Chapter 52

"But Yn, what happened? Why are you making all these weird decisions just because I did not bother to check in on you for the past few days? Why did you sign the endorsement contract with the brand that specializes in hemorrhoid creams? You are a very popular first line artiste right now so you can actually target more classy and elegant endorsements. What is going on in your mind?" Vera asked as she was really puzzled.
All Yn cared about after spending New Year's Eve at the Kim family mansion was how and what she could do to earn more money.
Vera knew that the endorsement fee for the eye cream was very rewarding because she had seen the proposal before she was busy with Xiao Chennan's matter. However, Vera would never have expected Yn to sign the endorsement contract just because of the high endorsement fee.
"If you did not sign that endorsement contract, you would not be criticized by a young kid right now."
"Well, I think that it's good for us to promote domestic products," Yn replied as she laughed. "And Vera...if Brother Nan is really going to start his agency under Park Media, then he will need all the help and support from people that he can trust and rely on. I think that you are the best candidate for that."
"I..." Vera froze for a moment because she did not expect these words to come out of Yn's mouth.
In fact, Vera had thought about this before but she had her own principles that she decided to abide by. Since she was Yn's exclusive agent, then of course, she should place her focus on Yn because that was her priority.
"You do not need to feel sorry and you do not need to feel as though you let me down. At this point in time, Brother Nan definitely needs you more than I do since my career is already on the right track at the moment. Moreover, you can rest assured because Director Shen will be here with me to keep me on track. Of course, I am only loaning you to him temporarily and you have to come back to me as soon as Brother Nan settles down."
Vera was so touched and speechless and she felt as though she was choking from holding back her tears.
Both Vera and Xiao Chennan really owed Yn too much.
Later, at half past seven that night.
Since it was the Spring Lantern Festival, the Kim family also hung red lanterns all over the courtyard. The Kim family will also be having a family reunion dinner tonight.
During dinner, Kim Jingqi was holding a rice bowl as he sat down in the living room to watch the live broadcast of the Spring Lantern Festival on television. He was extremely excited because Chen Lee had told him that Yn would be performing on television that night.
For the first time ever, Grandpa Kim broke one of the rules of the Kim family and he allowed his grandson to sit in front of the noisy television as he ate his dinner out of pity for his grandson. He wanted to dote on him and he wanted him to be happy.
"Jingqi really seem to like that young girl, Yn," Third Uncle Kim said to the old man as they both stared helplessly at Kim Jingqi, who was sitting in front of the television. "Jingqi would even quarrel with me when it comes to matters involving Yn."
Grandpa Kim turned around and looked at his grandson again and he felt a sense of warmth and comfort in his heart.
"I will ask Seokjin to arrange for a brain examination for Jingqi after the New Year," Taehyung suddenly spoke up at this time. Although his third uncle had already brought Kim Jingqi all over the world to search for the best brain doctors without any positive news at all, Taehyung did not want to give up just like that.
"Yes. Taehyung, Jingqi is your younger brother. When your grandfather and I grow even older, you will have to take care of and look out for him in future. However, I believe that what your grandfather is most worried about at the moment is still your lifelong happiness. Taehyung, tell me the truth. Is there anyone that you like right now?" Third Uncle Kim asked as he naturally redirected the topic of the conversation over to Taehyung.
After listening to his son's question, Grandpa Kim initially thought that Taehyung would avoid the question. Therefore, he rolled his eyes as he continued eating his dinner but at this time, Taehyung unexpectedly answered in a serious tone.
"Yes."
"Whose child is it? Which family is she from? How old is she? What is her name?" the old man asked as he widened his eyes in surprise. "Hurry up and tell me. Stop keeping me in suspense already."
"She is already married," Taehyung added another sentence in a softer voice.
"I knew that I would never be able to get a good answer out of you, Taehyung. I am warning you right now, don't you dare to get involved in someone else's marriage. I will never allow it," the old man said as he slammed his hands on the dining table. "I don't care what it takes, but you have to forget about her and let her go even if you like her very much."
Taehyung smiled but he did not reply at all.
However, at this time, Grandpa Kim suddenly felt very frustrated and anxious.
"Taehyung, are you really in love with a married woman?"
Taehyung remained silent without replying.
"No! I will not allow this. I am going to arrange a blind date for you immediately but there are really not many options for you to choose from right now. The only girl that I know of who comes from a good family background and has a good upbringing is Yn..." The old man felt a little regretful as soon as he mentioned Yn's name but at the very least, Yn was single and he had watched her grow up ever since she was a young girl. "Taehyung...would you like to...consider Yn?"
"Dad, what are you talking about? Yn was supposed to be Taehyung's younger sister-in-law before the engagement was annulled!" At this time, Third Uncle Kim could not help but remind the old man about Yn's prior status as Kim Suho's fiancée.
"What younger sister-in-law? Is he even a descendant of the Kim family?" Grandpa Kim retorted immediately.
"But no matter what it is, wouldn't it be...a little too awkward?"
"Alright then. I have already decided. Since you grew up together with Yn, it would not be that difficult for you to contact her, right? Take some time to get rid of all the distractions in your heart, then you can try to build a connection with Yn. Taehyung, do you want me to make some calls so that I can create some opportunities for you? You are so busy at work, being cooped up in the national defense building every day, and that girl, Yn is so busy filming all the time. When will you two have the time to go out on a date? Why am I feeling so anxious right now?"
Chen Lee, who was sitting at the dining table, was trying really hard to hold back her smile.
Taehyung was really too witty.
He knew exactly what to do to make the old man feel anxious enough.
This was because Grandpa Kim would never allow any of his descendants, especially Taehyung, to get involved in any scandals that would tarnish the Kim family's reputation.
"Yn? Don't you think that she is too young?" Taehyung asked indifferently.
"I am not asking both of you to get married now. I am asking you two to start dating for one or two years. Get to know each other better. In two years, you will be thirty years old and that would be the perfect time for both of you to start a family."
"Grandpa, in fact, Yn is currently in Seoul tonight. She will be staying at the hotel after performing for the Spring Lantern Festival live on television," Chen Lee quickly took the opportunity to assist Taehyung at this time.
"Go...stop eating already. Go and bring her back here!" Grandpa Kim said as he grabbed Taehyung's chopsticks and started nudging him to move. "Don't bother coming home if you do not bring her back with you tonight."
"Grandpa...Yn has her own plans tonight..."
"Well, then add yourself into her plans for the night. Go now!"
Taehyung had really given Grandpa Kim a scare when he said that he was in love with a married woman. Grandpa Kim could not help but shudder at the thought of a member of the Kim family being involved in such an ugly scandal such as this.
In fact, Grandpa Kim was originally very dissatisfied with Yn.
He felt that she was way too young for Taehyung, she was not highly educated, and to make matters even more complicated, she was involved in the entertainment industry. There were many things that made him feel very uncomfortable but these were things that he could still resolve in the future. However, if Taehyung really got involved in someone else's marriage, then that would be the end of it.
"Are you not leaving yet?"
Taehyung looked at the time on his watch before he sighed out loud. After that, he stood up and greeted the people who were sitting at the dining table.
"Third Uncle, I'll excuse myself first."
"Go ahead."
The few of them watched as Taehyung walked out of the front door. At this time, Third Uncle Kim, who was holding onto a pair of chopsticks, turned around and asked Grandpa Kim, "Dad, don't you think that you are putting Taehyung in a very tough spot? If he really had any interest or feelings for Yn, he would not have waited so long to ask her out."
"I am not entirely satisfied with Yn too, but I want to give them the opportunity to try and date one another. Otherwise, do you really want to see Taehyung getting involved in someone else's marriage? I think that the best decision right now is to give Taehyung and Yn the opportunity to get to know one another and try dating for one year first."
After all, even if Taehyung really did end up with Yn in the end, Grandpa Kim would definitely make sure that he polishes that girl up nicely.
He would never allow Taehyung's woman, the future young mistress of the Kim family, to be so casual.
Moreover, he had to take advantage of this time to determine that young girl's true intentions and determine if she truly had a pure and genuine heart.
Chen Lee did not dare to smile or laugh from the beginning to the end and she kept pinching her own arm until it turned red just so that she could hold back her laughter.
Taehyung really knew exactly how to deal with their grandfather.
On the other hand, the live television broadcast for the Spring Lantern Festival was proceeding in an orderly manner at the television station.
Since Yn and Nan Yan could not come to an agreement, their programs were also completely broken up into two separate performances.
"Sister Yn, it's almost time for you to come and get ready to go on stage," the backstage crew urged Yn.
At this time, Yn was wearing a white tulle dress and her hair was tied up in a Korean-style braid. She was wearing a pair of star-shaped diamond earrings and she looked really dazzling in person despite the simple outfit.
"Good luck!" Vera cheered for Yn.
Vera believed that Yn would definitely be able to do well during her singing debut tonight.
"Don't worry," Yn assured Vera as she followed the production crew backstage to get ready to make her entrance.
At this time, many fans who had not spent time watching such television broadcasts were all camped in front of their television to watch Yn's performance.
When Yn finally appeared on the smoke stage with a microphone in her hand, the Ginger Candies almost Went crazy with excitement!
[Oh my god! Sister Yn's face is really too beautiful! I feel like crying because this is so unbelievable.]
[I think I am going to die from a heart attack soon.]
[I don't care anymore. I am going to get Yn to sleep with me tonight! This woman is playing around with my heart and making me feel faint all the time!]
[I would never have expected Yn to be able to sing so well when she is already so beautiful. She can even sing <Coming Wind>, the ending theme song of <Mysteries of Heaven>, so well. Ahh...I am suddenly reminded of Lin Ping'er. Sob sob...]
[I have no doubts that Yn used to study music!]
[Holding Hearts! Holding Hearts! Sing Holding Hearts!]
After listening to Yn's live performance of 'Coming Wind', the host really asked Yn to remain on stage to continue singing 'Holding Hearts' for the audience.
[Sob. I have already been Yn's fan for so long and tonight, I am really very pleased and captivated by her performance. Oh my. I believe all the Ginger Candies are as happy as I am.]
[Our Sister Yn is literally glowing on stage! Sigh. I cannot bring myself to call her Empress Lee anymore when she is clearly a fairy!]
The audience were still in awe after Yn finished singing the two songs. They could not believe that Yn could sing so beautifully even though she has not been involved in music for so many years.
She was really a singer at heart.
If she did not go into acting but debuted as a singer instead, Yn would definitely have had a much easier career path.
At this point, Yn was also greatly satisfied to have been able to perform and sing two songs for the audience without taking a break.
Yn really enjoyed the feeling of being worshipped and admired by the crowd of audience. After all, no matter what it was, she was still a highly sought-after artiste.
The situation was not so good for Nan Yan on the other hand. This was because her singing skills were very basic and general. Initially, Yn was supposed to guide and lead Nan Yan on stage so that she could actually shine alongside Yn, but Nan Yan had lost the golden opportunity to shine because her arrogance had gotten the better of her. After Nan Yan was done singing her first song, the response from the audience was mediocre and only a few members of the audience actually bothered to applaud for her.
Nan Yan was very angry and annoyed when she stepped off stage and she went back to the dressing room that she shared with Yn earlier because her clothes were still inside. Moreover, she had intended to pick a fight with Yn again. However, when Nan Yan entered the dressing room, she realized that both Yn and Vera had already packed their belongings and left before her.
A short while later, a loud scream was heard from the dressing room...
One of the production crew rushed into the dressing room immediately after he heard the screaming. At this time, he saw Nan Yan's assistant holding onto Nan Yan's foot because Nan Yan had stepped on an iron nail and it was stuck to the sole of her foot. She was bleeding profusely and the blood continued flowing...
"Pain...it hurts. It really hurts..."
The production crew member was so shocked at the scene that he was witnessing and he Went pale immediately. After regaining his senses, he quickly called for an ambulance.
At this time, Nan Yan was holding on tightly to her assistant's clothes and she kept urging her assistant to call her brother on her behalf, "Yn did this. It must be Yn! This is the dressing room that I am sharing with Yn. No one else was in this room!"
"Okay, Nan Yan. I heard you. I promise that I will definitely call the chairman as soon as I can, but let's go to the hospital to get you treated first..."
...
At this time, Yn and Vera had just seen Second Young Master Kim's black car parked close to the television station.
"I will drive the car back on my own. I will not disturb both of you any longer," Vera said as she waved her hand at Yn. The both of them were totally unaware of the situation that had just transpired at the backstage of the television station.
Yn closed the car door before she waved goodbye at Vera.
This was a really rare occasion. Taehyung had actually personally driven today. In order to avoid being photographed or tailed by the paparazzi, Yn signaled for Taehyung to drive off immediately.
"Taehyung, why are you here so early to wait for me?"
"I am acting under a command," Taehyung replied as he raised his brow at her.
"Ah? Who gave you the command?"
Taehyung smiled at Yn but he did not reply to her question. He started driving and just as they were about to turn into the Kim family mansion, Taehyung parked the car by the side of the road before he turned around and held Yn in his arms before he started kissing her on the lips.
"Taehyung...what is going on?" Yn asked Taehyung in a curious manner as she wiped off the lipstick that was smudged on her face.
"During dinner earlier, Third Uncle asked me if there is anyone that I liked and I said yes."
Yn's heart started beating uncontrollably at this time. Did he...
"After that, Grandpa asked me about the woman's identity and I said...that she is already married. After I said that, Grandpa urged me to come out and pick you up immediately. He also wants me to develop a good relationship with you so that we can start dating officially."
"What?" Yn was pleasantly surprised and she widened her eyes and smiled when she heard Taehyung's explanation. "Don't tell me that Grandpa was afraid that you would get involved in someone else's marriage?"
"Nine times out of ten, yes."
"Taehyung, why are you so treacherous? Is it really okay for you to scare Grandpa so much?"
"So, I get to be with you officially now and we do not need to hide in front of my family anymore..."
After listening to Taehyung, Yn sat up straight before she hugged Taehyung and said, "Taehyung, how are you so smart?"
"You can sleep over at the Kim family mansion tonight. I would also like to know how it feels like to be match made by the elders in the family."
Yn could still vividly remember what it felt like when Grandpa had match made and decided on her engagement to Kim Suho in the past.
Taehyung was really very sharp-minded and he was still taking it to heart.
However, Yn could not deny that a jealous Taehyung was the cutest Taehyung to her.
Very soon, the black car drove into the Kim family mansion. Yn did not expect to return to this place so soon.
At this time, Yn thought to herself that she should pretend that she had a crush on Taehyung in front of the elders later.
Moreover, Taehyung had a cold expression on his face as usual.
Yn felt that this was going to be very fun indeed.
"Miss Y/n, you are finally here," the butler quickly opened the car door for Yn as soon as they arrived in front of the door.
"Sorry to trouble you, Butler."
"It is no trouble at all."
Yn turned around to look at Taehyung, who had just entered through the front door.
After entering the door, Yn saw Chen Lee smiling at her and both of them winked at one another as they shared a secret.
"Young girl, you are her," Grandpa Kim said as he felt a little calmer and less anxious after seeing Yn entering the house. Fortunately, Taehyung and Yn were childhood friends that grew up together. Grandpa Kim knew that if he tried to match make Taehyung with anyone else, Taehyung would not have bothered to act on his command at all.
Why did this little brat have to fall in love with a married woman?
Sigh.
This was injustice.
When Grandpa Kim thought about this, he suddenly felt a little more enthusiastic about Yn.
"Come and sit down here with me, Yn." Yn walked over to Grandpa Kim. At this time, Taehyung was just about to head upstairs to his room when Grandpa Kim stopped him in his tracks. "Taehyung, I want you to come here and sit down too."
Taehyung felt a little helpless, yet he had no choice but to sit down next to Kim Jingqi.
Yn sat down obediently beside the old man without asking any questions at all.
"Yn...tell Grandpa honestly. What do you think of your Taehyung?"
"Ah...what do I think of Taehyung? I think that he is really very handsome and extraordinary, and he is definitely the best person in the entire world!" Yn replied as she gave Taehyung a thumbs up while singing praises about him.
"Then...do you like him?"
"Of course! Both of us grew up together..." Yn continued replying in a naïve manner. After all, the old man was the one who came up with the rule stating that she was not allowed to give Taehyung any hints at all.
"I am not referring to that kind of liking or feelings! I am saying...if I allowed...both of you to date and start a relationship...will you want to?" the old man replied in an anxious manner.
Wow! Grandpa Kim was unexpectedly so direct tonight.
It seemed as though Taehyung's proclamation of love for a married woman had really scared Grandpa Kim out of his wits.
"Well, that...that...depends on what Taehyung thinks about this matter," Yn replied in a shy manner.
"Don't bother about him. Just tell me if you want it. He has no right to make any decisions in this matter..."
Yn was dumbstruck.
"Grandpa, instead of asking Yn what she feels about Taehyung, why don't you give both of them some space to talk to one another and try to get to know each other better? Don't you know that girls will definitely feel very embarrassed when you ask them such questions in such a direct manner?" Chen Lee quickly came to the rescue at this time. "After all, Yn has been so busy in the entertainment industry and Taehyung is always working late at the defense building. I believe that the both of them will have plenty of stories and experiences to share with the other party. Why don't you give them some time to understand each other better?"
"Yes, yes, yes. Lee, you are right. Okay then, both of you can go upstairs and have a good chat tonight. Don't come downstairs tonight. Taehyung, I will not let you off the hook if you dare make Yn angry tonight."
Taehyung did not say a single word and he had a cold and indifferent expression on his face the entire time. After listening to his grandfather's words, he got up from the sofa and started walking up the stairs.
"Go, stinky girl. Didn't you say that you like him? I will give you a chance to prove yourself. As long as you can win his heart over and get Taehyung to fall for you, then I will definitely approve of your relationship with him," Grandpa Kim urged Yn at this time.
"Then, should I go after him now?"
"Hurry up. Stop talking nonsense over here. I am already feeling so anxious and worried."
After that, Little Fox Lee followed quietly behind Taehyung until they entered his study on the third floor.
As soon as the both of them closed the door behind them, Yn sat down on Taehyung's lap before she wrapped her arms around his neck.
Taehyung placed his hand around her waist before he whispered in his low voice, "So, does it feel good to be able to stay in my room without hiding anymore?"
"Of course! It is amazing!" Yn then held Taehyung's face in her hands before she started kissing him. "Sob. Sob. Taehyung, I have missed you so much. I want to kiss you."
However, just as both of them were starting to get intimate, Yn's cell phone started ringing. Yn gasped before she patted Taehyung's chest. "Taehyung, I need to answer the call first. Taehyung, my phone..."
Taehyung let go off her before he took her cell phone out of her handbag. When he saw the caller ID on the phone, Taehyung answered the call immediately. "What's the matter?"
Vera was initially very anxious and worried but as soon as she heard Taehyung's voice on the other end of the line, she calmed herself down before she replied in a serious tone, "Second Young Master Kim, something major happened. Could you please pass the phone over to Yn?"
Taehyung thought for a moment before he handed the cell phone over to Yn.
Yn was puzzled and she frowned as she took the cell phone from Taehyung's hand. "What happened?"
"Something happened to Nan Yan and she is in the hospital now. They said that someone apparently sabotaged the shoes that Nan Yan had placed inside the dressing room and when Nan Yan put on her shoes, a nail pierced right through the sole of her foot. She is currently in the operating theater..."
"So, Nan Yan and her brother assumed that I did it?" Yn understood the panic in Vera's tone immediately.
"The television station has already checked all the CCTV and they are certain that no strangers have entered the dressing room at all. Moreover, there are many production crew members and staff who can prove that we did have a conflict and confrontation with Nan Yan earlier today," Vera replied in a stern and desperate manner. "Nan Yan's agency has already contacted Director Shen about this matter. There will be trouble as soon as this incident leaks out to the public. Who would be that bored and lifeless to do such a vicious thing?"
At this time, the Internet was once again a mess as havoc broke out.
<Yn bullied a newcomer in the dressing room at the backstage of the television station. She pierced a five centimetres long iron nail into the newcomer's foot!>
<Backstage disputes are common but who would take such a vicious revenge on anyone? Is Yn a human or a devil?>
<Nan Yan suffers a serious injury. Is this Yn's way of taking revenge?>
Yn could only roll her eyes when she saw the title of the various articles circulating around the Internet. Please. Who would be attracted to read articles with such ridiculous headlines?
[What? Are they saying that Yn bullied a newcomer? Somehow, I believe that this news is nothing but a baseless rumor.]
[I have already decided at the start of the year to trust and believe in Yn no matter what the media says about her. I believe that Yn is innocent and that the truth will come to light eventually! Just like always...]
[When Yn was recording <Desert Island Rescue> in the past, Tong Tong was so annoying but Yn was so patient with him and she never once scolded or despised him. Now, you are telling me that Yn bullied a newcomer backstage? No. I don't believe a single word in the article.]
[Nan Yan's injury is a matter of fact, but no one has any evidence to prove that Yn is in fact the culprit who caused Nan Yan's injury. The only reason why Yn is getting all the blame is simply because she could not get along with Nan Yan.]
[Exactly. I don't get along with my fat ass neighbour as well. So, if my fat ass neighbour dies one day, am I the murderer then? What a stupid and ridiculous logic!]
[If this people have the time to spread this rumor, they might as well use this time to lodge a police report so that the police officers can investigate this matter.]
Fortunately, the netizens and passers-by have already learned their lesson based on past experiences involving Yn. Therefore, their first reaction as soon as they saw the news was to defend and stand on Yn's side.
They knew that Empress Lee was a person with integrity and a good character. That is why they found it hard to believe that Yn would do something as vicious as that.
[Yn is obviously the type of person who would not intentionally find fault with anyone else. To be honest, I find it a little more believable if you tell me that Yn eats shit, but if you tell me that Yn is bullying someone? No, I don't think so.]
[Hahaha...how could you say that? Where should my Empress Lee hide her face now?]
[But if I had to choose between bullying people and eating shit, I would rather eat shit too.]
[Are you all the devil?]
Regardless of whether the netizens believed in Yn or otherwise, Yixing Entertainment was adamant on demanding an explanation from Yn.
This was because Nan Yan was still enraged and aggressive when she arrived at the hospital and the doctor had to administer a sedative to stop her from being violent and cursing at Yn continuously. Since there were no strangers entering the dressing room at all, it was not surprising that Nan Yan was suspicious of Yn.
"Vera, accompany me to make a trip to the hospital later."
"Are you really going to the hospital?" Vera asked as she rolled her eyes. "That Miss Nan is just accusing you without any proof at all."
"No matter what it is, we have to get to the bottom of this matter." Yn emphasized that regardless of whether Nan Yan would be willing to listen, she had to go and explain herself so that they could discover the truth.
"You said earlier today that someone would definitely teach that Miss Nan a lesson one day. Who would have known that we would also be implicated in this matter?"
"I will leave from home now. I'll meet up with you at the hospital."
Vera could only nod her head helplessly after listening to Yn's instructions. "Alright then. I don't know how else to deal with you."
After hanging up the phone, Yn quickly apologized as she placed her arms around Taehyung's neck and hugged him tightly. "Taehyung, I am sorry but I don't think that I will be able to accompany you to sleep here tonight."
"I'll go to the hospital with you," Taehyung replied as he hugged Yn. "You need a bodyguard with you anyway."
"Okay." Since Yn already witnessed firsthand how scary Nan Yan's temper could be, she would not reject the idea of having a bodyguard to accompany her. She was afraid that the young girl would really jump out of her hospital bed to hit her otherwise.
A short while later, both of them Went downstairs and as soon as they ran into Grandpa Kim, he quickly asked them, "Where are the both of you going? It is already so late at night."
"Something came up, Grandpa Kim. I have no choice but to head back to the company to handle the issue."
"Let Taehyung accompany you." The old man ordered directly before he turned around to look at Taehyung. "Make sure that you pay attention and protect your own identity. Try not to bring any attention to yourself."
Taehyung did not say anything but he followed quietly behind the little descendant.
After the both of them left the Kim family mansion, the old man muttered: "I really hope that this girl can win over Taehyung's heart. After all, both of them have grown up together since they were childhood friends. I know that if I were to ask Taehyung to date any other girl, he would definitely give them the cold shoulder. Let's just hope that Yn will be able to change his mind and make him feel like settling down and starting a family."
"Grandpa, I think that you can rest assured. Yn will certainly live up to your expectations," Chen Lee continued speaking up on behalf of the couple.
In order to protect Yn's identity, Taehyung stopped the car by the side of the road close to the hospital instead of parking directly in front of the hospital.
"Taehyung, you can just drop me off here and wait for me here. If you go any further, we will definitely run into the media and reporters who will be waiting at the entrance of the hospital," Yn said to Taehyung as she looked at the crowd of people standing outside the hospital.
"I will not allow you to leave with Vera alone. The least you can do is to wait until the bodyguard is here," Taehyung replied immediately.
"I understand." Yn nodded frantically. "Taehyung, I need you to help me analyze the situation. Nan Yan and I first met in the afternoon. After that, we had some disagreements and it is obvious that both of us do not get along at all. Next, we had an argument and even though the production team tried to get us to reconcile, it was pointless. Later that afternoon, we had both left the dressing room to attend our respective rehearsals separately. In the evening, we were both back in the dressing room to apply our makeup. That was the time Nan Yan took off her shoes. After I had finished applying my makeup, Vera and I left the lounge as it was time for me to perform on stage. We returned to the dressing room at about nine o'clock at night and we left as soon as I changed out of my clothes. I heard that Nan Yan only came back to the dressing room at about half past nine at night."
"That can only mean that the incident must have happened after I left the dressing room for my performance. However, Nan Yan was still in the dressing room while I was still performing. Therefore, the only possible time for anyone to have placed the nail in Nan Yan's shoe is between nine to half past nine at night."
"However, Vera called and asked and the production crew said that they already checked the CCTV and they did not see anyone entering or exiting the dressing room at this time. So, what could be the possible explanation for this matter, Taehyung?"
"What did the production crew mean when they said that nobody entered or exited the dressing room? Are they referring to anyone in general or did they omit anyone who is possibly related to Nan Yan?" Taehyung asked Yn after he listened to her explanation. "Do they mean that no one entered at all, or are they only referring to people who could be suspicious?"
After listening to Taehyung's theory, Yn smiled. "Taehyung, I really think that you have some sort of supernatural powers. You seem to have given me a whole new direction to think about what could have transpired."
"You do not use the word 'supernatural' in this situation," Taehyung replied indifferently. "I am just analyzing the facts and the situation as it is."
"Speaking of this, I suddenly thought of a very important detail," Yn said all of a sudden. "During lunch time today, Nan Yan was very dissatisfied with the lunch that her assistant had bought for her. Nan Yan reprimanded her assistant and humiliated her in front of Vera and myself. She was rather harsh with her words and it seems as though she was not appreciative of her assistant at all."
"Isn't that the answer that you are looking for, then?"
Yn leaned forward towards Taehyung before she kissed him on his lips. "Taehyung, you really are my soul mate."
Only he would be able to read her thoughts so quickly and tacitly. It was such a good feeling to feel so connected to her Taehyung and it seemed as though he was the only person in this world who always understood all her thoughts and emotions.
A short while later, Vera finally arrived to accompany Yn into the hospital. At this time, the bodyguard that Taehyung had arranged for Yn was already waiting for them.
"How unlucky could both of us be to be implicated in this matter?" Vera said with a frown on her face as soon as she saw Yn. "There are so many people who dislike Nan Yan, but why must she blame it on us as soon as she gets involved in an accident?"
"Well, who asked us to have a disagreement with her earlier in the afternoon?" Yn replied as she chuckled. "By the way, Vera, did you talk to the production crew carefully? Are you sure that no one had entered the dressing room at all between nine to nine thirty at night? Take note that when I say nobody at all—this includes Nan Yan's personal assistant."
After listening to Yn's words, Vera shook her head before replying, "I will call the television station again to get a confirmation on this matter."
"Alright, hurry and call them now," Yn replied as she waved her hand at Vera. "We will go into the hospital once we find out the exact information. Otherwise, I would have no evidence to prove my suspicion to that girl."
Vera sat in the car as she called the television station and a few minutes later, she put down her cell phone before she looked at Yn. "Yn, you can be a god. You were right. Nan Yan's assistant did enter the dressing room between nine to half past nine. The reason why the production crew ruled her out and did not mention her name at all was because they simply assume that it would not be possible for an assistant to hurt their own artiste."
"Impossible? You personally saw how Nan Yan treated her assistant during lunchtime today. If I were her assistant, I would have fed her some arsenic already," Yn replied as she rolled her eyes. "Let's go in. If we do not confront Nan Yan, then we will never get to the bottom of this matter."
Since the reporters and paparazzi were crowded around the entrance of the hospital, Yn walked very briskly into the main entrance of the hospital with Vera and the bodyguard by her sides as soon as she got out of the car.
Before the reporters and paparazzi could even respond, Empress Lee had already entered the hospital without catching their attention at all.
At this time, Nan Yan had just come out from the operating theater and she was being sent to her private ward. Her injured foot was hung up to enhance blood circulation and it seemed as though it would take her a long time to fully recover.
"Brother...I am hurt and I am really in a lot of pain. You must get justice for me," Nan Yan said with tears in her eyes as she laid in bed. "If my foot does not recover fully, then I want to cut off Yn's legs!"
Yn could hear the young lady's screaming as soon as she arrived right outside Nan Yan's private ward. She was really a very spoiled princess.
"Yan Yan, you should have a good rest so that you can recover faster. Don't worry too much about this matter. I am your brother and I will definitely deal with this matter on your behalf."
"I don't want to rest! I want you to bring Yn before me now so that she can apologize to me!"
Yn heard each and every word that Nan Yan had just said and she took this opportunity to approach the bodyguards standing outside her ward. "Please let your young lady know that I am Yn and that I would like to speak to her."
The two bodyguards briefly exchanged glances with one another before one of the bodyguards Went into the private ward to pass the information along. After a brief moment, they could hear Nan Yan screaming in rage. "She actually has the guts to come here!"
"Miss Y/n, you can go in now." After that, the bodyguard opened the door for Yn to enter.
Yn walked into the private ward with Vera by her side, with one of the bodyguards standing right behind them. However, Yn could not help but snicker as she thought that Nan Yan looked hilarious with the enraged expression on her face.
"Miss Y/n, nice to met you. I am Nan Jin." At this time, Nan Yan's brother greeted Yn as he walked towards her from the hospital bed. He was very tall and thin and he dressed like a Korean celebrity. "You are here because of my sister's matter, right?"
"Mr. Nan, you really look out for and dote on your sister a lot," Yn replied indifferently.
"Of course, she is the youngest child and she is the family's baby. Now that she is injured, I hope that Miss Y/n will also cooperate with us in the investigation of this matter," Nan Jin replied in a heavier and more serious tone. In fact, he seemed to be implying that there was no way that Yn could get out of this matter if she was really guilty of the crime.
"The only reason why I am here is to clarify things. However, I hope that you can help to control your sister's temper as we try to get to the bottom of this matter, Mr. Nan."
"This was obviously your doing! What else do you want to talk about?" Nan Yan screamed as she lay on the hospital bed.
"Mr. Nan, forgive me for being straightforward, but based on my observation of the way that the Nan family is allowing Nan Yan to act, this is not the first time an incident similar to this has occurred, am I right? I also think that your sister would also encounter many more incidents like this in the future. Of course, this is your personal family affairs and I do not have a right to interfere or give my opinion at all. However, I would like to ask about the whereabouts of Miss Nan's assistant. Why isn't she here now?" Yn asked Nan Jin after looking around the private ward.
"We are talking about the nail that you placed in my shoe now! Why are you talking about my assistant instead?"
"She has gone out to get supper for Yan Yan," Nan Jin replied. "Miss Y/n, may I know why you are looking for Yan Yan's assistant?"
"Then we should wait for her to return first. We cannot start the show without her."
"Why do you want to act so mysterious now?" Nan Yan replied as she rolled her eyes at Yn. "Yn, I know that we have had our disagreements earlier in the afternoon, but do you really have to be so vicious and ruthless?"
Yn could not stop herself from laughing out loud as soon as she heard Nan Yan's complaints. "If I had really wanted to deal with someone, I would never place a nail in her shoe where the tracks could possibly lead right back to me. I would not deal with you in such an obvious place like the dressing room. Moreover, you are underestimating me. If I had really wanted to deal with you, I would not just place a nail in your foot, I would have aimed for your leg instead."
"You...you are such a vicious person!"
"Then, can you tell me why you hate me so much? Is it really just because I accepted the endorsement contract for the brand specializing in hemorrhoid creams?"
"Why do I need a reason to hate you?" the arrogant young lady said as she glared at Yn. She did not even bother to come up with an excuse to reply to Yn's question. "Anyway, you are very annoying."
"Okay, fine. I am the most annoying, then..." Yn replied helplessly.
This young lady was really acting like a child and her emotions were written all over her face.
At this time, Nan Yan's assistant finally returned to the ward with the supper that she bought for Nan Yan in her hand. "Nan Yan, I bought you some food that you love."
"What took you so long? You are always so slow! Did you travel on an ant's back?" Nan Yan replied as she looked at the other party with disgust written all over her face. It seemed as though she would never be pleased no matter what anyone did for her.
Yn also noticed that Nan Yan's assistant's hand was swollen because her hand was burnt.
"Yn, what did you want to say earlier? Why don't you start already?"
At this time, Yn glanced at Vera before she turned her eyes back to Nan Yan with a smile on her face. "Actually, the television station has just extracted some new evidence for us that I think you do not know about."
"Who are you trying to deceive? The television station has already told me countless times that no one else had entered the dressing room after I took my shoes off. Who else would have committed such a heinous crime aside from you?"
"So, are you just assuming and accusing me?"
"Yn, what kind of stories are you trying to make up now?" Nan Yan sneered in reply.
"I am not making up any stories. In fact, why don't you ask your assistant what she was doing when she entered the dressing room at 9.17 pm?" Yn asked as she fixed her gaze on Nan Yan's assistant at this point.
Nan Yan's assistant was completely caught off guard and she panicked for a moment. However, she quickly regained her composure and answered Yn's question, "I Went into the dressing room to get my cell phone!"
"Are you sure about that?"
"Yes!" Nan Yan's assistant nodded her head.
"But from the CCTV, you were holding your cell phone in your hand when you entered the dressing room..." Yn continued asking, "Did you really enter the dressing room to get your cell phone?"
"I..."
After Yn's last sentence, Nan Yan's assistant was even more at a loss for words.
This was because she was no longer sure whether she had been, in fact, holding her cell phone when she entered the dressing room.
Sometimes, reverse psychology messes around with people in a subtle manner.
"Furthermore, how could you have forgotten something as important as your cell phone while you were backstage? Does that make any sense to you at all? It seems a little suspicious to me. So, what were you really doing when you Went back into the dressing room?"
"I...I..."
"Yn, what the h*ll are you trying to imply?" Nan Yan asked as she looked at Yn impatiently.
"In fact, you were the one who grabbed the opportunity to place the nail in Nan Yan's shoe when you saw that I had already left and Nan Yan was still on stage. You are the only one who could have done that without incurring any suspicions because you know how best to place Nan Yan's belongings." Yn raised her suspicion immediately as she looked at Nan Yan's assistant.
"No...it was not me. I did not do it," Nan Yan's assistant quickly denied the allegations as she waved her hands.
"Then, why don't you tell me what you were doing in the dressing room at 9.17 pm?"
"I...I forgot..."
"Have you really forgotten what you were doing or do you have nothing else to say right now?" Yn took advantage of the situation and continued firing her questions at the assistant. "You placed the nail in Nan Yan's shoe because she scolded and humiliated you at lunch today. You are only retaliating because you cannot bear it anymore, am I right?"
Nan Yan's assistant would never have expected Yn to analyze the situation so thoroughly and take things this far to prove her innocence. Therefore, at this time, Nan Yan's assistant took a few steps backwards nervously.
"I...I did not mean to do it, but I was just too angry and upset at that time, and that is why I did it. I regretted my actions but it was already too late at that time," Nan Yan's assistant finally confessed as she was completely defeated.
"You did it? Was it really you?" Nan Yan asked as she looked at her assistant in disbelief. After that, she picked up the water bottle next to her and threw it directly in the direction of her assistant.
Fortunately, Yn managed to pull the young assistant out of the way in time.
"Nan Yan, the way that you treat the people around you is exactly the reason why people would want to get back at you," Yn reprimanded Nan Yan in a stern manner. "If I were your assistant, I would not only have injured your foot, but I would have made your life a living hell!"
"Yn, get your facts right! She placed the nail in my shoe!"
"If you did not lose your temper and scolded and humiliated her in the first place, would this have happened today? She has to put up with your temper and your horrible attitude every day. We are all human, so why does she has to tolerate all of your antics? Why should you be superior in comparison to her? The only reason you can act this way is simply because you came from a well-to-do family and you have a brother who would stop at nothing to spoil and pamper you! Why can't you learn to respect other people? I think that you deserve this because you brought this upon yourself."
As Yn was speaking, she pulled up the young assistant's sleeves to reveal her swollen and red hands.
"Look! This is what she gets for working so hard for you. Nan Yan, you should just stay at home and be the pampered and spoiled young lady that you are. Stop coming out to society to cause more harm to others. I do not know how precious you are in the Nan family, but let me tell you that in this society and in the entertainment industry, I will not give you any special treatment just because of your status or identity. The Nan family has released a press statement and blamed me for causing your injury without checking and verifying the facts in the first place. This has caused a lot of damage to my reputation. I want you to release a public statement apologizing to me for the defamation. Otherwise, I will see you in court!"
"As for your assistant, yes, you have every right to press charges against her. However, I want you to know that if you really intend to sue her, then I will definitely hire a lawyer to defend her. You have already humiliated and attacked her so many times in the past and I am certain that whatever transpired today is not the first incident. If you want to take actions against her, then we will see what the netizens and everyone in the entertainment industry will have to say about your character and personality. You think that you can do anything that you want to just because Chairman Nan is protecting you."
Whenever Yn's temper flared up, no one would be able to stop it.
However, Vera felt very relieved at this time.
Both Nan Jin and Nan Yan had a very frustrated expression on their faces and they were so furious but they could not say a word at all.
"So, are you saying that you are looking down on me?"
"You are a princess in the Nan family, but who are you when you are not relying on the Nan family?"
"You singing skills are horrible, you sing out of tune, you dance in such a stiff manner, and the only reason why you have a leading role in the drama is because your brother is giving you all the resources. Do you think that you will be able to secure or achieve anything based on your own abilities? Just take a look around you. Is there anyone who is sincerely sticking by your side because they like and truly appreciate you? Nan Yan, to be honest, I feel very sorry for you."
After she was done speaking, Yn turned around and looked at the young assistant before she asked, "So, are you going to continue working for her?"
The young assistant shook her head and her eyes were red and puffy as she tried to hold back her tears.
"Then, you deserve whatever is happening to you because you do not know how to love yourself. Would you die if you stopped working for her?"
The young assistant looked at Yn with a pitiful expression on her face before she started sobbing.
Yn sighed before she turned around to Vera and said, "Give her your name card. If the Nan family gives you any trouble, do not hesitate to call Vera. However, if Nan Yan chooses not to pursue the matter any further, then I hope that you will be able to find a way out for yourself."
After that, Yn stared at Nan Yan.
No one would have expected Yn to specially make a trip to the hospital in the middle of the night to impart her knowledge and to educate someone else.
If Nan Yan did not learn anything at all tonight, then there was nothing else that Yn could do to help her.
"Vera, I want to go home now. I am feeling sleepy already."
Nan Yan and Nan Jin were both dumbstruck.
Even the bodyguards who were guarding the door outside were surprised when they heard Yn raising her voice at the Nan siblings. They were even more amazed that Nan Yan did not have anything to say in retaliation.
The bodyguards felt as though they could bow down to and worship Yn on the spot.
"Wait a minute..." Nan Yan suddenly sat up on her bed and stopped Yn from leaving when she saw that Vera had already opened the door for Yn to leave the private ward.
Yn turned around and looked at Nan Yan questioningly.
"Can't you choose not to be the ambassador for hemorrhoid cream?"
"Let me correct you. I am the ambassador for their eye cream!" Yn replied as she turned around.
"They are still under the same brand! Do you know that I feel very ashamed and embarrassed whenever people talk about you endorsing that brand nowadays?"
Yn then asked, "So, is this the reason why you hate me? Is it because of this...or perhaps you don't hate me at all? Are you mad at me because I made you lose face when I became the ambassador for this brand?"
Nan Yan's face turned red immediately.
"If you think that I am so embarrassing, then you can simply choose not to like me."
"Who likes you?"
Yn smirked before she walked out of the private ward.
At this time, Nan Jin looked at his younger sister who was sitting on the hospital bed. "So, the reason why you yelled and lost your temper at Yn is because you do not know how to express your feelings?"
"Who asked her to be the ambassador for the hemorrhoid cream?" Nan Yan yelled as she laid back down on her face. She had been ridiculed countless times whenever she talked about her idol and this had taken a toll on her self-esteem.
"Then...do you still want to press charges against your assistant?"
"Brother, can you stop giving in to me all the time? Otherwise, I will really be so spoiled and pampered for the rest of my life!" Nan Yan replied before she pulled the blanket over her head. She was very certain that Yn was looking down on her right now.
In fact, Yn did not look down on Nan Yan at all. Instead, she felt that there was still hope for Nan Yan to turn over a new leaf.
"So, Nan Yan was only finding fault with you and starting an argument with you because she likes you?" Vera asked in disbelief as they walked out of the hospital. Vera could not believe her own ears due to Nan Yan's attitude in the dressing room earlier today.
"What is so strange about that? Everyone expresses their feelings in their own way." Yn replied as she laughed. "Actually, I sense that Nan Yan is very similar to Ling Fei. She was simply too used to being spoiled and pampered by Bai Tingzhang, and that was the reason why she had lost her own direction and path. However, I think that Nan Yan can still turn over a new leaf and start her life afresh if she wants to. Oh no. Let's hurry up and go home already. I have to return to T City for filming tomorrow. I want to spend some time alone with Taehyung and I do not have much time left..."
"Alright, go, go," Vera urged as she sent Yn to Taehyung's car.
As soon as Yn got into his car, Taehyung started the car before he asked, "So, has the matter been resolved?"
"Yes. Her young assistant is just upset and she simply wanted to take revenge on Nan Yan for mistreating her. However, I exposed her actions and she confessed to her crime immediately," Yn replied. "She is still young and that is why it is easy for her to make mistakes. Taehyung, let's go home already..."
This time, Taehyung drove Yn back to Hannam Regency Villa.
Yn was so excited that she jumped onto their huge bed as soon as she got into their bedroom. This was because she had not been back home in such a long time.
At this time, Taehyung was taking off his shirt and when Yn saw what he was doing, she smiled before she asked, "Taehyung, what are you going to tell Grandpa when he finds out that you did not return to the Kim family mansion tonight? You spent the whole night talking about building the most ideal life with me?"
"There is nothing I want to talk to you about..."
"How can you have nothing that you want to talk to me about? We can talk while touching one another..."
Moreover, they were in their own house and there was no one there to interrupt them...
At this time, in the hospital.
When Nan Yan thought about what Yn had said to her earlier, she hid under her blanket as she cried silently to herself.
She really admired and liked how Yn could love and hate without fearing anything at all. She wanted to learn from Yn and she wanted to be more and more like her.
However, she could not stop thinking that Yn was a retard. Did she not know that people were just waiting to trample all over her?
Everyone around her was already laughing and mocking Yn for becoming the ambassador of the hemorrhoid cream. Nan Yan was already being outcaste by her peers because she refused to make fun of Yn.
In fact, when Vera saw the group of girls who were humiliating and making fun of Yn at the television station today, Nan Yan was with the group of girls but she was the only person who did not say anything bad about her...
Forget it. Nan Yan did not want to cry anymore. Since Yn already hated her, there was nothing else she could do.
Anyway, it was her own fault for scolding Yn and cursing her so that she would not receive any more endorsement contracts in her lifetime.
Nan Yan picked up her cell phone from her bedside table. Initially, she merely wanted to check the time but when she saw that it was already morning, she subconsciously logged into Yn's official fan page. She was just a loyal fan who wanted to check on her idol.
Sigh.
She was really hopeless.
In fact, Nan Yan was just one of those young adolescents who did not know how to express their feelings but still wanted to attract the attention of the person that they cared about. However, sometimes, though they have no ill intentions, they could still mess things up unknowingly...
The next day, Yn returned to T City and at this time, Yixing Entertainment had also released an official statement claiming that whatever happened backstage in the dressing room of the television station last night had nothing to do with Yn and they apologized for the huge misunderstanding.
Nan Jin finally agreed to let the assistant off without any charges because that was Nan Yan's request.
After Yn's educational speech last night, Nan Jin also reflected on his actions and he wondered if the Nan family was in fact protecting and pampering Nan Yan too excessively. This had turned Nan Yan into an arrogant and self-centered person who only cared about herself. Although this was how the family showed their love for Nan Yan, this was also the biggest obstacle blocking Nan Yan's growth in her career and as a person.
Should he allow Nan Yan to suffer a little and work hard to fight for her own resources so that she would finally learn how to respect others?
"Brother, do you know what plans Yn has after shooting <Nameless Orphan>?"
Nan Jin was unpacking Nan Yan's breakfast for her at this time and he could only look at her with a helpless expression on his face. "Why are you asking me when you are her fan? She is not even an artiste under Yixing Entertainment."
"Why don't you sign her under Yixing Entertainment then?"
"She is doing so well in Park Media, so why would she come over to Yixing Entertainment?" Nan Jin asked as he looked at his sister.
"If Park Media is really so great, then why did Yn become an ambassador for the hemorrhoid cream?"
Nan Jin could not stop himself from laughing out loud after listening to Nan Yan. "The other Ginger Candies did not even hate on Yn or dislike her even after they found out that she is the ambassador for that brand. They simply decided to show their support by buying the product that their idol is endorsing. So, why can't you just accept it and do the same?"
"Alright then...I will buy it too. Brother, can you help me to order one thousand bottles of the eye cream that Yn is endorsing?"
Nan Jin was speechless.
Nan Jing laughed even louder when he saw the serious expression on his sister's face. "Forget it. Let me tell you some news that I caught wind of. I heard that Yn will be the first female lead for the drama version of <Yan Huasu>. However, no official announcement has been made yet. The announcement will probably be made after the awards ceremony."
"Brother, is the <Yan Huasu> you are referring to the very same online novel that often ranks first online?" Nan Yan asked she her eyes brightened up immediately.
"How would I know if I do not have the habit of reading or chasing after online novels? What I know is that it would be a very big drama production and many female artistes are vying for this resource. However, it seems as though the original author and inventor of the <Yan Huasu> novel really likes Yn very much. Therefore, he has personally delivered the script over to Park Media to allow for Yn to consider taking on the role of the first female lead for the drama," Nan Jin informed his sister at this time.
"Wow! I am so happy right now, Brother. I really like that novel. Do you know who the first male lead for the novel is? Has it been decided already?" Nan Yan continued questioning Nan Jin. She was not even interested in eating her breakfast anymore.
"Not yet. However, it would be a little difficult for the fans of the novel to accept the new love line between the new first male and female lead. This is because someone else has already bought the copyright for the game version of <Yan Huasu> and there is already an actor and actresses representing the first male and female lead in the novel. Fans of the novel are all in love with the couple and they might not be too accepting of Yn. However, I would not worry too much about it because Yn has a very high EQ."
Nan Yan nodded her head after listening to her brother's explanation. After a brief moment, she turned around before she asked her brother, "Then...Brother...can you try to get me a small role in the drama?"
At this time, Nan Jin could not help but stared at his sister in disbelief. "My sister? Why would my sister want to play a small and insignificant role in a drama?"
"Didn't Yn say that I should stop relying so much on you?"
"Alright then. I will get you the role so that you can go and prove yourself."
Nan Jin would do it just so that this silly girl would stop saying that he was overprotective of her all the time.
"So, when are you going to apologize to Yn?"
Nan Yan did not reply because still felt a little awkward and she did not know how to apologize to Yn. She would just think about what to do when that time comes.
On the other hand, the original author of <Yan Huasu> followed an entertainment reporter to visit the cast at the filming location for <Nameless Orphan> a short while after Yn returned to the filming set.
Since the scenes today involved filming under the heavy rain today, Yn was exposed to the heavy rain for more than three hours. All the production crew and cast members could see that Yn was already shivering from the cold.
Everyone in the crew knew that Yn was afraid of the cold but they also knew that she was a very responsible and dedicated actress. She was very committed to her work and she would never delay or cause any problems to the people around her due to her own personal reasons.
Therefore, it wasn't until Director Mong finally yelled 'cut' that the young paparazzo quickly hurried over to Yn before placing a dry bath towel over Yn who was completely drenched from head to toe.
Yn wiped the water off her face and she towel dried her hair a little before she wrapped the towel around her body.
"Are you okay, Yn?" Director Mong asked Yn when he saw that her lips had already turned purple. He was very concerned as he knew that the filming conditions for the scene today were extremely harsh.
"I am fine," Yn replied as she shook her head.
"Sister Yn, here, have a bowl of this ginger soup that I made for you," one of the production crew members said as she handed a bowl of hot soup over to Yn. "I have also added some of the herbs that you previously prescribed me for staying warm."
"Thank you." Yn took the bowl of ginger soup and started drinking it and she finally felt warm and alive again.
"Why are you thanking me for? You are the reason why all of us are still so healthy despite the busy filming schedule!"
After she finished drinking the bowl of hot ginger soup, Yn Went into the dressing room to change into a set of clean and dry clothes. As soon as she was done changing into a clean outfit, the young paparazzo came in to inform her that there were two entertainment reporters who wanted to do a short interview with her. Yn quickly packed her belongings before she stepped out of the dressing room in a hurry. At this time, Yn saw two reporters waiting outside for her. However, Yn felt that one of the reporters looked extremely familiar to her.
After thinking for a short while, Yn suddenly realized her identity. "You...you are the famous author, Hou Da. You are Hou Da, right?"
The original author of the novel <Yan Huasu> was extremely surprised that Yn could recognize her. She stuttered as she asked, "Have we met before?"
"Well...sometimes when I drop by the bookstore, I would see photographs of you advertising for your fan meet and signing events."
Moreover, Hou Da was easily recognizable because of the black mole by the corner of her lips.
"Alright then. Initially, I had wanted to pretend to b a reporter. Hahaha. Anyway, the purpose of my visit today is to find out what your views are and what you think about the novel, <Yan Huasu>. Why haven't you replied to me at all? Don't you like the drama script? Do you have any other plans or arrangements in mind?"
"Let's continue talking while we walk," Yn said to the other party. "Actually, the reason I have not replied to you is because I don't feel prepared for the role yet. Hou Da, didn't you sell the game copyrights of your novel to a gaming company previously? The gaming company had actually hired an actor and actress to play the love line of your first male and female lead. Why didn't you approach them to play the roles in your drama instead?"
"Just because I like you!" Hou Da replied without any hesitation at all. "I like to see you getting abused by the netizens. Hahaha..."
Yn was dumbstruck.
"Alright. It's because I really like you and your personality. Therefore, I decided that I would have to get to know you personally."
The few of them walked towards Yn's hotel room and at this time, the young paparazzo and the reporter quietly retreated to give Yn and Hou Da some room to communicate and share their thoughts on the drama.
Hou Da had become a famous author early in her life. She was a very famous romance and contemporary writer. She was a very optimistic and cheerful person who was extremely confident in her own talents and abilities.
Both Yn and Hou Da were already laughing and getting along very well with one another after meeting for less than half an hour.
"I had initially suggested that the investors invite Lin Kaiyan to play the role of the first male lead. However, after approaching him, he refused to participate in the drama production as soon as he heard that I intended for you to be the first female lead in this drama."
"Why? Does he think the production team will not be able to pay him well?"
"It is because of your poor acting skills! And you lack of talent!" Hou Da replied as she laughed. "But I really do feel that Lin Kaiyan is really too arrogant for his own good even though he is a very well-known actor. I don't like the fact that he is looking down on others when he had also gone through the same experience in the past. How could he look down on someone who is facing a rough patch in life?"
"Who is facing a rough patch in life?" Yn asked as she winked at Hou Da.
"Who else are we talking about now? You should be grateful and start thanking me for giving you this amazing opportunity," Hou Da laughed once again. "Anyway, I hope that you can think about it and sign the contract with us to play the role of the first female lead as soon as possible. I believe that you have already read the drama script, so you should know how amazing the drama is."
"Am I really that pitiful that you have to chase after me like this?"
"To be honest, I am really stressing out over the choice of the first male lead. It is already giving me a massive headache. It feels as though there are really no suitable candidates nowadays," Hou Da said as she leaned against the back of the sofa as she placed her palm on her forehead.
At this time, Yn suddenly spoke up, "Hou Da, do you mind if I share my opinion on this matter?"
"Yes, you have no say in this matter."
Despite Hou Da's reply, Yn continued speaking as she put forward her suggestion to Hou Da. "I think that you should stop looking for actors who are already very well-known and established in the entertainment industry, as most of them are similar to Lin Kaiyan. They would be very picky about the work environment, the benefits, and the partners that they would be working with. Meanwhile, there are many new and young actors who are also equally capable and willing to work with someone else. Moreover, they would also be more than willing to endure any hardship. I think that the role of the first male lead in <Yan Huasu> should be played by a clean and new actor who can portray both the role of an innocent man and a villain at the same time. That would definitely create a huge impact."
"That makes sense," Hou Da replied as she seriously considered Yn's words.
Both of them had a lot to talk about and they continued chatting until Yn finally had to leave to film her next scene.
When Hou Da finally left the filming location, she had a huge smile on her face. It had not been a wasted trip after all.
Hou Da was also the young lady of a prestigious family and she could tell at first glance that Yn had good character and she had been brought up well.
Moreover, Hou Da realized that Yn was a very interesting person and was someone very easy to get along with.
This was one of the main reasons why she wanted Yn to be the first female lead in the drama.
She firmly believed that people who were portraying her work should have the same mentality and belief in her work, instead of simply playing the role of the character in her novel.
As for the previous couple who had played the love line for the gaming production, although she had not met them in person, she had seen the ten-second advertisement that the gaming company had prepared. She felt that the couple were expressionless and that they did not have any emotions at all. They were simply two flat and expressionless models...
They were also extremely arrogant right now just because they got a little famous after the advertisement.
What was even more disgusting was the fact that the agencies of the couple who played the role of the male and female lead in the game advertisement had actually paid the gaming company to help them to manipulate Hou Da's fans. This was so they could try and secure the roles of the male and female lead in the drama.
However, the more underhanded methods that they used, the more uncomfortable Hou Da felt about casting them for the role in the drama.
She loved all the fans of her book, but she knew that they were only reacting in this manner because they were being manipulated by a bigger force.
It wasn't because Hou Da did not want to spoil her fans and fulfill their wishes. However, the screenplay and the production fees of <Yan Huasu> had cost her more than hundreds of millions purely on landscaping alone. Hou Da had already exhausted almost her entire net worth on the preparations for the drama and this was the reason why she would not give in when it came to casting decisions.
As news that Lin Kaiyan had been invited to take on the role of the first male lead in <Yan Huasu> was leaked out to the public, news about the female actress who would be playing the role of the first female lead also came to light. This was because it was rumored that Lin Kaiyan had only given up the role of the first male lead as he did not want to work with the actress who would be playing the first female lead. In the entertainment industry, it was not uncommon for any actor or actresses to look down on another party's acting skills.
[I heard rumors stating that the role of the first female lead in <Yan Huasu> would be played by Yn. Lin Kaiyan had directly rejected the offer to become the first male lead in the drama because he heard the news and he did not want to work together with Yn!]
[What first female lead are you talking about? Doesn't Hou Da know about the existing gaming love line?]
[No official announcements have been made with regards to this matter and our Empress Lee is currently still busy filming for <Nameless Orphan>. (Smiley emoji)]
[Do you think the gaming love line couple is trying to create waves over here? Don't you think that there has been plenty of their advertisements and promotions all over the place recently? They are even advertising on television! The other day, I actually thought that it was the official trailer for the upcoming <Yan Huasu> drama.]
[Hou Da, please consider the gaming couple as your first male and female lead in the drama. They are really very compatible together and we want to continue supporting their love line!]
[Hou Da, even though I also like Yn, I really do not want you to replace the original couple who represented the gaming version love line for <Yan Huasu>.]
[I will not watch the drama if Yn is playing the role of the first female lead.]
[The hater above, are you happy now?]
[So, Lin Kaiyan really looks down on Yn's acting skills? He is even willing to forgo such a big drama production simply because he does not want to work with her!]
[Please ask Lin Kaiyan not to accept the role of the first male lead in <Yan Huasu>. Otherwise, he will definitely get a slap in the face when he realizes that Yn's acting skills are not too bad at all.]
There were no official news or announcements about this matter but privately, Huo Da's fans, the Ginger Candies, fans who supported the love line portrayed by the gaming company, and Lin Kaiyan's fans have already started their disagreements.
The fact was that the other three group of fans were all very displeased and disgusted with the news that Yn would be playing the role of the first female lead in the drama.
The book fans and the gaming fans had never been reconcilable in the past, but they seem to be agreeable and unprecedentedly consistent in their opinions with regards to the appointment of the first male and female lead for the drama.
After reading all the news and articles on the Internet, Hou Da was suddenly very annoyed and frustrated. Why were these children so easily manipulated?
The Ginger Candies were also very unhappy when they saw the news. Did these people think that their idol had an entire army of fans for no reason at all?
At this time, Nan Yan quickly edited a clip from Yn's short ancient videos and she emphasized on all the Korean traditional outfits that Yn wore in her videos. After that, Nan Yan captioned the video and posed a question, asking whether the actress playing the role of the female lead in the gaming version of <Yan Huasu> deserved the role better than Yn.
Moreover, why was Lin Kaiyan so arrogant? So, what if he was an established and well-known actor?
Let's see who would finally get the last laugh when their Empress Lee received the popularity award at the awards giving ceremony.
Empress Lee had always been a bright and open-minded person and she would definitely be able to overcome the obstacles and difficulties this time, just as she always did. She would not even be bothered by these haters at all!
Hmph!
However, this matter did not simply die down because of silence from the Hou Da and the investors involved in the casting of the drama. Instead, the agencies of the two actor and actress continued pushing forward because they wanted to test Hou Da and the investors' limits. They wanted to place pressure on Hou Da and the investors so that they would feel as though they are letting all the fans and netizens down if they did not cast the actor and actress who formed the love line for the gaming version in the drama.
This caused Hou Da to have indigestion for several days.
This was one of her most important drama productions and yet something so disgusting was happening and there was nothing she could do to prevent it.
In the end, the agency also released a video clip featuring the couple and they came out to promote the video clip as the official trailer of <Yan Huasu>. The trailer unexpectedly received the support of all the book and gaming fans.
[True enough, this is indeed the official trailer for <Yan Huasu>! I am already looking forward to it.]
[Both of them are really the perfect match. When I first saw them in the advertisement for the game, I was already hoping that they would create a drama series for <Yan Huasu>. It seems as though my dream has come true!]
[Ahh! If they are both really playing the role of the first male and female led, then I can definitely sit down and watch a hundred episodes without taking a break!]
[Is this really the official trailer for the drama? Is this for real?]
In the end, Hou Da had no choice but to step forward and release an official statement because the agency was taking things too far. Although she had a smile on her face, Hou Da was actually feeing very annoyed deep inside. "We are still in the process of casting the first male and female lead for the drama. Please be patient with us and wait for the official announcement!"
After that, the fans started wailing and complaining about why Hou Da simply refused to use the couple that all of them loved so much.
[Just relax, everyone. Hou Da might just be finalizing their schedules right now.]
[Anyway, I don't care if Hou Da casts anyone else for the role of the first female lead as long as she does not cast Yn!]
[Although Yn looks very beautiful in Korean traditional outfits, I think that she is really not suitable for the role of Duan Hanyan. Furthermore, I have serious doubts about Yn's capabilities and I have zero confidence in her acting skills.]
Hou Da became even angrier after reading all of the subsequent comments. Later that night, she sent a text message to Yn: "You told me that you are a very popular artiste right now. So, why are there so many complaints and why are so many people objecting when they hear of my intention to cast you as the first female lead for the drama?"
Yn smiled as soon as she read the text message before she sent her reply to Hou Da: "This is the game that has always been going on between the media, the artistes, the agencies, and the fans. When has this ever been easy?"
"However, it's really weird because the more that they scold you and object to you, the more I want to cast you for the role," Hou Da replied in a firm manner.
"Hou Da, since you have already decided to cast me, then you should not pay any attention to the comments posted by the fans and netizens. That would only add to your frustration and make you unnecessarily angry. What you should do right now is to stick by your own principles and decision and do what you think is right. When the time comes, the netizens and fans will definitely understand and come to accept the reason you have made this decision."
Hou Da finally calmed down after reading Yn's reply.
She was right.
If she really followed each and every one of her fans' opinions, then she would never have written the novel <Yan Huasu>.
Why should she allow anyone else to interfere in her own decisions?
Furthermore, who gave them the right to do so?
After that, Hou Da exposed the couple directly for pretending to be the first male and female lead for the upcoming drama. Did they really think that they could just pull this off in front of her?
If the couple's agency continued to share their video clip as the trailer for the drama, she would definitely pursue this matter and deal with them directly.
Later that night, Yn had a video call with Taehyung after she was done filming her scenes for the day. As soon as she hung up on the video call, Yn Went online to check up on the recent developments and response from the fans of <Yan Huasu> gaming edition.
"Young paparazzo, can't you go back to your own room to eat your instant noodles?" Yn asked because she could not tolerate the slurping sounds he was making.
"Sister Yn, the kettle in my room is broken!" the young paparazzo replied sadly, as if he had been seriously wronged.
"I am a little angry now!"
"Huh? Why? Is it because of the casting issues for the drama <Yan Huasu>?" the young paparazzo asked as he looked at Yn, who was sitting in front of her laptop.
"Are my acting skills really that bad? Why did he turn around and run away as soon as he heard that I would be playing the role of the first female lead?"
"Are you talking about Lin Kaiyan?" the young paparazzo asked as he suddenly realized what Yn was so frustrated about. "He can run if he wants to, but he is only creating opportunities for other people. He will definitely come to regret his decision!"
"You are right. However, it is really unbearable to be looked down on and trampled by all the netizens just because of the gaming couple," Yn replied in a quiet voice. She stared at the young paparazzo before she finally spoke again. "Please call Vera later and get her to look into the background of the actor and actress who played the roles of the male and female lead in the gaming advertisement."
"Okay, I will get to it right away," the young paparazzo replied as he held his bowl of instant noodles in his hands and walked out of Yn's room to get to work immediately.
Although it was common for the younger generation to want to vie for whatever resources that they could, they...should not have overdone it.
Otherwise, it would not look too good for them to be digging their own graves.
The young paparazzo came back with the background check on the young couple early the next morning.
Both of them had debuted as magazine models and gained popular as teenagers because they had appeared on several hot issues of certain popular magazines. Besides that, they had also participated in several modelling competition, thus achieving the reputation that they had today. The peak of their career was when they were scouted to play the role of the male and female lead for the advertisement of the gaming version of <Yan Huasu>. The both of them were signed under the same agency and it seemed as though they intended to take advantage of the drama <Yan Huasu> to make their official debut in the acting industry.
"They only have such a background but they actually have the audacity to create trouble?" The young paparazzo was very angry when he saw the results of the background check. What was wrong with them? Did they actually believe that they could do better than Yn?
"You forgot to check up on the chairman of their agency. Their chairman has always been interested in reading novels and this is the reason why he knows how to use psychology to deal with Huo Da's book fans. With the chairman's background, it is easy for the couple to create a big problem for us," Yn could not help but reply as she read about the background of the couple.
"The fans of the gaming version of <Yan Huasu> are all encouraging the book fans to support this couple to play the role of the first male and female lead in the drama version of <Yan Huasu>. They even came up with a list of ten reasons why you should not be playing the role of Duan Hanyan! What is most annoying is the fact that the tenth reason they are against you taking on the role is because you have put on some weight recently!"
Yn placed her palms on her face as she squeezed her cheeks gently. She did gain some weight recently.
She was sorry to have troubled the netizens and made them so concerned about her.
"What should we do now? How are we going to deal with them?"
"It's very easy and simple. I will go and have my makeup done first. You can stay here today and watch all the videos of the activities and interviews that both of them have participated in throughout the years. I believe that you will definitely be able to find a way to deal with the situation at hand by doing so," Yn instructed the young paparazzo as she started walking out of the hotel room. "This will be your assignment for the day."
"I will be able to find a way to deal with this situation after watching all the videos?" the young paparazzo muttered to himself as he was extremely puzzled. However, since Yn was so confident about it, then the young paparazzo believed that there would certainly be a way to handle this. All he had to do was watch all of the videos.
On the other hand, Hou Da had completely rejected the proposal raised by the couple's agency. She had also spoken to them and asked them to stop doing so many despicable things based on the account that everyone was in the entertainment industry together. Hou Da's fans were already starting to get aggressive and they were all boycotting Yn, and there was only one simple explanation for that. Who deserved the credit? Wasn't it obvious at this point?
Even if they really wanted to push for their love line, why should they trample on others to get what they wanted?
They had no shame at all!
Ah! Ah! Ah!
But why was there no reaction from Yn.
Hou Da had been looking forward to observe how Yn would deal with public relations with regards to this matter. This was because Yn was the one who told her that it was common for the netizens, fans, agencies, and the artistes to be in conflict with one another.
Ah! She was so mad!
On the other hand, the young paparazzo spent the whole morning watching all the videos of the couple's activities and interviews. However, he felt that he was almost crossed-eyed but yet, he had not found anything that they could use. What kind of breakthrough did Yn mean exactly?
When Yn was finally done filming her morning scenes, the young paparazzo ran towards her as he held his cell phone in his hand. "Sister Yn, I have already finished watching all the videos that I could find of the couple."
"So, what have you found out?" Yn replied as she drank her bowl of hot soup.
"I don't think I have found anything useful..." the young paparazzo replied as he scratched his head.
Yn sighed before she put down her bowl of soup and gave him an idea.
"You should know that <Yan Huasu> is a female romance novel. It might be normal for the female model to have read the online novel but then again, it could be highly possible that she did not read the novel at all. However, I dare to bravely conclude that the male model has never read the online novel before. Do you know that this is the one thing that book fans would never accept? How could anyone fight to play the main characters in the novel when they have never read the novel before? How do you think the book fans will respond if they find out about this?"
"The reason why I asked you to watch those videos is because I hoped that you would be able to find some evidence to prove that the couple has never read the novel before. So, does this ring a bell at all? Did you see anything related to this point in the videos?"
"Yes, yes, yes! It was not only the male model, but the female model had also made several errors during her interviews. There was even an incident where she had actually referred to a character in the novel by the wrong name during an exclusive interview. Moreover, when one of the reporters asked the woman to name her favourite supporting character from <Yan Huasu>, the woman could not even come up with a single name," the young paparazzo said excitedly as he recalled what he had just seen from the video clips. "Furthermore, the male model did not even bother to pretend but he simply told the reporter that he has never read the novel before in his life because he has no interest in reading romance novels."
"Then, you should edit all of the video clips and make a compilation of the videos before passing it to Hou Da," Yn replied after listening to the young paparazzo. After that, she picked up her bowl of soup and continued drinking it to keep herself warm.
"Do you need me to start spreading the video on the Internet?"
"No, you don't have to do it. All you have to do is to edit and compile the videos. Someone else will definitely do the rest for us."
The young paparazzo could not help but sigh when he thought about Yn and Jhope. Both of them were clearly brothers and sisters, there was no denying that fact at all. In fact, it seemed as though both Yn and Jhope were made for the entertainment industry. They were sensitive to public relations strategies and often time, they could assess and predict exactly what was running through the netizens' minds. The young paparazzo could not imagine what kind of psychological or magical skills the siblings shared.
As soon as the young paparazzo thought about the reaction of the book fans, he quickly got to work and he successfully compiled all of the videos in less than two hours.
Hmph!
Initially, Hou Da thought that Yn did not make any move at all. However, she suddenly received a big gift later in the afternoon.
Hou Da was extremely enraged after she finished watching the video compiled by the young paparazzo. Although she was not qualified to interfere with the other party's advertising choices and decisions as she had already sold the gaming copyrights to the company, she was still very annoyed! Hou Da did not think that it was that big of an issue if the couple did not read her novel for the gaming advertisement, but what were they thinking when they tried to fight for the role of the first male and female lead in the drama?
Who gave them the courage?
Later that evening, one of Hou Da's loyal fans suddenly came forward and uploaded a post stating: "The couple from the gaming advertisement has not even read the novel <Yan Huasu> before! Please do not harass Hou Da again!"
Everything was stated clearly in the post itself.
A couple who played the love line of the male and female lead in the gaming version of <Yan Huasu> actually won your loyalty and support just because they were lucky enough to secure the advertisement contract in the past?
This was completely unbelievable! All of you actually spoke out and tried to force Hou Da to change her mind just because of this two people? Are you guys retarded?
First of all, I am against this couple playing the role of the first male and female lead in the drama despite their beautiful appearance because no matter what, they are still models at the end of the day. All of you should know that Hou Da has dedicated all that she has to the drama production of <Yan Huasu>. So, how could you be so selfish to just jump the gun and ask Hou Da to act according to your own will and wishes just to satisfy your own selfish needs? How could you ask Hou Da to cast a pair of models with little to no acting experience to play the role of the main characters in her novel? Hou Da invested everything that she had into this drama, so why should she act according to your needs?
Don't you think that you guys are thinking too greatly of yourselves?
Secondly, this couple has never even read the novel <Yan Huasu> before in their lives! I have attached a compilation of some video evidence below my post to prove that I am not making this up. If you do not believe me, you can check it out for yourself. What do you guys think about this situation? Do you really want Hou Da to give the role of the main characters to people who do not even appreciate or enjoy the novel at all? If your answer is yes, then are you truly a fan of the novel? All of you are constantly pushing Hou Da to a dead end. Do you know that you are placing Hou Da in a very tough spot?
Thirdly, can fans of the gaming version of <Yan Huasu> stop manipulating the fans of the book already? Please do not go out of your way just to cause more harm to people. We need the actor and actress who would be portraying the main characters to be worthy of the roles that they are playing. We do not want models with no expressions or acting skills to ruin the drama for us!
Fourthly, what is wrong with Yn portraying the character, Duan Hanyan? She is currently a very popular artiste; she looks absolutely gorgeous in traditional Korean outfits and her acting was pretty great in <Mysteries of Heaven>. Moreover, Hou Da really likes her, so what is your issue with Yn? Have all of you forgotten your boundaries just because Hou Da would usually just give in to all your whims and wants? In my opinion, Hou Da has the right to decide and make her own decision on who she wants to cast for the role of the first male and female lead in her drama production. I really do not understand what is the big deal here.
Finally, I really hope that all of you will stop making judgments and trying to influence Hou Da's decisions. This novel is one of her most beloved works and she would never cast anyone that she does not believe in to play the role of the characters we love so dearly. So, can we all just sit and wait patiently for Hou Da to make the official announcement about the actor and actress that she is going to give the roles to? Please do not push Hou Da to a dead end. Can we do that?
Do you all feel a sense of achievement and are you all so proud of yourself for pushing an established author to a dead end?
As soon as the fan posted his article, it was instantly shared by some of the other rational fans. After all, most of Hou Da's loyal fans had been really depressed for the past few days.
Some of the fans, especially fans of the gaming version of <Yan Huasu>, were especially surprised to discover that the couple that they were rooting for did not even bother to read through the novel at all. Why would they have the courage to fight Yn?
Moreover, did the couple actually think that they would be able to get the role of the first male and female lead in the drama without even reading the original novel?
Wow. This was absolutely unbelievable.
[Are you guys finally seeing things clearly now? You are all just a group of gullible book fans who are so easily manipulated by the gaming fans! To think that you guys actually threatened Hou Da and tried to force her to give the role of the main characters to a couple who did not even read her novel at all! This is such a slap to the face.]
[I really think that the book fans must have been blind to support that couple who did not even read the novel!]
[To think that the male model actually had the guts to say it out loud in public that he has no interest in reading any romance novels at all. Why did he choose to take the advertising contract for <Yan Huasu>, then? He has no sense of professionalism at all!]
[You can see from the interview that the female model is obviously not that interested in the novel either. Did you guys know that she had actually participated in a writing competition before?]
[Hahaha...the truth is finally out in the open. I wonder what kind of stories she used to write in the past when she is obviously not interested in novels at all?]
[From today onwards, we must protect Hou Da! No more coercion!]
[The gaming fans should just get lost already! You are not welcomed here.]
[The gaming fans who are supporting the love line played by the models in the advertisement should scram! Stop manipulating the book's fans! We will support any actor and actress that Hou Da decides to give the roles to!]
Initially, the couple who played the love line for the gaming version of <Yan Huasu> were very happy to add fuel to the flames because they had wanted to pressure Hou Da and coerce her into giving them the role of the first male and female lead in the drama. However, they were wrong because they did not know that the only reason why Hou Da could come up with the novel <Yan Huasu> in the first place was simply because she would never give in to anyone if it meant that she would have to give up on her own beliefs.
Empress Lee had never intended to trample on the couple as she had never been the type of person who would take the initiative to launch an attack on anyone else. However, if someone else initiated a fight, she would certainly fight back and she would always make sure to win the fight beautifully.
The couple had expected anyone to dig up their interviews from so many years ago to use against them. Who would have known that they would suffer such a huge defeat instead?
No matter how thick-skinned they were, no one would be able to keep their heads up high after getting slapped right across their faces!
Therefore, the fans of the gaming version of <Yan Huasu> also retreated because they did not dare to add fuel to the flames anymore.
Hou Da was finally happy and relieved because she could finally relax without facing tremendous pressure from her fans.
This time, if the couple's agency had the audacity to approach her again, then she would have the perfect reason to shut them down completely.
What were they thinking?
Of course, since Hou Da had already decided that Yn would be the first female lead, then she would have to hurry up and decide on the first male lead as soon as possible. In fact, she felt that what Yn told her yesterday was very reasonable indeed.
Hou Da agreed that well-known actors such as Lin Kaiyan were always very arrogant and proud. They would also have very high demands for themselves and their filming environment and conditions. Lin Kaiyan might have a very stable and consistent fan base, but he lacked the freshness and excitement that a newcomer had. Although it might prove to be much more challenging to give the role of the first male lead to a newcomer, Hou Da was not looking for a comfortable and easy filming journey. If she had wanted to take the easy route, she would not have chosen Yn at all. In fact, all Hou Da wanted was to prove that there was potential in everyone.
What was even more important was the fact that Lin Kaiyan was already almost thirty-four or thirty-five years old. Hou Da might as well look for a young and handsome male actor in his early tWenties to play the role of the main character instead. As she thought about this, Hou Da quickly called her investors to discuss their plans to search for a new male actor instead.
As for the upcoming awards ceremony, let's see who would be more embarrassed when Yn brings an award home that night!
After exposing the couple who played the love line for the gaming version, Yn received less hostility and criticism from the book's fans. The situation on the Internet was also much more peaceful. Although Yn used to be a fan of the couple, she suddenly felt a sense of disgust when she thought about them.
Even so, there were still some netizens who had their doubts about Yn playing the role of the first female lead in <Yan Huasu>.
[Although I know that Yn has an amazing personality and her acting skills are actually bearable, I can't help but feel that there are so many other candidates who are more suitable for the role of Duan Hanyan.]
[I feel a sense of emptiness in my heart. I don't even know if Empress Lee has actually read the novel before. Will she really be able to portray the character Duan Hanyan?]
[I think she is more suited for the role of Qiu Xue. Somehow, I feel that Yn is really suitable to play that kind of hateful characters.]
[Hahaha, why do I feel the same way too?]
[Yn has already read the novel. In fact, she read the novel a long time ago. In the past, she used to throw shade at Hou Da because she felt that she was releasing the new chapters too slowly! I think that everyone has forgotten about it because it was too long ago...]
[How do you know that?]
[Exactly...]
Of course she knew, simply because this was her second account! When Yn first received the script of <Yan Huasu> from Vera, she already felt that this script was extremely familiar. In fact, she was even more certain about it after she reviewed the plot. She suddenly remembered that she had been really bored a few years ago when she was filming a youth idol drama. Therefore, she ended up reading and chasing after online novels.
This incident had occurred so many years ago and she only managed to get back her reading account a few days ago.
Of course, Yn could not reply to the netizen's question.
Therefore, Yn decided to go offline and video call Taehyung instead.
However, the reader ID that Yn used raised a lot of suspicions because some of the netizens pointed out the fact that this person spoke like Yn herself. But was that really possible?
Why would it be impossible?
Nothing was impossible with Empress Lee.
At this time, Taehyung was drinking tea with Grandpa Kim in the courtyard of the Kim family mansion when his cell phone started ringing because Yn was video calling him. Taehyung was spending more time with his grandfather because Grandpa Kim could not stand the cold climate in Seoul and he was about to return to his home in a warmer climate for the time being.
In the past, Taehyung used to be extremely cautious before he answered Yn's phone calls in front of his grandfather.
However, this time, Taehyung had intentionally placed his cell phone on the table so that the old man could see the caller ID. After that, he deliberately ignored the call until the old man started urging him to answer the call.
"Why aren't you answering the call? Isn't it Yn who is calling you? Pick up the phone now!"
"It is already so late at night."
"That young girl has already been filming for the whole day and she just wants to talk to you even though she must be feeling so tired. What is the matter with you?" the old man asked in an anxious manner as he took the initiative to pick up Taehyung's cell phone before pushing it into Taehyung's hand. "Take your cell phone with you. You don't need to accompany me anymore. You should also drop by Yn's filming set if you have the time to do so. I heard that they have actually allowed people to visit the filming location. Stop wasting your time on all those unnecessary people every day! Do you understand me, Taehyung?"