̶(̶ ̶0̶0̶ ̶)̶

Then they say every end (

Then they say every end (...) ...

131 AC.

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

"How does it feel, brother?"

Aemond looked up. He hadn't noticed how Aegon had entered his chambers.

He had been so lost in his own thoughts that he hadn't even heard his brother approach him. A shame, considering his years of training with Ser Criston Cole.

The smell of alcohol hit him.

A wine bag in his hand and eye rings as dark as night and eyes as red as fire. He looked pathetic, but Aemond was sure he looked more pathetic. He smelled his own stench and he knew that his condition was unsightly. Greasy hair that fell into his face. Silver hair that had lost its luster and an unshaven face that could not hide his pale skin.

"...knowing you've killed the woman you loved?"

Aegon had always been very direct.

That was probably the only good quality about him.

Otherwise, he was just a boozy, sickly looking man, plagued by his injuries, who by the luck of his birth, had become king. Aemond wondered if Aegon was the most pathetic king the seven kingdoms ever had. He was definitely a candidate for it.

"And how does it feel to you?" rasped Aemond. His voice was rough. He hadn't spoken in days, and hadn't intended to, but Aegon had always known how to make him do things he didn't want to do.

"Me?" Aegon asked mockingly with a raised eyebrow as he dropped into the vacant chair next to Aemond.

Aemond looked at Aegon snidely. "Who gave the order to attack?"

"Since when do you follow my orders, brother?"

Good question. Never, actually.

"That was your own decision, wasn't it?"

"She wasn't supposed to be there." Aemond didn't know why he was defending himself.

But she was there. Right where he had burned everything to the ground. Right there where she wasn't supposed to be.

"To be precise, I got the information from you, Aegon, which is why I wonder-," he turned directly to his brother for the first time. He leaned forward a bit, and he watched Aegon's eyes grow wide, almost fearful. "-was it you? Did you want me to kill her? That I would be the one and not you?"

Aegon made a pained, indignant sound. Anger came into his eyes.

"I would never have killed her."

"No? She would never have accepted you as king. Never bent the knee. After everything our family did to her. She would have been always an danger to you, to us, to this reign."