Chapter 31

"My husband is still the best..."

Yn was moved to tears.

Taehyung watched as Yn gobbled down the food greedily, as if she had been starving all along. "Slow down. Eat slowly."

Both of them had already decided to take a different route down the mountain today. The route that they had planned on taking would be on the opposite side of the mountain. This side of the mountain would challenge both of them physically as they make their way down.

After eating her breakfast, Yn quickly cleaned up before she grabbed her backpack and followed after Taehyung.

Yn had initially thought that hiking down the mountain would be easier with Taehyung, but she was wrong. Taehyung stuck to his promise and was very strict with her.

His footsteps were way quicker in comparison to Jhope's and at this time, he was like an emotionless machine.

Yn's feet were full of blisters from the hike and her feet began to hurt because she had to walk faster to catch up with Taehyung.

However, despite her pain, Yn did not complain at all but she merely followed after Taehyung quietly.

Eventually, both of them came upon a river and there was no way for them to get across.

Taehyung took his backpack off before he passed it to Yn. He then pointed at a large rock by the river bank and said, "Go there and rest for a little while."

"What about you?"

"I am going to cut down a tree to make a bridge," Taehyung replied briefly before he took a survival knife out from his boots.

"I will go with you," Yn responded before she placed her backpack down and ran after Taehyung.

"You do not need to use a lot of force or strength to do it."

"I got it," Yn replied confidently. This was because Jhope had already taught her how to use her intelligence instead of strength to obtain wood in the wild.

However, she was really weak in comparison to Taehyung.

In this aspect, all men were naturally stronger than women. Yn thought that it was very unfair.

After a short while, they had already chopped down five tree trunks to make into a bridge. Taehyung used his survival knife to scrape one of the barks of the tree trunk before using it to tie the five trunks tightly together. Then, he placed the tree trunk across the river.

"Let's go," Taehyung said as he kept his survival knife and signaled for Yn to follow after him. However, at this time he suddenly noticed that Yn's shoes were already soaking wet and that her ankles were red and swollen.

Though he had already promised to be strict with her, he could not help but to feel his heart ache when he saw her ankles.

Therefore he crouched down in front of her before he said, "Sit on my lap."

"It is okay...my shoes will dry on its own later."

Taehyung grabbed Yn and sat her on his lap before he removed her soaking shoes from her feet and started examining her ankles.

"You should not be wearing your shoes when it is soaking wet like this." After that, Taehyung looked around him before he sat Yn down on a rock. "Sit here and wait for a moment. We will dry your shoes before we start walking again. I will also use this opportunity to teach you how to dry your shoes more effectively in the wild."

After speaking, Taehyung went around collecting pebbles to build a simple cooker in order to boil some water with some smaller rocks in it.

After the water started boiling, Taehyung use two sticks to pick up the hot stones before placing them into Yn's shoes.