̶(̶ ̶54 ̶)̶

K I N G S   L A N D I N G

K I N G S L A N D I N G

𝕵𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖑𝖙 𝖘𝖎𝖈k 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖒𝖇𝖆𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖗 𝕽𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖓𝖞𝖗𝖆 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖙𝖔 H𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖍𝖆𝖑 𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒

Aemond had given them his answer when Rhaenyra had asked him to return Aemma to them.

Corlys had persuaded her to act diplomatically first before attacking Harrenhal. Daemon had surprisingly agreed.

Jace would have loved to fly to Harrenhal with all the dragons and burn the whole castle to the ground, but he knew as well as his mother that that would be the stupidest idea. Aemond was there, with Vhagar, his army and Aemma would burn to death in the castle in the worst case. No, they had to be tactically smart, but their tactics proved abortive when Aemond sent their ambassador's head back.

"Jace," Baela called after him as he ran out of the great hall. Panic rose in him. He didn't want to imagine what Aemma was going through at that moment. And it was all his fault.

He was a fool. He should never have let her go. This was all his fault.

When Addam had returned to King's Landing alone, without Aemma, he had suspected the worst. Her death would not only have broken his heart. But he wondered if her capture was actually better with a man like his uncle. Aemond was unpredictable and ruthless. He had proven that several times by now.

Baela grabbed his arm and pulled him back. Her grip was firm, almost painful, and Jacaerys was surprised by her strength. Her eyes sparkled, and though it was inappropriate in this situation, Jace couldn't help but look at his fiancée's beauty with fascination. Baela was unwavering, strong-willed and brave. It was only a few of her many qualities that made her beautiful and desirable.

"What are you up to, Jace?" she hissed, looking left and right to make sure no one heard her.

"Are you going to attack Harrenhal with only one dragon? That would be your death sentence. Aemond would have crushed you under Vhagar before you'd even realize it."