Chapter 24

"I do not want to listen to your brother's one-sided explanation."

"Vera, don't you think that whatever that you have heard from your friend was also just a one-sided story?" Yn asked over the phone.

Vera was silent for a short while before she finally agreed. However, she needed to figure something out before she went over to the villa. "Will Mr. Kim be at home too?"

Yn could not help but laugh after listening to Vera's question. "Are you really that afraid of him? Do not worry; you can be rest assured that he is at work right now."

Vera was relieved.

No one could blame her for being afraid. After all, although Kim Taehyung was a very handsome man, he was really very cold and scary when he glared at someone. Who would not fear him?

Later in the afternoon, Yn had just finished going through her script when Jhope arrived at the villa dressed in a vest, a pair of shorts, and a pair of slippers. As soon as he entered the living room, he laid down on the sofa immediately.

"Did you go swimming?"

"Speak up. What is the matter?" Jhope asked. He was so sleepy that he could not even open his eyes fully. "If you have something that you need to investigate, you can just give the young paparazzo a call."

"The reason I have called you here today is to discuss your personal matters. For the past five years, I have never asked you any questions about your personal life, but right now, I really want to know if you ever had anyone in your heart," Yn asked as she stared at Jhope.

Jhope looked at Yn with a serious expression on his face before replying, "Little girl, why do you want to know so much? Isn't Taehyung enough for you? Do you want me too?"

"Just tell me the truth, brother. Or do you want me to investigate this matter on my own?"

Since Yn had already made things so clear, Jhope knew that his sister was not kidding and that she was serious when she asked him the question.

"Before I tell you anything, why don't you tell me why you are suddenly interested in my personal affairs?"

"Before I tell you why I am asking you this question, why don't you tell me your true feelings first?" Yn replied once again.

Jhope looked at Yn and he thought for a moment before he finally sat up.

"I had a girlfriend when I was studying at Auburn University."

"Why did you break up with her? Is it because the Lee Family went bankrupt?" Yn took the opportunity and immediately asked to get an answer out of her brother.

Jhope shook his head, implying that the answer was no. "No. We were already facing some problems in our relationship. In fact, we had already broken up three months before the Lee Family went bankrupt. Therefore, strictly speaking, this matter had nothing to do with you or the Lee Family."

"Is that the truth?" Yn asked as she looked at him suspiciously.

"It is up to you whether you choose to believe it or not," Jhope replied indifferently.

"Can you elaborate further? What kind of relationship problems did you guys have at that time?"

Jhope was once again silent. After thinking about it for a short while, he finally replied, "I will satisfy your curiosity once and for all today, but you have to promise that you will not ask me about this matter again in future."

"Okay," Yn replied as she nodded her head slightly.

"She cheated on me. At that time, I had a lot of assignments and I had to conduct many different experiments to complete the assignments. That was why I had spent most of my time at the laboratory and I did not have much time to accompany her. At that time, some of my friends had told me that they bumped into my girlfriend and they saw her behaving intimately with another Englishman. I did not think much about it until I caught her in bed with that Englishman one day. I broke up with her immediately because there was nothing left to say," Jhope replied as he patted Yn on her head. "That is why you should not ask your brother about such sad and emotional matters in the future, okay?"