create your agency under Park Media.”
Xiao Chennan turned around to look at Vera, who was sitting not too far away. His eyes lit up as soon as he saw her.
“Sister Yn, what is Sister Vera doing? She looks so busy,” Qing Yan, who was standing beside both of them, could not help but ask Yn.
“She is helping someone manage his reputation and his fan base,” Yn replied as she rolled her eyes. “Brother Nan, do you know that someone has seriously neglected her own duties and responsibilities recently just because she is busy dealing with your issues? I had to come out and negotiate my own contract. If you successfully create your agency under Park Media, I believe that I will definitely lose my exclusive agent for good.”
“Sister Yn, I heard that you signed an endorsement contract to become the ambassador for a hemorrhoid cream?” Qing Yan asked as she tried to hold back his laughter.
“Take that back! I am endorsing an eye cream! Eye cream! I am not endorsing any hemorrhoid creams!”
“But that brand specializes in…”
“Are you still saying it?” Yn asked as she glared at Qing Yan.
“What I wanted to say is…no matter what you are endorsing, I will definitely make sure that I get my entire family to support you. Moreover, that would be good for travels, right?”
Yn was speechless.
Get lost already.
Yn suddenly regretted taking on the endorsement contract. If Qing Yan was already laughing and making fun of her because of the contract, then how would the Ginger Candies react when they found out about it? They would never let her off so easily. Gosh. Why did it have to pay so well?
In a few days’ time, it would already be the fifteenth of the month, which was when the Spring Lantern Festival was. Yn was very focused on filming her scenes and ensuring she got it right because she had to make it back to Seoul for a recording with the television station.
The news that she was going to be the ambassador for a certain brand also started spreading quickly.
The Ginger Candies were all surprised and in disbelief when they heard the news.
[Empress Lee is really very special. She does not take any of the usual paths that all the other celebrities have. She is really a very unique person.]
[Is Empress Lee really that short of resources? I thought that she would definitely be signing contracts with plenty of high-end and first-line brands. In the end, she became the ambassador of a hemorrhoid cream…]
[Correction! Correction! Empress Lee is the ambassador for a truly gentle anti-wrinkle eye cream that is developed specially for Asian skin!]
[Stop trying to make it sound nice. She is still the ambassador for an eye cream that is developed by a brand specializing in a hemorrhoid cream!]
[Hurry up and wake me up! Tell me that this is not true and that this is all just a dream. I really do not know how to reply if Empress Lee is really the ambassador of a hemorrhoid cream.]
[I don’t know why but I just feel like laughing when I think about this.]
[Hahaha! Me too. I am laughing so much that I feel that my stomach is already hurting. Why is Empress Lee endorsing a brand like this?]
[A brand like this? Do you know that this brand is used by so many people from all around the world? It is actually a household brand!]
After that, the Ginger Candies finally accepted Yn’s new endorsement contract with an open mind. Besides that, one of the more creative fans had also created an ancient style comic figure of Yn, which featured the particular brand that she was endorsing.
This drawing was eventually liked and featured on the official webpage of the brand. They thanked the party involved: “Congratulations to this fan for the beautiful artwork that you have created for our new ambassador. As a way to thank you, we would like to gift you one full set of all of our available products.”
Wow! This fan would definitely be receiving hemorrhoid cream!
Very soon, it was already the day of the Spring Lantern Festival. Yn departed from T City and she was on the plane back to Seoul.
As her itinerary was public this time, the Ginger Candies had rushed to the airport so they could pick Empress Lee up and say hello to her as soon as she landed. This was because Yn did not have a lot of activities lately. Therefore, the Ginger Candies had wanted to take advantage of all the opportunities that they had to see her.
Yn was wearing an orange pullover jumper, paired with a black sweater on the inside and a pair of black denim jeans on her lower body. She was wearing brown floral martin boots and she had a very beautiful and warm aura surrounding her. Even though it was a very simple outfit, Yn still looked incredibly dazzling.
“Yn, Yn, our star is coming; Ginger Candies, Ginger Candies, supporting you always!”
This was the slogan that the Ginger Candies were chanting as they waited for Yn to walk out of the arrival hall. At this time, Yn felt that this was the first time the Ginger Candies had been so serious.
Although it was a very simple slogan and it felt as though the Ginger Candies had been a bit lazy to come up with a creative one, Yn liked it because she knew that this was the true temperament of her fans.
However, after walking a few steps out of the arrival hall, someone started to create trouble by yelling at Yn: “Hey, Miss Y/n! Are you wearing autumn pants already?”
After listening to the question, all the Ginger Candies started bursting out in laughter.
Yn stopped in her tracks and she replied immediately in a cheerful manner, “Do you really need to ask? Hurry up, go home and put on your fancy autumn pants too! I will check!”
“Okay!”
“Your wish is my command!”
“I am going to head straight to the location for my rehearsals right now. None of the Ginger Candies are allowed to chase after my car! It’s still so cold outside. If I see any of you chasing after my car, I will strangle you!”
“Don’t worry. We are all fake fans. It is so cold outside, we will not risk being out in the cold just because of you!”
“Exactly! How are we going to chase after your car anyway? We are all poor fans. We walked all the way to the airport today.”
All the Ginger Candies started laughing again. At this time, even the passers-by were intrigued because it was indeed rare for actresses such as Yn to be able to interact in such a friendly and joyous manner with fans at the airport. Yn suddenly thought back to when she had arrived at the arrival hall at the airport a few years back. In the past, she had a lot of haters and thus, the reporters and haters would always be waiting for her to take ugly and unglamorous pictures of her.
It was from then onwards that Yn made up her mind to learn how to coordinate her outfits and ensure that she had a great fashion sense. She had to make sure that no matter what surprises the reporters and haters sprung on her, she would still look good in the pictures.
Moreover, it was precisely because the Ginger Candies were now all true and loyal fans that Yn cherished every opportunity that she had to interact with the Ginger Candies, no matter how short the duration.
After getting into Vera’s car, Yn took out her cell phone before sending Taehyung a text message: “Take a nice warm bath tonight and wait for me to come home! Hehehe…”
“I’ll pick you up.” Taehyung replied briefly.
Shen Yichen was the one to make the decision for Yn to debut her singing skills on stage for the television program. He had intentionally chosen Seoul as the location because he believed that Yn would be less nervous as this was a familiar territory, and secondly, it would be more convenient for Shen Yichen to follow up on any possible collaborations following the performance. Lastly, even though this television station was not the top in the country, they had always maintained a good image and reputation in the entertainment industry.
After entering the backstage, Yn realized that the production crew and staff were all extremely polite towards her.
“Hello, Teacher Lee…”
“Nice to meet you, Teacher Lee…”
Yn would never have dreamt of it in the past, but now, someone was actually addressing her as a teacher?
After slacking for the past few days, Vera finally remembered that she was Yn’s exclusive agent and she started taking care of her again.
“There will be another female artiste who will be coming over shortly to join you as your partner for the day. She is Nan Yan, an actress who has recently starred in a drama that is quite popular on the Internet. Both of you will be taking a classical dance and choreography class later in the evening,” Vera quickly update Yn.
“Okay, I got it.” Yn replied as she waved her hand.
“You must be hungry already. I’ll go downstairs and find you something to eat.” After that, Vera left the dressing room and left Yn behind on her own.
As Vera was asking one of the production crew for directions to the cafeteria, she overheard someone talking about Yn.
“I heard that Yn even accepted an endorsement contract for a hemorrhoid cream! How desperate is she? Why would she even accept such endorsements?”
“Perhaps…she doesn’t think that it is embarrassing to accept such jobs. The label that she seems to put on herself is that she does not take the usual career path that other artistes do. Maybe that is what her fans like her for…”
“Aside from , which is actually still bearable, what other work does Yn has to prove her worth and talent anyway? I don’t think that she is that capable or talented. That’s why I think that the hemorrhoid cream is tailor-made for her.”
After listening to the other parties’ discussion, Vera had wanted to approach them to correct their thinking. However, she refrained when doing so when she realized that the other party was also part of the cast for the television program.
Vera was not afraid, but she did not want to cause any trouble for Yn. Furthermore, she was also a representative of Xiao Chennan’s image now.
Vera held her breath and she headed into the cafeteria to buy lunch for Yn before returning to the dressing room.
At this time, Yn’s partner, Nan Yan, had already arrived at the dressing room.
When Vera glanced at the other party, she realized that she was the same girl who was mocking Yn earlier.
Were all these young children nowadays double faced?
Vera saw that the young girl was sitting next to Yn with her legs crossed and she did not seem to show any interest in being here at all. What was she waiting for? Was she expecting Yn to greet her first?
“Yn, your lunch.” Vera was extremely annoyed and she ignored the girl who was sitting next to Yn. After placing the lunchbox in front of Yn, Vera asked in a low voice, “When did she come in?”
Yn thought for a short moment before she shook her head. “I don’t know.”
“Does that mean that she did not greet you at all?”
“No.” Yn replied as she laughed lightly.
“Just ignore her then. I have also bought you some durians…”
Before Vera could finish her sentence, the girl who was named Nan Yan quickly pinched her nose before she said, “Sister Yn, I am so sorry but I really cannot tolerate the smell of durians. I hope that you will be more considerate towards the people around you.”
Yn glanced at the other party before she handed the packet of durians back to Vera. “Keep it for me first. I will have it tonight when I am hungry.”
In fact, Yn was very puzzled at the young girl’s attitude. She was still so young and she was clearly a junior in the entertainment industry. Didn’t her agency teach her how to control her temper, especially in front of her seniors?
A short while later, Nan Yan’s assistant came into the waiting room with plenty of food for Nan Yan. After greeting Yn, Nan Yan’s assistant placed the food in front of her before she said, “You can eat now.”
“Didn’t I tell you that I can’t eat any spicy food when I am on my period? How can you still buy all the wrong food for me?”
“And you are asking me to drink cold water when I am having my period? Are you trying to sabotage me by making me ill? You want me to be in pain? Will you go on stage on my behalf tonight?”
The young assistant stood at the side with a pitiful expression on her face as Nan Yan continued to reprimand her.
Yn and Vera exchanged glances with one another and they could immediately tell that Nan Yan was a very arrogant and spoiled child.
At this time, Vera quickly Went online to do some research.
It turned out that Nan Yan did have a solid background. Otherwise, she would not have been able to partner up with someone as popular as Yn tonight.
Nan Yan was the younger sister of the owner of a rather big entertainment agency and her brother was particularly willing to spend and allocate all their resources to her.
Just because you have an older brother?
Yn also had not one, but also have husband!
Vera finally figured out why this young girl was brave enough to speak ill of Yn in public earlier. It was all because of her background.
“Go out and buy me some other food now.”
The young assistant wiped the tears off her face before she ran out of the dressing room. At this time, Nan Yan ran her fingers through her braid before she said to Yn, “Sorry, Senior. Did I cause any disturbance to you?”
Oh my!
She was really a little b*tch!
“Since you know that you are causing a disturbance, then you should be more considerate and be a little quieter,” Yn reminded Nan Yan as she smiled.
“You…” Nan Yan froze for a moment because she had never expected Yn to actually have the guts to talk back at her. Did she not know who her brother was? Had Yn actually dared to offend her so casually?
Furthermore, Nan Yan’s father was also a very well-known director in the entertainment circle. Was Yn no longer interested in being involved in the entertainment industry?
What was even more important was the fact that the production team actually gave Yn the opportunity to collaborate with her for this performance. Did Yn not know how to be grateful at all?
Did Yn not know the consequences of offending her?
“Vera, please consult with the production team immediately. I might not want to share the stage with Miss Nan over here.”
“Yn, I am the one who does not want to share a stage with you, an ambassador for a hemorrhoid cream! Don’t you feel embarrassed at all? I am calling my brother now.” After that, the young girl with braided hair took out her cell phone before she called her brother to complain.
Yn shook her head in disbelief before she motioned for Vera to leave with a nudge. “Go.”
“This child needs to be taught a lesson,” Vera sneered.
Even if Nan Yan had a king in her house, she would never be able to compete with Yn’s king.
Not to mention the fact that Yn also had her brother to support her.
Jhope was also the kind of overprotective brother who would do anything for his younger sister.
Very soon, the production team came over to try and resolve the dispute and disagreement between Nan Yan and Yn. After all, it would not be good for the production team to offend either one of them. However, no matter how hard they tried, both Nan Yan and Yn refused to collaborate with each other.
As for Nan Yan…
It was none of Yn’s business anymore.
Amazingly, after making a phone call to her brother, Nan Yan eventually returned to the dressing room accompanied by her assistant.
“I will not apologize to her! Do you think that I am afraid of her?” Nan Yan said as she sat down on the chair with her arms crossed in front of her chest. She was extremely furious.
“Well, I also…do not want you to apologize in the heat of the moment,” Yn replied as she grinned.
Yn inferred that Nan Yan had just been reprimanded by her brother when she called him earlier. After all, no matter how much resources her brother could offer her, Nan Yan could not compete against Yn’s popularity and fame at the moment. That was the main reason why Nan Yan’s brother had wanted her to partner with Yn in the first place. Initially, Yn would not mind if Nan Yan used her popularity to draw some attention to herself, but Yn changed her mind as soon as she saw the type of person that Nan Yan was.
“Yn!” Nan Yan was completely irritated at this point and she got up from her chair and yelled at Yn. “Do you really think that I care about performing beside you? Who do you think you are? How can you be so shameless? You have so little work to represent yourself and you achieved your success simply because of a variety program. Do you really think that you will be able to rely on variety programs for the rest of your life? You don’t have the acting skills and you don’t have any talents at all! All of your fans must be blind to support you!”
“Well, just look at this miserable and arrogant young lady who is so angry right now. Yes, I agree and admit to all of the points that you have just mentioned but the main point is…I do not depend or rely on my family members to get me ahead in my career. If you did not have a brother who is willing to spend all that money to allocate all the resources to you, then where would you be? Who would you be without your brother?” Yn asked the other party. “However, you do not need to prove yourself to me. I do not care who you are or what your identity is. I do not want to collaborate with you tonight. You can feel free to leave anytime you want.”
“I will also sing on my own then,” Nan Yan snorted in retaliation. “I have never wanted to collaborate or work with you anyway. If not for my brother, I would never have stepped into this dressing room at all. I feel sick just by looking at your face. It seems as though the hemorrhoid cream that you are endorsing is really very suitable for you. I hope that you will never be able to get any decent endorsement contracts in your lifetime!”
When the production team realized that there was no way to resolve the issue between the two parties, they had no choice but to turn to plan B instead because Nan Yan’s bad temper and attitude was really very disgusting.
Vera was also feeling very frustrated and agitated at this moment but Yn stopped her from losing her temper. “We do not need to waste any time on people with such a personality or character. Anyway, if her brother or father do not know how to educate her well, then one day…there will definitely be someone who will teach her a lesson then. Just wait and see.”