The Butterfly Garden

(A/N) 6 comments and 10 votes! For the next chappie!

(Harry's POV)

'Yeah! It's very good that she's not interfering. But you know, she might later.'

My eyes dart across the message as I read the words I've just received from Niall. I pause and think up a reply as Katie joins me on the couch.My parents and Gemma went out for dinner and a show a few minutes ago, leaving Katie and I alone for the next few hours.

"Hey, love." I chirp with a smile and a wink. She blushes like usual and sits next to me before turning so that her head is on my lap. I take this as an opportunity to type my reply.

'Im watching her. But I think Gemma likes Kat a little more than she liked the last one.'

I press send and place my phone on the side table before entangling my fingers in Katie's new dip dyed hair.

"I really like these colors." I compliment while admiring her hair. She smiles and closes her eyes, rubbing little circles into my hand with her thumb.

"Thanks." She says. I nod my head before leaning over her to reach the TV remote.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask, flipping through the channels in search for a decent show or movie.

"I dont want to watch TV." She tells me, opening her eyes again.

"The Breakfast Club just started!" I sing, she sits up and snaps her gaze to the telly. I knew that would change her mind considering her favorite movie is The Breakfast Club.

"Never mind, lets watch TV." She grins, situating herself into my arms.

"Hey, don't get to comfortable yet. We need to get snacks!" I inform her, standing up and jogging to the kitchen. When I open the fridge I find mounds of food that have always been my favorite. I know my mum probably stocked up on my favorites before I arrived because she's just awesome like that. I grab two cans of root beer before slamming the fridge door and opening a cabinet. A bag of crisp sits in front of me waiting to be opened. I grab the bag before returning to an awaiting Katie. She smirks at the arm full I have as I take my seat again.

"Hungry?" She laughs.

"This is for both of us! Duh!" I defend, handing her a root beer. "Im gonna play the movie now." Leaning over once more, I pick up the remote and point it toward the TV. When I press the play button, the scenes of Katie's favorite movie unroll, putting a small smile on her beautiful face.

-

"You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But, what we found out is that each one of us is: a brain... And an athlete... And a basket case... A princess...And a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club." The movie ends with the famous speech that is now printed on t-shirts and posters all around, making it nearly impossible for anyone to just forget about it. A classic movie like The Breakfast club is rarely forgotten anyway.

"It never gets old." Katie whispers. I tighten my arm around her shoulders and nod my head in agreement.

"And thats why its your favorite. Are you tired?"

"Very" she yawns. I smile and stand up, pulling her with me.

"No" she moans. "Carry me."

I roll my eyes at her smirk before lifting her from the ground, but not the way she expected. I throw her over my shoulder and laugh as her torso dangles behind me with each step. I only laugh louder when she squeals and kicks her feet.